Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Clip: Chen Style power generation demos

Bawang when actually challenged can be one of the most insightful posters on this board, his knowledge is extensive…and his posts always fun to read on a boring day

it’s a fecking LARPER forum for the most part why take it seriously…….if anyone has the right to take it seriously its Bawang as it is his in heritage and culture not ours, and if he is happy making a joke here and there who are you to say he should be banned?

The other one…well how he hasn’t been banned who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Look, this guy is a troll pure and simple. He has absolutely no knowledge of kung fu or is a forum member playing stupid. In a thread in the internal forum he said that a CLF Sao Cheui and Single Whip from Taiji were similar moves....what!? This is what I mean by lowering the quality of threads. If two people with some level of knowledge are having a conversation and someone steps in and intentionally throws in ridiculous gibberish, it lowers the value of of the conversation.

BAN HIM!
    Should ban you for spamming the forum with your self-important "I'm the forum police" nonsense.

Someone posts something you disagree with and your response is that they should be banned because it doesn't conform to your banal sense of decorum or somehow violates your overly precious, delicate sensibilities?

I disagree with almost everything bawang says and he is still more informative and knowledgeable than you could ever hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Bawang when actually challenged can be one of the most insightful posters on this board, his knowledge is extensive…and his posts always fun to read on a boring day

it’s a fecking LARPER forum for the most part why take it seriously…….if anyone has the right to take it seriously its Bawang as it is his in heritage and culture not ours, and if he is happy making a joke here and there who are you to say he should be banned?

Finally you admit you're a larper!

bout time all you nancy boy "cage fighters" realized that sport is larping too.
    larping with concussions. lol

you wanna fight? pick up a gun and go swallow some sand, that's fighting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    all that aside, how did you come to the conclusion that single whip is like a sao choy?

single whip is more of a pull and a heel palm strike or a set up for a throw.

sao choy is ...well, like you said, a haymaker.
    i read some really really old books and they said its a concept of a "whipping" punch with many variations. and in some styles of northern kung fu they dont have a chambered punch, but single whip as the basic punch, and reverse single whip as the reverse punch.
    and tai chi manual said its a punch.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-31-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Should ban you for spamming the forum with your self-important "I'm the forum police" nonsense.

Someone posts something you disagree with and your response is that they should be banned because it doesn't conform to your banal sense of decorum or somehow violates your overly precious, delicate sensibilities?

I disagree with almost everything bawang says and he is still more informative and knowledgeable than you could ever hope to be.
    Actually, bawang didn't violate anything, he just posts stupid stuff that makes no sense. Apparently you can't distinguish.

EO

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

It's a forum, I can voice my opinion. I think he should be banned, don't get worked up.

EO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kJ8unUIlgM
    this style near my hometown has a lot of single whips, and almost all the variations. theres a chopping single whip, straight and reverse, "sao choi" one but strike with forearm, a grab and punch, and a punch two guys variation.

im trying to contact them and maybe learn sometime next year

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    It's a forum, I can voice my opinion. I think he should be banned, don't get worked up.

EO
    i think you should rub catnip on your penus and stand in front of a tiger
    Last edited by bawang; 05-31-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Sounds good. When people start in with their penis, I'm out anyway.
    THIS is why not only should Bawang NOT be banned, but he should be awarded the poster that has contributed the most to this forum award. (well, if we had one..)

Now we know that any time the "nothing you say has any merit unless you show ME a video" Troll arrives, all we have to do say Penus three times and click our ruby slippers together and "Poof!" he's off like a prom dress!
    Bravisimo, Bawang!!!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

i think you should rub catnip on your penus and stand in front of a tiger
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Nice Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kJ8unUIlgM
    this style near my hometown has a lot of single whips, and almost all the variations. theres a chopping single whip, straight and reverse, "sao choi" one but strike with forearm, a grab and punch, and a punch two guys variation.
    Thanks for the Clip Bawang.

Makes sense to me as Ta Ji Quan is a Northern system and after all didn't develop in isolation, and from what I hear Yang Lu Chan learnt Da Hong Quan prior to learning Tai Ji Quan.

FWIW (and from what I remember) my Yang Shi Ta Ji Quan Shifu always referred to Single Whip as a strike extending to both sides simultaneously, its an expression of a type of Fa Jin, I think some people call it "through the Back" Jin.

Dave