Thread: progress with fibromyalgia

progress with fibromyalgia

Hi everyone I am a 30 year old guy and now am barely starting to see improvements in the pain when I practice kung fu. So far two of the things which seem to help most is hard chi kung training and some staff work I have done. So from what I have learned it seems like a good way for me to go from this point is to focus on a powerful upper body system such as baji or work with a southern style. From this info what styles would u guys recommend I try? I have done some excellent wing chun in the past with a sifu on here and just wasnt sure how its body strengthening compares with styles such as hung gar. I know that just exercising is one aspect I need to do obviously but besides that what would xtyle do you think I should try? thanks

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Wing chun seems to use the breast/clavical-shoulder-sides(lats)-shoulderblades-abdominal muscles.

White Eyebrow, Chu Ka Shao-Lin, Southern Praying Mantis, Seven Star Praying mantis, Shui Jiao; Large frame T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Yang Style, Taijiquan 24, Shang Tung Black Tiger, Hung Kuen Five Pattern Leopard, Shao-Lin Five Animal Style-Leopard.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 05-15-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Added leopards
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

My mother has fibromyalgia. She has been doing yoga for a couple years which she says greatly helps with the pain.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.