Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

Smile iron palm

hi all i was just wondering if anyone here trained in iron palm and if so what sort of conditioning regime they use? i was thinking of maybe starting trainiing so if u can give me an idea of what equipment i will need and what training to do i would be greatfull thanks.http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...lies/smile.gif

Iron palm discussion

Any people out there practice I.p? If so what equipment do you use in terms of striking medium technique stad etc?

I use this for a stand, 2 cement blocks on end with 2x8x16 cement block across. I first started with a canvas bag with sand. Then I bought a bean bag. Now I have a homemade bag with steel balls that I got from a shotgun reloading website. They are approx 5mm.

Dit da Jow goes without saying. I get from Dale Dugas or Josh at Plum Dragon herbs.

I'm surprised with the block across it doesn't break. I get jow from dale. I'm about 4 months in at a gravel bag now.

a mopar man!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I use the same stand set up as ride57.

I use the typical 10" octagon shaped canvas bag. I filled it with BBs from Wal-Mart. I also have a smaller square bag filled with BBs for tossing and catching.Soon I want to get a wall bag to fill with BBs and strike.

I purchase my herbs from Josh at Plum Dragon or Mike Biggie and make my own hit wine.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 08-08-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    I also have a smaller square bag filled with BBs for tossing and catching.
    IMO, 23 lb should be the maximum and 16 lb should be the average. How heavy is your tossing bag?

I have cinder blocks stacked crossways like jenga blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    I have cinder blocks stacked crossways like jenga blocks
    This is the setup I use too.

I use the gravel bag from Wing Lam at the moment. I need to upgrade to the steel shot, but i'm a broke ass and can't afford it right now. I use Dale's jow. His stuff is amazing.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    This is the setup I use too.

I use the gravel bag from Wing Lam at the moment. I need to upgrade to the steel shot, but i'm a broke ass and can't afford it right now. I use Dale's jow. His stuff is amazing.
    You could try filling a bag with these, not sure if this will fill one though a lot cheaper and I believe it's not coated. I also am on the gravel bag from wle. The steel shot is a huge jump in price though. Not worth it imo and then just get a bag from dale or another site.

http://www.amazon.com/275-pack-Steel...2F8+steel+shot

Hey guys, just wondering should I incorporate iron fist training or would iron palm be good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ride57 View Post
    I use this for a stand, 2 cement blocks on end with 2x8x16 cement block across. I first started with a canvas bag with sand. Then I bought a bean bag. Now I have a homemade bag with steel balls that I got from a shotgun reloading website. They are approx 5mm.

Dit da Jow goes without saying. I get from Dale Dugas or Josh at Plum Dragon herbs.

I see your body hitting bag, what level are you? And what are the bats for?

Dale if you're reading i've read somehow mung beans are good to use as a beginning iron skills filler as it is good for the skin or something. Do you know anything about this?

And ride what's the black bag filled with? Just wondering.

Mung Beans are traditionally touted as being good for cooling heat. But this is when you ingest them.

Traditional training with medium not covered in bags but in pans/barrels/woks can be detrimental to your health. Breathing in any form of dust over a period of time is bad news for your lungs.

Bag your mediums and you will NEVER have an issue.

Anyone who tells you Mung Beans ONLY, or your not training the REAL iron palm is just plain silly.

I have used soy beans, kidney beans, chick peas, tapioca pearls, etc though I use these for finger and claw training.

My bags are full of metal shot from day one, as this is how I learned from Shifu Gene Chicoine.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.