Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goat Restraining or Pigeon Toed Stance

Sorry, Joy, didn't mean to leave you out of my list
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

No problem Andrew.
    joy

YGKYM is a devlopmental stance for byulding some key attributes of structure. But each to his own

joy c

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    YGKYM is a devlopmental stance for byulding some key attributes of structure. But each to his own

joy c
    Shame you waste in on waddling hand chasing....

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------No shame that you have not learned how to write clearly. Write one clear paragraph every day- you can make it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------No shame that you have not learned how to write clearly. Write one clear paragraph every day- you can make it yet.
    Shame you haven't managed to stop waddling and hand chasing either, one day at a time Joy there's still time, well maybe not. may the flow be with you....may the punctuation be with me .
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-23-2011 at 09:11 PM.

In HFY we translate Yee Ge Kim Yeung Ma as "character 2 stance" where it is the short line over the longer one. We do not have the pidgeon toes like I did in Moy Yat WC, rather it is a very slight inward turn which allows the hip to connect all the way down the leg.

As for it being a fighting stance, it can be. Stance usages are range and leverage dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    In HFY we translate Yee Ge Kim Yeung Ma as "character 2 stance" where it is the short line over the longer one. We do not have the pidgeon toes like I did in Moy Yat WC, rather it is a very slight inward turn which allows the hip to connect all the way down the leg.

As for it being a fighting stance, it can be. Stance usages are range and leverage dependent.
    I take it HFY is Hung Fa Yi?

Awhile back I stumbled upon Hung Fa Yi but know nothing about it really. I got a book with Garett Gee in it. I was doing some things online dealing with William Cheung and how his system is so different from Ip Man's. It was brought up that some of it resembled Hung Fa Yi and that had been my thoughts. Someone asked if it was possible Cheung had contact with Hung Fa Yi. I have not to my knowledge seen full forms from Hung Fa Yi do you know where any may be posted?

Just found this if it's Hung Fa Yi but would be interested in seeing more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEfMl...E5713358314594

Here is the nature and raw form of goat stance

this is the idea of what SLT/SNT is about in the begining before many people evolve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxv0q...08CFB0BB5A5F4A

What do you think?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf3001 View Post
    I take it HFY is Hung Fa Yi?

Awhile back I stumbled upon Hung Fa Yi but know nothing about it really. I got a book with Garett Gee in it. I was doing some things online dealing with William Cheung and how his system is so different from Ip Man's. It was brought up that some of it resembled Hung Fa Yi and that had been my thoughts. Someone asked if it was possible Cheung had contact with Hung Fa Yi. I have not to my knowledge seen full forms from Hung Fa Yi do you know where any may be posted?

Just found this if it's Hung Fa Yi but would be interested in seeing more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEfMl...E5713358314594
    Hello wolf3001,

Yes HFY is Hung Fa Yi, sorry, acronyms come with being a programmer

That video is not Hung Fa Yi, we do not have videos available. There was some talk of an online video project to be done in 2011, but I don't know the status of it at this time.

As for TWC and HFY, Garrett Gee and William Cheung have never met. W. Cheung was a student of Yip Man, and claims to know the Leung Bik version of wing chun that Yip Man learned after Chun Wa Shun's version. Whether you believe that or not is up to you, but TWC and HFY have some pretty radical differences.

In the end it's all WC, every lineage I know of descends from Taan Sau Ng anyways.

Blog Entries
    One WC guy told me this joke (don't be too serious about this). The WC Yee Gee Kim Yeung Ma (二字箝羊馬) and Tan Sau (摊手) was invented by Yip Wing Chun to protect her ...
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-23-2011 at 09:21 PM.

I am a TWC guy who had the good fortune to meet duende on this forum, an HFY guy, in Sydney a while back.

We compared forms and partner drills ... suffice to say there is some commonality, but also a world of difference. I was convinced that if there is a common source it was well before Garrett Gee and William Cheung's time on the planet.

Lest someone read something into that that isn't there, from what I've seen I think HFY is great.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post

Shame you act like a 13 year old

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    No dig at the British, they probably invented the term. (though of course all us Aussies, Irish and Americans hate the Brits)

No idea what the Fox reference refers to.

Does the word "paranoid" mean anything you?
    Exlplains a lot

Fox reference was to posts a while back, but you must've missed the whole 'Animal' thing. And paranoid? Me?

Hmm... perhaps!

Quote Originally Posted by vajramusti View Post
    pigeon toe- yes- an English term.

Some Indians too. Much of the world is now paying for the hegemony the Brits created in South Asia(divide and conquer, Middle east (they carved much of the boundaries and started the oil theft), the Opium trade(my hometown Calcutta) is where ships were loaded with opium bound for Canton> Nota racist comment but a cultural one.
    As a boy and youth I had to sing God Save the King for that stuttering rascal while I was not allowed into the tennis clubs, swimming clubs etc. And Churchill aaargh! Enough.

joy
    Many here seem to 'say' they mean no offence, but in truth?

Nothing like people holding onto the past to feed their ignorance imho. Goes the same for the Wing Chun squabbles. I feel we all need to get past that, we are entering a new era, but it just may be impossible for some...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Hello wolf3001,

Yes HFY is Hung Fa Yi, sorry, acronyms come with being a programmer

That video is not Hung Fa Yi, we do not have videos available. There was some talk of an online video project to be done in 2011, but I don't know the status of it at this time.

As for TWC and HFY, Garrett Gee and William Cheung have never met. W. Cheung was a student of Yip Man, and claims to know the Leung Bik version of wing chun that Yip Man learned after Chun Wa Shun's version. Whether you believe that or not is up to you, but TWC and HFY have some pretty radical differences.

In the end it's all WC, every lineage I know of descends from Taan Sau Ng anyways.
    I didn't think it really was because I have found nothing else im not sure why the video came up when I typed in Hung Fa Yi. What I read almost a year ago was that Garrett Gee has claimed to have never met him or they just said he hadn't. Because I have had no contact with anyone in the system I have yet to see it's forms. I have only seen a part of the Siu Lim Tau and Chum Kiu because the photos are incomplete. but it looks somewhat similar from what I can tell I need to see video. I became interested in Hung Fa Yi mainly because it was what I discovered while looking for an older branch that came from beyond Leung Jan and followed a different line. I think thats where I began anyway it's been awhile. This is why I got the book with him in it.

I have a hard time trusting anyone within the Ip Man line it's my view that this line is where many of the political issues originated from. Ip Man never openly to my knowledge stated who was to become the head. My view is because he didn't care or there was nothing to head. I wasn't there and can't say but from what I read he wasn't even considered anything of a head of Wing Chun until he went to Hong Kong. To me it would be like my Sifu going off and teaching here or whatever and then we started calling him a Grandmaster. He is a Master and has taught many to instructor level. Ip Chun had to apologize to the grandson of Yuen Kay San I honestly didn't know much about Yuen Kay San until very recently because I didn't realize there was any connection to Ip Man. Im wondering who were the top dogs of Wing Chun during Ip Man's years before going to Hong Kong I read he was sort of a nobody.

Yuen Kay San from what I read taught Ip Man Chi Sau because he had never learned it but he did so reluctantly and asked Ip Man to not show others. Acording to what im reading Ip Man learned from various people but was under Yuen Kay San in their group. I had heard at one time after he met Leung Bik he went to Foshan and easily defeated other Wing Chun students he had knew and they were upset at what he was using like he had mixed it with something different. I just find it hard to believe that there was some major secret Wing Chun that Ip learned from Leung Bik that Yuen Kay San and others didn't know. Concidering Yuen Kay San's came from Wong Wah Bo. Anyway......