Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Is there a non-human on the planet doing something that requires us to protect the planet from it? Furry's don't count!
    Damn... that was my only idea.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Damn... that was my only idea.
    It's always safe to exclude the furries. Even the hot ones.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Must save teh womenz

For every hot furry, there's her ugly friend. Be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    It's refreshing to see that someone shares my opinion in this. It's something that has bothered me for a while.
    I got be honest with you, the vast majority of Christian I know, are *******s.
    That said, I find the reason for that is NOT enough Christ, not TOO MUCH Christ.
    We are all simply servants on a journey, no more, no less.
    There is only ONE master and know what he did?
    He died for US, but before that, He WASHED the feet of lowly humans.
    Think about that:
    God, the living God, embodied in his only Son, got on his knees and washed the feet of his friends.
    The significance of this is lost on far too many people.
    We get caught up on our dogmatic views and holier than though attitude that we forget that we are here to serve, not be served.
    We preach the Good News and that Good news is that God loves us, unconditionally, that his is OUR Father, Our beloved Abba and that we are his children.
    He does for us what we NEED ( not want) and gives Us all his love and we, in turn, express that love to Him and to each other, not because we have to, or because we want a reward, but because we love.
    Imagine, if you will, a world were people love and want nothing in return and love unconditionally.
    That is God's promise through His Son.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That said, I find the reason for that is NOT enough Christ, not TOO MUCH Christ.
    Think about that:
    God, the living God, embodied in his only Son, got on his knees and washed the feet of his friends.
    We get caught up on our dogmatic views and holier than though attitude that we forget that we are here to serve, not be served.
    We preach the Good News and that Good news is that God loves us, unconditionally, that his is OUR Father, Our beloved Abba and that we are his children.
    He does for us what we NEED ( not want) and gives Us all his love and we, in turn, express that love to Him and to each other, not because we have to, or because we want a reward, but because we love.
    Imagine, if you will, a world were people love and want nothing in return and love unconditionally.
    It's funny you mentioned that. I've got no real problem with people having their own personal religion, that's cool by me, even if you're all bat**** crazy, I'm used to being the sane one, it's everyone else whose crazy!

Anyway, years ago, a guy I knew, presbyterian who was way too high and mighty about how God was gonna wash the world of us heathens with a lightsaber or whatever, got on my bad side, and I told him he was full of it, and pointed out that, if he wanted to prove he had so much Jesus in his heart, he could wash another friend's feet, right then and there. This is a guy who would never, never do anything so beneath him, and of course, he had every excuse but a good one not to.

Regardless, though I am the only sane one, I'm an *******. It's the price of having such a balanced psyche.

It's funny you mentioned that. I've got no real problem with people having their own personal religion, that's cool by me, even if you're all bat**** crazy, I'm used to being the sane one, it's everyone else whose crazy!

Anyway, years ago, a guy I knew, presbyterian who was way too high and mighty about how God was gonna wash the world of us heathens with a lightsaber or whatever, got on my bad side, and I told him he was full of it, and pointed out that, if he wanted to prove he had so much Jesus in his heart, he could wash another friend's feet, right then and there. This is a guy who would never, never do anything so beneath him, and of course, he had every excuse but a good one not to.

Regardless, though I am the only sane one, I'm an *******. It's the price of having such a balanced psyche.
    The sheer awesomeness of your awesomeness is overshadowed by how awesome your awesomeness is.

The sheer awesomeness of your awesomeness is overshadowed by how awesome your awesomeness is.
    I'll have to use that as a lyric on my autobiographical musical. It's a bit better AND more topical than "Iranians' pain is caused mainly by Khomeini."

Is there a non-human on the planet doing something that requires us to protect the planet from it? Furry's don't count!
    Planet as a whole? Not really. Specific ecosystems? Yes quite a few actually. Although a number of those cases have us involved somewhere in the cause.

Ok - got back. SJ, I read what you've posted. You can say that your subjective perceptions and assertions are "not subjective either!" and "universal!" over and over but I still don't see how you can define religion as "only when people want to (pretend to be) be "ooddy-goody and wike five weer odes" is it a sign that Jesus is in charge!" or "the religions of the slaves are the only real ones because they keep people pacified!"

I can see passion and devotion to ideals, but I don't see how it fits in with history or people on the real. Christians are murderous in their assertations about pretty much everything when they all know that they can just shut up after "God is true. Jesus was the one" - but they simply hoot those honks to justify everything else they think and do, which is far from any "one perfect way".

Anyway, all I can really see by these arguments SJ is one of the stark similarities between Muslims and Christians - ravenous demand for dominance and enforced dogma.
    As if by saying that because it "makes everyone get along" it is valid and justified - and not everyone would agree with that definition per se. Some may wish it were so or that things were really that way, but if they were, there would not be a need for a religion that claimed they were. Seems like....

The source of religion still seems to be people as far as I can tell and in many cases some religions seem to be less about the divine and more about mucking (yucking...) around the mundane.
    Last edited by curenado; 05-28-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

I am an ordained minister. Have been for a while. I could have been a rabi, or even a priest if I had wanted to be. No real money in it though. I do not believe in anything religion wise. It is actually nothing more than a scam on the masses. There is no god. And if there was a Jesus, he had to have been a mad man.
    It is a very good way of reaching financial goals. I can go to any state and preach the gospel as a visiting minister. More an Evangelist. I can get paid handsomely for this service. I do not have to believe one word of what I say either, and I still get paid. I just have to make it interesting. All you need is about 10 good sermens and be sure not to do one twice in the same place. If you are loud enough and really get with it, they will really love you. It is entertainment of a sort to many. It beats working for a living, and a lot safer than mugging people for a living. They are more than happy to give you their hard earned money. I know Jimmy Swaggart personally, and look how much money he has. Or should I say, look how much money his wife has.
    Just remember, everyone that shows up at the church is a believer, so you need not feel stupid doing all that preaching. Hey, you might even toss in some hands on healing to make it look really good. The good thing about this is that it never dries up, the money is great, and you will not burn in hell for it.
    Jackie Lee

Think about that:

"we"????

speak for yourself and yours... i serve nobody but myself... there is no such thing as a purely unselfish act... anytime i do something nice, it was because i chose to do so, not coz i felt it was right or wrong... i either wanted something or i wanted to please somebody... not to say i am not nice for the sake of being nice, but make no mistake it is to make people around my happy which makes me happy... if being a good person made me feel like sh1t i wouldnt do it... anyone who denies these simple truths is lying to themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    Ok - got back. SJ, I read what you've posted. You can say that your subjective perceptions and assertions are "not subjective either!" and "universal!" over and over but I still don't see how you can define religion as "only when people want to (pretend to be) be "ooddy-goody and wike five weer odes" is it a sign that Jesus is in charge!" or "the religions of the slaves are the only real ones because they keep people pacified!"

I can see passion and devotion to ideals, but I don't see how it fits in with history or people on the real. Christians are murderous in their assertations about pretty much everything when they all know that they can just shut up after "God is true. Jesus was the one" - but they simply hoot those honks to justify everything else they think and do, which is far from any "one perfect way".

Anyway, all I can really see by these arguments SJ is one of the stark similarities between Muslims and Christians - ravenous demand for dominance and enforced dogma.
    As if by saying that because it "makes everyone get along" it is valid and justified - and not everyone would agree with that definition per se. Some may wish it were so or that things were really that way, but if they were, there would not be a need for a religion that claimed they were. Seems like....

The source of religion still seems to be people as far as I can tell and in many cases some religions seem to be less about the divine and more about mucking (yucking...) around the mundane.
    And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.