Thread: Different style different type of power

Different style different type of power

This is Shao lin type of power
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF6Sn...feature=fvwrel

This is Taiji type of power
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_nqSnM2S8

and this is Wing Chun type of power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2gw9VE16mo

and they all have different type of structures and applications technics.

Which type of power are you cultivating?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-24-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    If you train Shaolin, Taiji, and WC, when you fight, which type of power will you use? Will you kill your 1st enemy by using Shaolin power, kill your 2nd enemy by using Taiji power, and kill your 3rd enemy by using WC power?

There is only ONE type of power.
    And that is the amount of effort or time it takes to complete a task with the human body.
    That is power.
    How that ability is cultivated is one thing, how it is expressed is another.
    There is no internal nor external way to move a 200lbs wall unit from A to B, nor is there an internal or external or taichi or wing chun method of running the 100 meters in less than 11 seconds.
    There is no taichi or wc or shaolin method of lifting your 100lbs big screen TV set.
    There is just the right way, and the wrong way, there is just having the "power" to do it or NOT having it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    For thoses students who had gradulated from the 中央國術館(Zhong Yang Guo Shu Guan) - Central CMA Institute, they would never say which style power generation is better because they had trained them all.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-24-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There is only ONE type of power.
    And that is the amount of effort or time it takes to complete a task with the human body.
    That is power.
    How that ability is cultivated is one thing, how it is expressed is another.
    There is no internal nor external way to move a 200lbs wall unit from A to B, nor is there an internal or external or taichi or wing chun method of running the 100 meters in less than 11 seconds.
    There is no taichi or wc or shaolin method of lifting your 100lbs big screen TV set.
    There is just the right way, and the wrong way, there is just having the "power" to do it or NOT having it.

A swimmer, A runner, A weight lifter.... develop different type of body and power.
    A fish, A bird, A cat has different type of body and power.
    Different applications need different engines.
    Different job needs different tools.
    These are nature.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-24-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    For thoses students who had gradulated from the 中央國術館(Zhong Yang Guo Shu Guan) - Central CMA Institute, they would never say which style power generation is better because they had trained them all.

The question is what is the primary conditioning of one's body. one can train all but what is the one one mastered?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    A swimmer, A runner, A weight lifter.... develop different type of body and power.
    A fish, A bird, A cat has different type of body and power.
    Different applications need different engines.
    Different job needs different tools.
    These are nature.
    They develop a different way to demonstrate their power, SPECIFICITY.
    Yet that power is produced and developed the same way, as "power" can only do.
    How does a swimmer lift a 50lbs bag of potatoes any different than a runner?
    How does a taichi person swim different than a WC person?

All muscles develop and produce "power" the same way, HOW that power is demonstrated is another thing.
    All muscles work the same way - concentric, eccentric and isometrically.
    All humans are the same in HOW they develop and produce "power".
    While the degree may vary from person to person ( genetics), ALL muscles work the same way, all produce "power" the same way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    That's my question too. It's better to map those different power generation methods into our daily life such as:

- lift up
    - press down
    - push
    - pull
    - rotate

If you give hammers to a Shaolin guy, a Taiji guy, and a WC guy, and ask them to knock down a different brick buildings, will they perform any differently?

I had asked a simple question long time ago. What's the difference between an EMA guy's hip throw vs. an IMA guy's hip throw? Will the IMA rotate his Dentien, send his QI circlar through his body, and then throw his opponent over his head, or he just does exactly as any other EMA guy does?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-24-2011 at 01:43 PM.

T

If you give hammers to a Shaolin guy, a Taiji guy, and a WC guy, and ask them to knock down a different brick buildings, will they perform any differently?

Good question.

and I think the Taiji guy will be the most effective to use his body since the job fits his daily training and body conditioning.

Like in the old chinese way of using the shoulder to carry the goods hanging on both front and end side with a lever ( Pien Tan);
    Those who uses to it , doing it effortlessly runnig up and down hill fast; for those who is not use to it even have bigger muscle and power will have difficulties to even walk. it is different type of body structure-muscle conditioning , technics of using body make a different
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-24-2011 at 04:49 PM.

This is just another example of people living in their little fantasy world.

I've got news for you. You're a human just like all of us. You ain't special.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

A swimmer lift a 50ibs bag, a weight lifter lift a 50ibs bag.

How effective and efficient of using the power is the key. and that depend on what is the body conditioning and skill.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-24-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I think the Taiji guy will be the most effective to use his body since the job fits his daily training and body conditioning.
    To use a hammer to knock down a 2 store brick building was one of my summer jobs that I had back in 1972 in NYC for the Zabar's Jewish deli store (it's still there in Manhattan). At that time, I truly didn't know my Shaolin power generation or my Taiji power generation (I hadn't learned WC yet) could make my job any different.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-24-2011 at 05:06 PM.

To use a hammer to knock down a 2 store brick building was one of my summer jobs that I had back in 1972 in NYC for the Zabar's Jewish deli store (it's still there in Manhattan). At that time, I truly didn't know my Shaolin power generation or my Taiji power generation (I hadn't learned WC yet) could make my job any different.
    it is also like the earth digging, one can have lots of power in weight lifting but if one is not train and use to it, it is very in effective and in efficient.

also it is like those who uses double swords and those who use heavy weapon such as Kuan Dao or trident or double heavy hammers it is a different way of using power, the body is just develop in a different way after a while of training.

They develop a different way to demonstrate their power, SPECIFICITY.
    Yet that power is produced and developed the same way, as "power" can only do.
    How does a taichi person swim different than a WC person?

All muscles develop and produce "power" the same way, HOW that power is demonstrated is another thing.
    All muscles work the same way - concentric, eccentric and isometrically.
    All humans are the same in HOW they develop and produce "power".
    While the degree may vary from person to person ( genetics), ALL muscles work the same way, all produce "power" the same way.
    i think what hendrik's is getting at is how power is expressed rather than developed. perhaps using the example of the swimmer, runner & weight lifter is too general.

in the boxing context alone there are different ways of expression, Ali and Tyson both had different ways of expressing their boxing 'power'.