Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

Ironic application

just post a video!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifere View Post
    It's not just conditioning. Iron Palm is a skill. Being able to send precise amounts of force through an object is more than just conditioning. Furthermore, while I haven't delved into the realm of Qi, there are many feats and a history to substantiate more than what you discredit. Therefore, it's not impossible nor unlikely that these techniques use more than just the body and the conditioning of it, and that goes for outside of Iron Palm as well.

it is a skill that has been slowly dying out over the years as you have to spend some serious time doing the corrrect training.

I train this skill daily and it eats at your time.

Luckily my wife does not mind as long as I get in some quality time with her.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

The conditioning is secondary. I used to think that all you did was conditioned the hand but after learning it, there is some conditioning happening but not as much as you would think. It more of a exercise of power development and application. My hand has some conditioning but is still as sensitive to touch as before.

Attention Kemo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    As you say it is just conditioning, but what are your methods and understanding of this practice??As you have already stated you believe in Qi , but what is your understanding of the concept of Qi and how does it play into your methods of Kung Fu and Iron Palm??

Please be specific.
    I WOULD LIKE THESE QUESTIONS ANSWERED, PLEASE.

Imho

The conditioning is how you achieve it , the skill is in how you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    The conditioning is how you achieve it , the skill is in how you use it.
    Conditioning looks like elephant man, The skill is what you learn and how you use it is a result of what you learned. (profound symantics)

A brief history it touches on why conditioning and elephant hand man are not perfered

"Iron Palm

To my knowledge, there really aren't any reliable records that can tell us exactly when this type of training began.

I have been told that it started in a very crude way, over one thousand years ago. Like all of the ancient forms of martial arts, it progressed along with everything else.

In the beginning it was just being able to condition the hand in order to make it a more formidable weapon. Similar to Karate's striking Makewara posts.
    At some time, with the help of Taoist monks, herbal medicines were developed to protect and condition the hand during training. The hand became callused, disfigured, and was easily identified by one's opponent, putting him at a disadvantage.

There have been many fairy tales as to the early capabilities of this training, but it mostly depended on the individual's own strength. In its adolescence, due to the fact that only military were taught martial arts, a tremendous amount of soldiers were trained and practiced at the same time.

Eventually, it was discovered that the soldiers were relying on the hand training and losing the techniques and skills that the martial arts supplied. Therefore, they were being defeated in hand-to-hand combat. Thus, Iron Palm was dropped from the required training for all the military.

It was not forgotten, but was refined by but a few until we have what has been taught for at least 150 years. Disfiguring the hand became unknown and was not detectable any longer."

The physical changes in the bone density can be described in comparison to what happens to the bones in the feet of a bare foot distance runner compared to one that runs with the correct shoes.
    That is the anatomical change that happens to the bones.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

iron Bones

The bone strengthening benefits of exercise are site-specific. Only the specific areas where muscles tug at bones or where weight-bearing impact is applied will get stronger. In sports where one limb is used more than the other, the weight-loaded extremity has a higher bone density than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Martin View Post
    The bone strengthening benefits of exercise are site-specific. Only the specific areas where muscles tug at bones or where weight-bearing impact is applied will get stronger. In sports where one limb is used more than the other, the weight-loaded extremity has a higher bone density than the other.
    This is true, but with proper training no athlete should be oneside dominate or have a weakside.This would mean an imbalance within the kinetic chain,which means improper structural alignment, improper muscles firing,lack of neuromuscular efficiency, etc.

So are you going to explain your routine and tell us how qi plays into it, or any of the other questions you are being asked but seem to avoid??

And rain is wet.
    Your point?

This is an effort in futility.

People that do the same thing over and over and expect different results are insane.

This thread should be locked; Kemo is a troll.

Other than Crotcho, there is some good stuff here and maybe more will be added, don't know if locking is the best thing.
    Its pretty clear that Crotcho is trolling probably gotta harlot slapped and needs to take it out on all the IP guys out there.

Iron ruffle

Remember it is only my opinion!

Remember it is only my opinion!
    Its actually far less than that.