Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite takedowns and throws

Blog Entries
    The "扣(Kao) - knee seize" (single leg) is the 1st move that we train. Since "running your opponent down" and "hit and run" are both important training in the Chinese wrestling, this move can be used to train both. I ususally require my guys to run at least 20 feet after taking their oponent down. This way, in street fight, they can take their opponent down and run like hell.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-17-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Inside trip from over under grips and outside trip from body lock after breaking their structure.....

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The "扣(Kao) - knee seize" (single leg) is the 1st move that we train. Since "running your opponent down" and "hit and run" are both important training in the Chinese wrestling, this move can be used to train both. I ususally require my guys to run at least 20 feet after taking their oponent down. This way, in street fight, they can take their opponent down and run like hell.
    I agree and think this is best and safest way.

Blog Entries
    If you drag your opponent down when been thrown and your opponent falls on top of you, how do you prevent your opponent from dropping his elbow on you?

It may be an illegal move in sport but sometime it's not that easy to prove whether your opponent did that on purpose or just an accident. How do you prevent this from happening to you? Any suggestion?

If you drag your opponent down when been thrown and your opponent falls on top of you, how do you prevent your opponent from dropping his elbow on you?

It may be an illegal move in sport but sometime it's not that easy to prove whether your opponent did that on purpose or just an accident. How do you prevent this from happening to you? Any suggestion?
    Don't give the opponent space.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Don't give the opponent space.
    lol true and to be honest if you are dragging someone down with you their is no space so it really becomes a mute point

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol true and to be honest if you are dragging someone down with you their is no space so it really becomes a mute point
    I can see plenty of space in this clip. At 1.00, if the guy just pretended that he couldn't hold on his opponent any more and fell down, his left fist could smash right at his opponent's throat. It was very difficult fo any judge to call whether it was an accident or he did that on purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUn8_sCRRI

I can see plenty of space in this clip. At 1.00, if the guy just pretended that he couldn't hold on his opponent any more and fell down, his left fist could smash right at his opponent's throat. It was very difficult fo any judge to call whether it was an accident or he did that on purpose.

1. It's very easy to tell the difference between a slip and a slam. Most halfway experienced refs will be able to tell.

2. Anyone stupid enough to hold the triangle attempt while being lifted in an actual fight would deserve to get smashed.

could have would have should have yeah yeah yeah

you keep changing the goaal posts you said if you drag someone down, how your talking about slamming two different things make your mind up would you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    1. It's very easy to tell the difference between a slip and a slam. Most halfway experienced refs will be able to tell.
    If he has his back turned to the ref, it may not be that easy to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    you keep changing the goaal posts you said if you drag someone down, how your talking about slamming two different things make your mind up would you
    This is why I think pull guard and jump guard are too risky.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-25-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Watch the ref move in that clip. Notice how he moves around the mat to always have a good view of both competitors. That's part of being a referee.

This is why I think pull guard and jump guard are too risky.
    to risky in comps...try telling that to marcelo garcia

"if"

dsgfsdkjhfsdkjfh

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    "if"

dsgfsdkjhfsdkjfh
    The meaning of life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Double leg and the slap down.