Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: A few questions for bawang

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    iraq just defeated america with guerrilla tactics ,antique weapons, an irrational belief in a god, and sh1tloads of sociopaths and psychopaths who love killing.
    There, fixed.

thats irrelevant. american army can easily kill every single person in the city, then they cant use civilians as shields.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

there was no guerilla warfare in the xinjiang and tibet riots were there?

wink wink

That's cause China don't play.

The suppression of marginalized peasant riots in semi-autonomous regions of China is not really comparable to the US invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Are you trying to say that the US Strategy enables guerrilla tactics by not just laying waste to the entire population in the first place?

What does Iraq have to do with Max Weber?

theres a reason bin laden didnt declare war on china, even though afghanistan is next to china, and we occupy muslim territory.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-10-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    theres a reason bin laden didnt declare war on china, even though afghanistan is next to china, and we occupy muslim territory.
    Indeed.

Al-qaeda fu*king knows better.

In any other country you would have had mujahedeen flooding into Xinjiang from all over; Chechnya, Bosnia, The Levantine, North Africa. They would have been all over that like white on rice.

I don't even think they so much as denounced that state of affairs in one of their ubiquitous audio tapes.

Mujahedeen need their fingernails to fire RPGs.
    Last edited by wenshu; 06-10-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    So what does that have to do with your original point about New Age hippies?
    They too were covering all their bases.

Several thousand years of cultural beliefs is a stew of disorganized thought?
    In all cultures, yes. That's why there is no really clear or definitive human record. It's getting better though.

To your credit you do seem very familiar with disorganized thought.
    Your attempt at witticism does not go unnoticed. I would say that you should finish up the other half of the course in it though.

Dude, do you have anything at all besides your own ill informed, unsophisticated opinions to back up these assumptions?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Buddhist_Forum
    http://www.eastern-philosophy-and-me...ion-facts.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese...inese_Buddhism

I see no mention of a divine creator.
    You take things literally I see... Read through the wiki, check out the back writings as well...because it is wiki, but there is a lot of reverence of the buddha as a god. The sutras contain information in accordance with that as well.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Let's review. Your assertion:

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    No they do not. They view it and promote it as a philosophical study. Communism does not accept religion pertaining to deities in any way shape or form, buddhism included. Let's not forget that Buddhism is Indian as well and not Chinese in origin, which leaves even more reason for the authorities to not condone it as a bonafide religion but rather they segment it and redact it all into a form of philosophy.
    To back it up you just dump some links;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Buddhist_Forum
    http://www.eastern-philosophy-and-me...ion-facts.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese...inese_Buddhism
    In fact I don't think you even read the second link (sloppy citation though it otherwise may be)
    The Buddha did not ask us to pray to God. He said that he himself was not a God but an ordinary human being who had awakened to his true nature. The Buddha even left unanswered the question whether there is a God at all.
    Where exactly does it say anywhere in any of that
    a. The PRC does not consider Buddhism a religion.
    b. The Buddha is a god.

Making religion, making the state: the politics of religion in modern China By Yoshiko Ashiwa, David L. Wank

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    You take things literally I see... Read through the wiki, check out the back writings as well...because it is wiki, but there is a lot of reverence of the buddha as a god. The sutras contain information in accordance with that as well.
    Grandiose supernatural superlatives does not a god make.

You are taking those obvious metaphors literally.

While Buddhist cosmogony does allow for the existence of gods, they are still subject to the wheel of dependent origination. Buddhas and Bodhisattvas are considered above them.

The very idea of a prima causa is anathema to the core tenet of Buddhism.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prat%C4...samutp%C4%81da
    Last edited by wenshu; 06-10-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Japanese propaganda does not, necessarily, a good source on China make.

Just sayin.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

No, but frequent citations of National Chinese media, Government proclamations, and official quotes does.

Yeah that synopsis citing numerous Chinese sources on religion in China is really going overboard with the Japanese revisionist historical propaganda.

Give me a break.

Good historical research is good historical research independent of your prejudice.

Occasionally I troll

To be honest I wouldn't want to judge the book based on a few pages taken possibly out of context from the introduction one way or the other.

But when I toss out a one-liner followed by: Just sayin'

I'm usually trying to have fun with somebody.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I am, on occasion, susceptible to trolling.

stank you smelly much

Here is some Japanese propaganda for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igC4bPDp6cU

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.