Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why all zones should be practiced.

i AM talking about real life.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

On a related note what's it like to have the s**** beat out of you?.does a lot of **** come out when that happens?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i AM talking about real life.
    Can't tell with you sometimes.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

in real life i havent fought since high school. there was a 20 vs 1 fight, i saw it and got scared, and never fought again.

im saying mma market itself as no holds barred but its still ritualized combat. theres no point to go to the ground. its not realistic, its not entertaining.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-15-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i dont like ground fighting ...
    I didn't like the ground fighting either. But since my old training partner was a beautiful girl, that totally change the picture.

When you throw a matchbox in the air and hit it, that matchbox will fly away. When you put that matchbox on the ground, a kid can step on and smash it. It's much easier to throw your opponent down than knock him down. Since throwing your opponent down is not the end of the game, you have to "finish" him.

IMO, kick-punch-wrap-throw-finish is very logic combat sequence. Whether your "finish" is arm bar, leg bar, choke, or just simple striking on your opponent's face will be all up to you.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-15-2011 at 01:08 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    i dont like ground fighting and im not gonna learn ground fighting. for 10 thousand years people decided if you hit the ground u lose for very good reasons.

you might not like ground fighting, but that really doesn't matter if someone puts you there. Like I said put yourself in those positions and learn.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    This is like the TWILIGHT ZONE.....Do Do Do Dooooooo
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    you might not like ground fighting, but that really doesn't matter if someone puts you there. Like I said put yourself in those positions and learn.
    if i am all alone and a group of ju jitsu guys with cameras suddenly challenge me to a fight, i am going to say no. and i will never brag to total strangers that i do kung fu, and kung fu is deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    This is like the TWILIGHT ZONE.....Do Do Do Dooooooo
    im being honest to myself. i aint learning that gay sh1t. i bet u have those one month gracy certificates just ot fool ur students.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-15-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    im being honest to myself. i aint learning that gay sh1t. i bet u have those one month gracy certificates just ot fool ur students.
    Dang, you mean they have a one month certificate? I got a one week Gracy Certificate. Now that is some really gay sh1t right there!!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

if i am all alone and a group of ju jitsu guys with cameras suddenly challenge me to a fight, i am going to say no. and i will never brag to total strangers that i do kung fu, and kung fu is deadly

haha one way of looking at it. But seriously, not saying that everyone should be a gracie "expert" on the ground, you should learn the basis of it for basic utilization. Not just talking about JJ guys, a lot of fights just end up on the ground, if your dead set against learning it so be it. But IMO every one should learn ground tactics as part of there training method and being a more versed person in the arts. But thats just it my opinion.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Not just talking about JJ guys, a lot of fights just end up on the ground, .
    ALL fights end up on the ground.

2 common ways to get up once u r down.

1. coy fish flips up or li yu da ting.

2. black dragon spirals along a pillar, wu long jiao zhu.

ALL fights end up on the ground.
    I wouldn't say all but a very high percentage.

Anyways, all I'm saying is don't fall into the pitfall of believing that yours or anyones stand-up alone will prevent such things from happening. That's why i started this thread-all zones should be practiced. A working understanding of them at least.

2 common ways to get up once u r down.

1. coy fish flips up or li yu da ting.

2. black dragon spirals along a pillar, wu long jiao zhu.

don't know those unless shown. If you want to see a good way of getting back to your feet, watch a wrestler. If you want to see good defense against takedowns watch a wrestler. I understand that not everyone looks to cross train, but many good things that TCMA could gain for being able to exploit what they do know could be gained from such things.

I wouldn't say all but a very high percentage.

Anyways, all I'm saying is don't fall into the pitfall of believing that yours or anyones stand-up alone will prevent such things from happening. That's why i started this thread-all zones should be practiced. A working understanding of them at least.
    in stand up fighting when you get taken down you lose. ground fighting is more forgiving because you keep fighting.