Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

I was under the impression that np did a little musical breaking himself
    as well as popping and locking...

that sounds like good martial arts to me...

dam.n skippy

Funny one was a demo on TV, where it was all theatrical, some slow intro music while the guy got in the zone.. then the beat dropped to this horrible tech house song and he screamed to the beat as he went and broke a bunch of stuff...

He couldn't hold a candle to my poppin' though
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

wow,
    ok just read that article, thanks.
    that pretty much answers my question.
    especially the closing paragraphs.

Originally posted by Popeye's dad
    In China there are lots of qi demonstration competitions. The US only cares about kickboxing and wrestling
    because right to down to chi as intellectually understandable concept, the west in almost entirely in the dark...generally speaking..they don't even know what chi is, let alone how to use it, let alone include it in gen. comps

sad but true..in the west, if you're talking chi, unless you're a tcm practioner ...bring on the psyche drugs because you're off your head...

I was ooking at some mma/ufc rules a while back, and they restrict certain stike zones, but totally leave open some very serios qi interuption through either air or blood deprivation ( ie: dim mak points) ???? WTF???

welcome to ma in the west

Originally posted by blooming lotus

because right to down to chi as intellectually understandable concept, the west in almost entirely in the dark...generally speaking..they don't even know what chi is, let alone how to use it, let alone include it in gen. comps

Is this your own special version of English? Genius English or something?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Cool Idea

I would love to fight on an island ring.

Originally posted by blooming lotus

I was ooking at some mma/ufc rules a while back, and they restrict certain stike zones, but totally leave open some very serios qi interuption through either air or blood deprivation ( ie: dim mak points) ???? WTF???
    Yup, and no ones died from qi interuption during the past 50 or so years they have been doing Vale Tudo comps.

that's because you can't accidentally manipulate it, wd, everybody knows that.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I would love to fight on an island ring.

That is a cool lai tei isn't it...
    practice wu de

Thanks guys

Thanks norther practitioner for the plugs (but ya missed this one )

Thanks Serpent for adding another quote of mine to your signature (at least for now).

Actually, there are 'breaking' divisions within open tournaments. These areen't 'iron palm' specifically, but breaking is a big part of karate/tkd, so you do see it more in those circles.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Originally posted by Water Dragon

Yup, and no ones died from qi interuption during the past 50 or so years they have been doing Vale Tudo comps.
    mm hmm...because if you had any idea what you were talking about that would really make half an ounce of sense

Iron Palm

Hey, Im just looking for a good link to an iron palm system.

Nothing fancy, just something I can copy paste and print out to give to a friend, for easy reference.

If anyone knows of a good link or two, thanks in advance.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Stay away from Jim Lacy or Brian Gray. Neither has anything you want. Try Steve Hamp at http://www.noweightsworkout.com he is going to be releasing his iron palm material in the near future.

Dale Dugas
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

dale
    you said stay away from Brian Grey?????????????????? why would you say this? h have you ever seen his skill ? I am dear frineds with one of his top students john Newberry one of the U.S's premire iron plam breakers
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."