Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Animals of Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by mvbrown21 View Post
    Hey Graham,

I'm happy with my lineage and Sifu! Does that mean I'm full of BS? I question everything too. Sh!t, I started a thread that questioned the very efficiency of WC itself! Does that make me closed off to the WSL way?

If I ever get the opportunity to visit a PB/WSL school, I will and it will be with an open mind. But I can tell you right now, that you, Kev, and all the other PB guys, whether on this forum or elsewhere, who make snark, condescending, close-minded remarks have forever burned an image in my mind of what your lineage is all about. And just like the guy's who "over-compensate" by driving a scratch-free gigantic 4X4, you are over-compensating yourselves as well.

It's ridiculous for you to tell someone their "path" is wrong and I often wonder how many good-heartened beginners stumbled upon this forum really excited about their new WC journey and left dis-heartened. I don't think that you or Kev realize how much you're hurting not only your own lineage but, more importantly, the legacy of Wing Chun itself. And it's sad that you don't see that.

Nothing is more usual and more natural for those, who pretend to discover anything new to the world in philosophy and the sciences, than to insinuate the praises of their own systems, by decrying all those, which have been advanced before them. And indeed were they content with lamenting that ignorance, which we still lie under in the most important questions, that can come before the tribunal of human reason, there are few, who have an acquaintance with the sciences, that would not readily agree with them. ‘Tis easy for one of judgment and learning, to perceive the weak foundation even of those systems, which have obtained the greatest credit, and have carried their pretensions highest to accurate and profound reasoning. Principles taken upon trust, consequences lamely deduced from them, want of coherence in the parts, and of evidence in the whole, these are every where to be met with in the systems of the most eminent philosophers, and seem to have drawn disgrace upon philosophy itself." –

David Hume - Treatise of Human Nature
    not hurting, trying to help it....you will see one day, remember I left a direct student of YM too.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    just trying to get a handle on the guys here, thats all.

Fair enough...... so which YM student were you originalllya student under?

And what was the most obvious diff you saw between him anfd PB when you came across him

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

And what was the most obvious diff you saw between him anfd PB when you came across him
    Better still guys, you could always show a little respect and start your own "Lineage Change" thread if you have no reference to animals in your training

Well, it's a thought

"Gledhill"?? That would be Victor Kan at a guess? Man, he lost many many students...
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 05-23-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

V Kan .
    The system was taught without the elbow development and why.
    wristing sticky hands Chi Sao. No jum sao ....using tan as a block leaving the line.
    And more....once I had certain elements from PB I could see the reasons for confusion and plain gaps in a lot of others too.
    Not secrets or marketing.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-23-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Better still guys, you could always show a little respect and start your own "Lineage Change" thread if you have no reference to animals in your training

Well, it's a thought

"Gledhill"?? That would be Victor Kan at a guess? Man, he lost many many students...

Fair enough...... ill start one now

Maybe you could also start one... "Please respect my thread so i dont have to roll my eyes"

And if you dont like the change, dont comment on the changed topic

I asked it before and ill ask it again...... are you telling me no one has left PB to go to another WC lineage???
    I dunno!!! Ask him!!

G

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    I dunno!!! Ask him!!

G

Well youre waiving the PB flag!

@ Matt

If it makes any difference to you I used to feel the same as you!!!! In fact I was put off going to PB by another person within my own lineage so I did what you lot haven't done yet......I went and saw for myself!!

....and yes you are full of BS and you are annoying me as much as I am annoying you. Shame we don't live closer!!!!!

GH

Fair enough...... ill start one now

Maybe you could also start one... "Please respect my thread so i dont have to roll my eyes"

And if you dont like the change, dont comment on the changed topic
    Maybe I will continue to things that I see as needing a bit of

Obviously didn't take Roberts advice on that one either

Thanks for starting your thread. Respects where respects due
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術