Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Gainers!!

IronFist,

Sometimes ignorance is a laff, but only to the ones who know better. I'm very ignorant, though I have a similar but off-topic rant.

Saw these RCA cables, carrying audio signals from the source to the input of the PA, costing a massive AUD$4000 per pair ! Its selling point, low inductance and of course gold contacts etc.

But what they did not know, is that, since the input of the pre-amp is an extremely high impedance, the worst enemy is in fact capacitive coupling. & even more so, the audio amplifiers greatest noise factor is lack of proper grounding.

Anyways, back to topic, you and most people here are lucky, we know better. Spare a thought for those shelling out precious hard earnt money and causing themselves more bodily harm in the name of health. Lets hope they learn eh ?!

not enough carbs the body starts eating muscle for energy.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I I took the one less travelled
    And that has made all the difference

I think what he means is that carbs are needed to replenish glycogen stores after they've been exhausted due to rigorous activity. Obviously 400g of carbs is enough to allow you to kill diabetic people with just a glance though.

Re: Holy Weight Gainer, Batman!

Originally posted by IronFist
    Holy ****!!! They should rename this stuff, "Who wants to become a diabetic powder."
    Haha yeah, I thought about that myself. I like 'instant diabetic' personaly. I think your think of the weight gain 1850 and 2200. Before a new crap about nutrition I used to take that stuff I'd drink a full serving right befoe I went to bed (Thanks GNC). Let me tell, it worked. I gained 10 pounds in no time at all. It's the fatest I've ever been! Yeah weight gainer! I felt pretty crappy too. All in all I gained about 10 pounds of fat and not much muscle.
    I am nothing.

Originally posted by stuff
    not enough carbs the body starts eating muscle for energy.
    Are you serious? I always thought it was protein that was responsible for the body not eating muscle.

I assumed this is why people could maintain a high level of muscle mass while on ketogenic diets (very, very low or almost no carbs allowed), which force the body to burn fat because there's no carbs to use as energy. The bodybuilders I know who do this keep their protein intake very, very high throughout this time as well because protein prevents the body from using muscle as energy.

As a side note, for people reading this who might want to try a keto diet, don't, unless you're getting ready for a bodybuilding tournament. No carbs makes you feel like crap and even starts to mess with your brain function after a few days.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

My boxing trainer used to be an army boxer. He said that they have meals (there was an acronym that i forget for them) that are about 900 calories when they are training in the field. He said they also have ingredients that constapate you for the entire week of field training. Now, not only do you get a heartattack, your bowels explode as well.
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

Iron Fist, protein also plays a part in that role. But you are burning carbs for energy. In a Atkins type diet you wanna keep your BCAA high to spare muscle since there arent many carbs. Without the carbs plus high protein, you burn fat and keep muscle.

Lowsweep, they are called MRE's and are freakin' good, though I think they are a bit over 900 calories. Very high in sodium as well, to retain water.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I I took the one less travelled
    And that has made all the difference

Thumbs down Atkins Diet

But you are burning carbs for energy.

I understand what you're saying...

But making a weight gain powder, for the specific purpose of bulking up, without fat in it is stupid.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

You may have also noticed that a lot of these weight gain powders have a ridiculous amount of sugar in them! The last one I looked at I remember having over 100 grams of sugar in a serving... insane!!! This is actually a cheap way to bulk people up. Knowing that unused sugar gets stored as fat, and also knowing that many athletes cringe if they even hear the word fat, the manufaturers simply load this stuff with sugar instead of fat at the expense of the user's sugar/insulin system. They know that the consumers probably will gain at least some weight, with so much extra sugar in their system, and this will give their product an "edge" over other products if it somehow manages help the average joe pack on a few more pounds right after buying it. It would be much more rational to put in SOME fat (even 5 grams maybe ), and lower the insane amount of sugar in these. So many athletes are against fat, not realizing that fat actually provides the body with a great amount of reserve fuel for energy, much more than sugar or carbs. Some products, such as enlarge2, have caught on and incorperated fat, but something still needs to be done about the sugar. It makes my stomach hurt Not all, but many. Take a look next time you visit gnc or wherever.

Weight Supplement that works?

Hi guys. Long story short. Im a big fatty mcfatterton. Ok its not that bad but I do want to get into shape. I am taking Kung-Fu classes at the community center and lifting weights after class. This is done twice a week and will increase to 3 times per week after a month or two. I have also adjusted my diet and I am losing weight. But I would like to maximize my hard work with some kind of work out supplement. Can anyone recommend something? I was thinking of trying Hyrdroxycut. Thanks.

my buddy had a lot of luck with hydroxycut, but i've never used anything like that personally.

my training in the weight room aproaches masochisim more often than not, and the only sups i use are ON whey and L-glutamine. i used creatine briefly, but my kidneys started hurting on two seperate cycles of taking it.

best advice is to train hard and eat clean and often. try for 4 or 5 small meals a day, keeping in mind that a "meal" may mean an apple and a half a cup of cottage cheese.

also - raw eggs. natures perfect fast food - quick, easy, clean protein. they have no taste and it doesnt take long to get past the texture. a few raw eggs and your choice of cereal/oats = very quick and easy breakfast. i personally do up some fiberone with fresh berries and nuts.
    where's my beer?

add some cardio AFTER lifting. You burn more fat if you do cardio after lifting. Limit high GI carbs except immediately before or after your workout, exception being fresh fruits and veggies. Keep up the work, some times results take some time. Drink lots of water and tea!
    Bless you

None of the products available for weight loss work for crap because all the good ones are illegal now.

Do what I am now trying to do to get lean. Eat Vietnamese food. You ever see a fat vietnamese guy? Didnt think so.

Cut out fast/fried/processed foods. Enforce portion control. Cut out soda. Do cardio 3 times a week for no less than 30 mins, and lift for endurance, not bulk (more reps, less weight).

There's no quick solution, there's no magic potion, hidden secret, or radical overhaul needed. You are consuming more calories than you are burning. It's a long road back to where you need to be, and it'll be much slower taking it off than putting it on.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Ok do cardio after lifting weights. I will try that.

I am very aware of portion control now. I have cut out the fast food (well I do enjoy the boneless buffalo wings at chilis once a week still. And sometimes I dont have time to make a lunch and I buy my lunch. Buuuut Im ALOT better now). I make alot of my own food now. I have also cut out the sodas. When I do drink a soda it is always diet. Whats a GI carb?

Vietnamese food-lol

I never considered lifting for endurance but that would be alot smarter because I would think you could last longer in a fight no?