Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal martial arts: a fiction?

Internal really means mental, and external means physical!

Both are necessary for any endeavor to be practiced to a high level of skill. There is nothing wrong with practicing in your mind. It is of great benefit, however, if you cannot translate that mental training into an effective and efficient physical demonstration of ability, then you have not done much with your time and practice.

check out Yang Mian on youtube and yang mian.com, explains the "internals" pretty well n is also a no B.S style.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1981 View Post
    check out Yang Mian on youtube and yang mian.com, explains the "internals" pretty well n is also a no B.S style.

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

Internals

As far as physics is concerned, an external blow is a physical fracture or cut. A fifty caliber (.50) aircraft machine gun bullet; will kill you without contact, if it passes within two inches from your skull, without touching you, due to the concussion and/or hemorrhaging.

Hung Gar is mainly based on a skeletal-linear leverage of muscle tendon based movement. Its damage is usually concentrated on bones and the surface. The exception to this is those who have bee shown the advanced levels of 'Iron Thread' (uncommon).

Hsing-i was taught with a wave motion: that emphasized the flow cumulative flow of whole body motion that is leveraged with its unique scissor stepping.

What is now commonly taught as Xing Yi, might well not be any different than Hung Gar.

'After all these years observing martial arts I find it difficult to explain how Hung Gar is "external" and Xingyi is "internal", for example.'

A test of an internal punch is not moving the sandbag, but in focusing the blow so one does not break one's own wrist with a strong strike.

A true internal test is to hit a concrete or brick wall without breaking it or your hand. A bell ringer uses an internal concept.

As far as an internal blow is concerned, the best documented case was:
    'First Demonstration of Kuo Yu Chang in 1925, Kuo Yu Chang's iron palm abilities were witnessed by a certain Hwang Hsien Sheng. To summarize the story, a Russian circus had posted an open challenge to anyone who would dare take three kicks from one of their horses. Anyone who survived would receive $1000 in gold, a huge sum of money at that time. Kuo Yu Chang accepted the challenge under one condition; instead of money, Kuo asked to strike the horse with one slap of his palm. The Russian owners of the circus accepted his conditions. In front of a huge crowd, the horse raised his hind leg and kicked Kuo in the chest. The crowd was silent in disbelief. Kuo then gathered his strength and when the horse kicked Kuo a second time, the crowd roared. When the horse kicked Kuo a third time, the crowd gave Kuo a huge ovation. Kuo then rested for more than half an hour. When he returned, he struck the horse in the rear, and the horse fell dead. Again, the crowd cheered at this incredible feat.

The famed Eagle Claw master, Lau Fat Meng, witnessed the postmortem on the horse. He observed that there was no external wound on the horse but that inside there was a large bruise on the horse's back and some of the horse's internal organs had been badly damaged .' From: http://www.jadedragonalaska.com/iron-palm.php

An external blow would have cut the horse's body or broken its back; it did neither.

Drop a small firecracker in a swimming pool, and it the water's wave internal action will crack the pool. An external blow, would require dynamite.

Back in medieval times, most city people rarely traveled as much as twenty six mile in one direction. The curvature of the earth is not apparent unless over twenty six mile, so in Galileo's time, for most people, the world was flat.

For those uneducated, un-experienced or unskilled; there is no internal.

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

Definition

Nei means internal; Wei means external.

Breaking only the middle brick in a stack is internal

Telling a fantastic story without any objective proof of its factual accuracy, is internal!

Actually doing what is told in that fantastic story, demonstrating it is a factual story, is external!

For those who are uneducated, un-experienced or unskilled, just saying something happened means it happened!

Killing someone because a .50 cal bullet went passed his head within 2" still required a GREAT "external" force. The same thing with a firecracker in a pool. An explosion that can take off someones hand or finger is NOT a small force or an internal force it is a GREAT "external" force.

For those who are uneducated, un-experienced or unskilled, just BELIEVING something to be true, makes it true!

Foiling Fist, my posting "Cool Story Bro" was not an invitation to post your cool story, bro.

mate pretty cool pazman, why don't YOU tell us all i little story!

Quote Originally Posted by Foiling Fist View Post
    Nei means internal; Wei means external.

Breaking only the middle brick in a stack is internal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ZBI...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Foiling Fist, my posting "Cool Story Bro" was not an invitation to post your cool story, bro.
    So he isn't just a foiling fist, but a foiling story!

'First Demonstration of Kuo Yu Chang in 1925, Kuo Yu Chang's iron palm abilities were witnessed by a certain Hwang Hsien Sheng. To summarize the story, a Russian circus had posted an open challenge to anyone who would dare take three kicks from one of their horses. Anyone who survived would receive $1000 in gold, a huge sum of money at that time. Kuo Yu Chang accepted the challenge under one condition; instead of money, Kuo asked to strike the horse with one slap of his palm. The Russian owners of the circus accepted his conditions. In front of a huge crowd, the horse raised his hind leg and kicked Kuo in the chest. The crowd was silent in disbelief. Kuo then gathered his strength and when the horse kicked Kuo a second time, the crowd roared. When the horse kicked Kuo a third time, the crowd gave Kuo a huge ovation. Kuo then rested for more than half an hour. When he returned, he struck the horse in the rear, and the horse fell dead. Again, the crowd cheered at this incredible feat.

The famed Eagle Claw master, Lau Fat Meng, witnessed the postmortem on the horse. He observed that there was no external wound on the horse but that inside there was a large bruise on the horse's back and some of the horse's internal organs had been badly damaged .' From: http://www.jadedragonalaska.com/iron-palm.php
    Did you just reference yourself as a source?

According to the noted scholar wenshu, The Alaskan Jade Dragon is a rarely known form of scatological sexual deviancy involving brightly colored silk pajamas.

Source:http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...0&postcount=58

jade dragon is a slang for penus

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

As far as physics is concerned, an external blow is a physical fracture or cut. A fifty caliber (.50) aircraft machine gun bullet; will kill you without contact, if it passes within two inches from your skull, without touching you, due to the concussion and/or hemorrhaging.

Hung Gar is mainly based on a skeletal-linear leverage of muscle tendon based movement. Its damage is usually concentrated on bones and the surface. The exception to this is those who have bee shown the advanced levels of 'Iron Thread' (uncommon).

Hsing-i was taught with a wave motion: that emphasized the flow cumulative flow of whole body motion that is leveraged with its unique scissor stepping.

What is now commonly taught as Xing Yi, might well not be any different than Hung Gar.

'After all these years observing martial arts I find it difficult to explain how Hung Gar is "external" and Xingyi is "internal", for example.'

A test of an internal punch is not moving the sandbag, but in focusing the blow so one does not break one's own wrist with a strong strike.

A true internal test is to hit a concrete or brick wall without breaking it or your hand. A bell ringer uses an internal concept.

An external blow would have cut the horse's body or broken its back; it did neither.

Drop a small firecracker in a swimming pool, and it the water's wave internal action will crack the pool. An external blow, would require dynamite.

Back in medieval times, most city people rarely traveled as much as twenty six mile in one direction. The curvature of the earth is not apparent unless over twenty six mile, so in Galileo's time, for most people, the world was flat.

For those uneducated, un-experienced or unskilled; there is no internal.
    Wow, I had to put my boots on for that one cause the BS was piled so high.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Wow, I had to put my boots on for that one cause the BS was piled so high.
    I wonder if there are any wimins who wear boots in order to get something "piled high"?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I wonder if there are any wimins who wear boots in order to get something "piled high"?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !