Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Physical Benefits of Internal Energy Work

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

General Physical Benefits of Internal Energy Work

Endurance power moving, such as loading trucks or pushing vehicles; can only be done for so long before you give yourself a heart attack or run out of steam. Short breaks of qigong, or martial meditation will reset blood pressure, allow all internal organs to catch up, and prevent cramps; while still keeping your self pumped up.

Most view moving as a gymnasium setting as a weight with so many repetitions, this is child’s play. Professional longshoremen, warehousemen and physicists all use a different terminology, foot-pounds per day. This is measured in tons per day, such as the song, Sixteen Tons, about loading coal.

I worked on the waterfront loading and unloading 180 pound sacks of coffee. Most weight lifters cannot last the thousands of repetitions of moving, and the few that do will not show up for work after the third day. Only about one in five obviously strong and fit men, who claim they can do the job; will last the week. Most marathon runners have the endurance, but are all legs, and have no power.

Rowers, commercial fisherman, mountain climbers and lumberjacks do the best: these all entail fluid movement.

Internal energy work insures that all of you internal organs are working together at maximum, so you can accomplish moving pyramids.

Being in good shape from Qigong, Tai Chi, Hsing-I and Internal Northern Shaolin; makes it easier to get back in shape for other physical movement, since it is the most efficient way to move. It also allows one to learn a new discipline quicker.

You are making these claims based on what? I'm not refuting your points, rather a desire for more information.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post
    Internal energy work insures that all of you internal organs are working together at maximum, so you can accomplish moving pyramids.
    The internal organs all belong to "不隨意肌(Bu Sui Yi ji) - muscle that cannot be controlled.". How can you move your internal organs?

指没有意志参与的,即不随意活动的肌肉。平滑肌和心肌都属于不随意肌。由于这些肌肉作用,使许多内脏器官具 有自动性,并且都是在植物神经的支配下进行调节活动。例如,心脏靠这种自动性可连续不断地搏动,另一方面也 受交感神经和迷走神经的不随意性的支配。如感情变化那种高级神经活动虽可影响植物神经中枢的紧张而使各器官 的活动有所变化,但根据意志直接控制是不可能的.随意肌与动物性机能,特别是与行为的发达有关系,而不随意 肌则与植物性机能的许多方面有关系.

Specifies that there is no will to participate in, that is not free to active muscles. Smooth muscle and cardiac muscle are involuntary muscles. Since these muscles, led to many internal organs has automatically, and are regulated under the control of the autonomic nervous activity. For example, the heart of this automatic continuous beating, also dominated by the sympathetic and vagus nerve is not arbitrary. Emotional changes that higher nervous activity can affect the plant nerve centers of tension and the activities of various organs vary, but according to the will of direct control is impossible. Voluntary muscles and animal function, in particular developed a relationship with the behavior, and the involuntary muscles and many aspects of sexual function in plants there is a relationship.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-01-2011 at 10:03 PM.

I don't know about internal energy and how it benefits people in this line of work, but your example of those who do well, rowers, fisherman, climber, etc.... do well because their work involves whole body movement, compound movements. Runners, although are in great shape are not trained to move weight, thus would not be good at that activity. When you say weight lifter, i assume you mean bodybuiders. I would assume that if you had powerlifters try the job, they would fair much better and no doubt be able to "hang with the big boys."

sounds fantastic!

wait...

nevermind.

I agree that qigong is excellent for refreshing the body and mind and correcting structural faults. But to keep the organs and bowels in good shape, that is a matter of diet and use. Don't eat too much, don't eat junk, etc. treat yourself well and your organs will be supple and healthy as long as they possibly can.

qigong in and of itself doesn't do much there, can't be shown to do much there and for the most part it's a light stretch and a psychosomatic healing reference.

just saying...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This guy is just another person selling something. He is posting thoughtful posts about qigong on numerous threads in order to spark interest and then will follow up with his book or school or both!

He is just using a less common BB marketing approach!

Impact and Recovery

Long periods of strenuous activity tax more than the heart and lungs.

An obvious impact is the back, and connective tissues. Qigong etc., will give you a longer work period without breaks, and adjust these in the intermission in the shortest time.

One might also consider the effect of adrenalin and the liver, these are also affected by Qigong etc.

Many other pools of circulation are affected by this, and Qigong etc. balances them.

In most exercises these effects are subtle, but not in the extended extreme conditions such as these.

Hope that addresses any principled questions.

This is talking about a very specific situation, and not meant to slam marathon running, weight lifting, or anything else; it is just that they are not effective for this environment.

What is the situation, i understand it to be endurance power moving as mentioned in your first post. You mean to tell me that qiqong exercise will prepare you for this type of activity? Not the fact that those you mention who are good at it are the ones doing compund movements? Please, don't tell me a commercial fisherman is going to take a 2 min break on the ship to "reel in the silk brocade" while his mates are hauling ass to get the nets in.

Relax everyone; foiling fist is just using a somewhat circuitous rambling style to explain that doing qigong will have a tonifying effect on the parasympathetic nervous system, thereby helping the organism in it's innate towards homeostasis; that, and he's also stating that motor skill, strength and endurance ar highly context spacific, which is also nothing new

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

Specificity mofu, can you spell it?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

There is an element in the public that think that Qigong and its practitioners are a bunch of limp-wristed wimps, and that the benefits are 'psychosomatic', as a previously posted reply explicitly stated.

This is and example that Qigong will augment training for the most strenuous, extreme and long endurance tasks , and aid in the breaks and recovery.
    RE:
    qigong in and of itself doesn't do much there, can't be shown to do much there and for the most part it's a light stretch and a psychosomatic healing reference.
    Last edited by Foiling Fist; 05-03-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Quoted passage post still here, at bottom

I run, work out, and do a lot of kicking and punching. I'm in remarkably good health for my age, with low blood pressure, low heart rate, and I feel great.

It's all free, too. You can find my new book here, too. It's free. I'll post it.

"Do cardio, work on your muscular endurance and strength, avoid crappy food, and stretch."

Feel free to download this comprehensive health guide free of charge.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

There is an element in the public that think that Qigong and its practitioners are a bunch of limp-wristed wimps,
    because many are...

and that the benefits are 'psychosomatic',
    because in many cases they are; which is fine - psychosomatic means that as a result of mental / emotional state change, there is a physiological (biochemical) change in the body; the so-called "placebo" effect is one example of this, and is responsible for many issues (such as chronic inflammatory processes brought on by sympathetic "overdrive") to resolve; also, the so-called tonifying effect on parasympathetics brought on by certain types of qigong "works" because it supports the body's natural innate drive towards homeostasis; then there are the more vigorous ones that are similar to many yogic practices, where you mechanically influence the organism (largely via tensegrity-based function of connective tissue matrix) to reorganize itself along new lines of force (e,g, - fibroblast remodling gets out of chronic, dysfunctional force vectors into more biomechanically advantageous alignments), either via stretches, or specific breathing schemas;

as a previously posted reply explicitly stated. This post was deleted today.
    Big Brother watching?

This is and example that Qigong will augment training for the most strenuous, extreme and long endurance tasks , and aid in the breaks and recovery.
    it's not an "example", it's a statement of opinion that is given without any supporting evidence to that effect; which is fine, it's your perspective; but that doesn't give you the purview to generalize your personal experience;

If Qigong was so great and such a performance enhancer, Olympic and Professional athletes would be doing it! As well as astronauts and soldiers!

But the only people who do Qigong are old people, limp-wristed hippies and people who are trying to sell something.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I run, work out, and do a lot of kicking and punching. I'm in remarkably good health for my age, with low blood pressure, low heart rate, and I feel great.

It's all free, too. You can find my new book here, too. It's free. I'll post it.

"Do cardio, work on your muscular endurance and strength, avoid crappy food, and stretch."

Feel free to download this comprehensive health guide free of charge.
    Let me write this down!!

Avoid food, stretch my cardio, and crap on my muscular endurance and strength!

Did I get that right?