Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weight Gainers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Besides, omellete sammiches are the bomb/diggaty.
    typing this quickly before leaving work .....

no doubt man ... i've done a thing or two with 3-4 eggs and a frying pan.

3 eggs, spinach, tomato, and mayo on a thomas everything bagle with a large glass of milk is a liftin man's meal fo sho. the bagle alone has 13 grams of protein.

also ... i like stir fry some onions, mushrooms, and peppers and then break a couple eggs over them. i let the whites cook, but keep the yolks as liquified as i can .... good stuff.

also ... one thing that i haven't heard anyone else do .... mashed potato and onion omlette. its like a perogie, but with an egg exterior. of course you can add in your mushrooms or whatever else to the mix as well ... omlette options are endless.

but the thing is, no matter how efficient i get with prep time (presliced veggies, pan sittin out on stove ready to go, etc), sometimes i dont have the 10 or 15 mins it takes to actually cook something up. i can make sammiches the night before, but sometiems i dont have time for that either. in those instances, raw eggs are perfect.

on food poisoning with raw eggs .... on all the articles i read, the one thing that was agreed upon across the board is that the risk of samonella poisoning is extremely low. something like 1 in 30,000 eggs might have trace amounts ... and in most cases a healthy person won't even notice it. if its a concern you can always wash the shell as that's where it would be contaminated. i've personally kicked back at least a couple hundred without a problem .... many people also put them in their shakes ... and they are in a lot of dressings, sauces, and frosting that people typically eat without incident.

all of that said ... i can understand how most people dont like the idea of swollowing a couple big yellow lougies. in some ways, its as if a chicken just blew its load right down your throat. but me .... i love the chicken load.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    fair enough. admittedly, my knowledge on nutrition is severely lacking. i eat them raw simply because far better athletes than myself have been doing it for a long time, and what little reading ive done made sense to me. i can't pretend to argue the point though. ill have to do a little more reading to make sure im not wasting good eggs!
    eating raw eggs is not a good idea due to the fact that semonila may be present causing you to get very sick!!
    " not all who wander are lost "

Quote Originally Posted by dougadam View Post
    egg whites work for me
    Why just the egg white?

Anyone says "cholesterol," and I vomit.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

ttt 4 2018!

I'm dredging through the archives hoping to breath some life into this subforum.

I was underweight most of my life and wanted to build more muscle mass. I tried all sorts of protein powders, high-carb diet, etc., especially in my 20-30s when I was teaching full-time and competing. Mind you, this was before I went pescatarian, so I ate a lot of red meat. A LOT. Bacon cheeseburgers every week, with steak-cut fries and mayonnaise. I even intentionally stalked overweight diners at all-you-can-eat buffets and in supermarkets. Fro many years, I drank a Guinness a day, for the weight gain.

Now I'm pre-diabetic so few carbs and I don't really drink beer anymore. I've been pescatarian for years as part of my Buddhist vows. And I've got a qi belly that I've gotta suck in everytime I'm taking photos with these svelte martial arts masters.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have tried to gain more weight with target of 60 kg. for several years without success. So early on this year, I beefed up my bodybuilding program which includes one more training session per week (now is three). Plus eating more protein food and protein supplement like milk powder. It has worked slowly, but I am still one kilogram less than the target. One problem is the accuracy of weight scale I have been using. I do not have one at my place. What I have been using are the scales in public sport facilities.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong