Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Animals of Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Let's talk about 'legwork', or what most refer to as 'kicking' in Wing Chun. Look at this clip and tell me what you see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdaC_ZtwuPM&NR=1
    1) A WCK short from a "3 Stooges" clip?

2) An audition tape for a Jackie Chan movie?

3) A Chinese girl with a practiced "mean mug"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    1) A WCK short from a "3 Stooges" clip?

2) An audition tape for a Jackie Chan movie?

3) A Chinese girl with a practiced "mean mug"?
    -----------------------------------------------------------

If it's an audition- not a bad one.

joy c

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Matt

I see you have been posting on PB's website. If I were you I would take the advice that you were given on there. Maybe it won't be for you but I personally think it will be a positive move. At least you will have more of an idea of the WSL method.

Although I have never met Augustine Fong I did practice it under a student of his. It cost me a lot of money and wasted time. Maybe it wasn't a good representation of Fong's way, in which case I would ask why?, but there were many things that were how can I say it.........? Stupid!
    GH

You're right Graham, I did post on PB's forum, back when I first entered this rather dysfunctional world of internet kung fu forums. See, unlike one of his student's students, I actually have a lot of respect for WSL and his method. And I wanted to share and also see sharing of others so that I could cultivate my mind to an openness that allows me to learn new things.

I've been on these forums for about 2-3 months now and I must say that by observation alone, whether it be this forum, or youtube comments, or other WC forums, the PB crew in general seem to all have this sort of arrogant attitude to them. I don't know what it is, whether PB's german translated over makes all of you think you're tough or just a result of PB himself. And it's kind of sad really, because at least the impression that I got from all the people that knew WSL was that he was an incredibly humble man. The David Peterson crew seems to be pretty cool and humble. What happened with you guys? Why such a stark contrast from what WSL represented?
    Matt

www.youtube.com/mvbrown25

Quote Originally Posted by mvbrown21 View Post
    You're right Graham, I did post on PB's forum, back when I first entered this rather dysfunctional world of internet kung fu forums. See, unlike one of his student's students, I actually have a lot of respect for WSL and his method. And I wanted to share and also see sharing of others so that I could cultivate my mind to an openness that allows me to learn new things.

I've been on these forums for about 2-3 months now and I must say that by observation alone, whether it be this forum, or youtube comments, or other WC forums, the PB crew in general seem to all have this sort of arrogant attitude to them. I don't know what it is, whether PB's german translated over makes all of you think you're tough or just a result of PB himself. And it's kind of sad really, because at least the impression that I got from all the people that knew WSL was that he was an incredibly humble man. The David Peterson crew seems to be pretty cool and humble. What happened with you guys? Why such a stark contrast from what WSL represented?
    I for one am not trying to be arrogant, we just know who is wasting time and why. And trying to SAVE you YEARS of wasted time too......WE.. ME , GH, wasted time too. Its not that we chose you or anyone randomly or we are selling PB ! as Joy likes to dismiss.
    My students all followed me too when I left my old 'thinking' and saw too the missing ideas and redundant misunderstood chi-sao drills that didnt work in fighting.
    We all try to spar with VT , ask yourself why most turns into kickboxing after all the sticky stuff ?
    Why you have found a plateau of ability ....I found one too, So did GH. I know guys much better than me who also left to study with PB. Philipp is most humble too...we are the forum voices, he would never do this.
    But I can see from your clips that your doing EXACTLY what I used to do too, so did GH.....so we are seeing our old ways, its not that we are arrogant, we see our old selves...application thinking, wrong, tan sao blocks, flowing in chi-sao etc....sticky leg ...

Wasting time ? or not, its your time. You can only find out one way. I have shown this to a Fong student who visited me, no bloodshed, no fighting, he saw straight away the thinking and agreed. He was sad that he would have to unlearn the years of muscle memory. I dont make more money for saying this or try to recruit you. its your choice.

[QUOTE=k gledhill;1098371]I for one am not trying to be arrogant, we just know who is wasting time and why. And trying to SAVE you YEARS of wasted time too......WE.. ME , GH, wasted time too. Its not that we chose you or anyone randomly or we are selling PB ! as Joy likes to dismiss.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good grief- he is not trying to be arrogant- in the next part of the sentence he is trying to save people and direct them to PB. The logic train passed him by.

BTW I have seen PB's videos-nice.. but not necessarily the greatest things since sliced bread.... even with the two dogmatic disciples' butter on them.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I for one am not trying to be arrogant, we just know who is wasting time and why. And trying to SAVE you YEARS of wasted time too......WE.. ME , GH, wasted time too. Its not that we chose you or anyone randomly or we are selling PB ! as Joy likes to dismiss.
    L o r d, it's hard to be humble,
    When you're perfect in every way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn1Qolv4ntQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    L o r d, it's hard to be humble,
    When you're perfect in every way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn1Qolv4ntQ
    wayfaring do you do VT ?

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1098403]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good grief- he is not trying to be arrogant- in the next part of the sentence he is trying to save people and direct them to PB. The logic train passed him by.

BTW I have seen PB's videos-nice.. but not necessarily the greatest things since sliced bread.... even with the two dogmatic disciples' butter on them.

joy chaudhuri
    Ive read your articles , so not so fast there ...

wayfaring do you do VT ?

Is that your latest question??

Joy

Don't just sit there and watch videos like the rest!!! Go and spar with these guys!! If you can, PB himself then you can have concrete evidence to back up all your posts!! The proof is in the pudding not on your PC screen!!!

Don't come out with no BS like "I'm happy with my Wing Chun and my Sifu" either.

FYI one guy has already done it. He too used to mock and accuse me of being arrogant. He has left his old lineage now. I respect him for that. The rest of you haters I just think you're quite boring!

GH

Joy

Don't just sit there and watch videos like the rest!!! Go and spar with these guys!! If you can, PB himself then you can have concrete evidence to back up all your posts!! The proof is in the pudding not on your PC screen!!!

Don't come out with no BS like "I'm happy with my Wing Chun and my Sifu" either.

FYI one guy has already done it. He too used to mock and accuse me of being arrogant. He has left his old lineage now. I respect him for that. The rest of you haters I just think you're quite boring!

GH
    I asked it before and ill ask it again...... are you telling me no one has left PB to go to another WC lineage???

FYI one guy has already done it. He too used to mock and accuse me of being arrogant. He has left his old lineage now.
    An interesting comment, as this seems to be exactly what you guys are looking for. You are the 'converters' to PB VT, and I suppose 'someone has to try' eh?

Thing is, you've hijacked this thread, like so many others, when you have had nothing to actually contibute other than sly comments and dismissal of the subject matter entirely. Man, you can't even see the locic of walking, so I can only preseume all you PB guys waddle around like ducks trying to keep both feet on the floor at all times! Ah! I get it! Perhaps that's your Snake character?

Now, I don't know what sort of Martial Artist would want to be converted to your way of thinking, but good luck with it as it seems to be your forte.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------

If it's an audition- not a bad one.

joy c
    I agree Joy.

And although many negatives can be said about 'performing' or 'acting' there are positives too.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Joy

GH
    Hey Graham,

I'm happy with my lineage and Sifu! Does that mean I'm full of BS? I question everything too. Sh!t, I started a thread that questioned the very efficiency of WC itself! Does that make me closed off to the WSL way?

If I ever get the opportunity to visit a PB/WSL school, I will and it will be with an open mind. But I can tell you right now, that you, Kev, and all the other PB guys, whether on this forum or elsewhere, who make snark, condescending, close-minded remarks have forever burned an image in my mind of what your lineage is all about. And just like the guy's who "over-compensate" by driving a scratch-free gigantic 4X4, you are over-compensating yourselves as well.

It's ridiculous for you to tell someone their "path" is wrong and I often wonder how many good-heartened beginners stumbled upon this forum really excited about their new WC journey and left dis-heartened. I don't think that you or Kev realize how much you're hurting not only your own lineage but, more importantly, the legacy of Wing Chun itself. And it's sad that you don't see that.

Nothing is more usual and more natural for those, who pretend to discover anything new to the world in philosophy and the sciences, than to insinuate the praises of their own systems, by decrying all those, which have been advanced before them. And indeed were they content with lamenting that ignorance, which we still lie under in the most important questions, that can come before the tribunal of human reason, there are few, who have an acquaintance with the sciences, that would not readily agree with them. ‘Tis easy for one of judgment and learning, to perceive the weak foundation even of those systems, which have obtained the greatest credit, and have carried their pretensions highest to accurate and profound reasoning. Principles taken upon trust, consequences lamely deduced from them, want of coherence in the parts, and of evidence in the whole, these are every where to be met with in the systems of the most eminent philosophers, and seem to have drawn disgrace upon philosophy itself." –

David Hume - Treatise of Human Nature
    Matt

www.youtube.com/mvbrown25

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Is that your latest question??
    just trying to get a handle on the guys here, thats all.