Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

Quote Originally Posted by Piercinghammer View Post
    No, it does not need to bigger than the hand, a smaller size would be fine.
    the size of bag I use has alot to do with the way the shot packs down after
    it has been struck several times and a larger size bag is just easier to train on.
    I have in the past used smaller bags, I just prefer this larger size.
    I've been using a 15x15 bag that holds 75 lbs. Mike if your ever have a need for smaller "travel bags" and even a little bigger bag Akron Awning make like 6 sizes of lined and unlined bags always in stock and cheap.

Akronviper:

Thanks for that tip, You might find this interesting, the bag that I posted a picture of, was a gift years ago from a long time Ho Chun student who had left the school. I won't mention his name but you probably know of him.

The bag has meaning to me because he gave it to me and we have become such good friends over the years.

Mike Biggie
    Last edited by Piercinghammer; 11-09-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Martin View Post
    Iron King

I like this better
    Who is your teacher?

NJM:
    i'm not sure if you are speaking to me or not.

Here is a picture of a batch of Iron palm medicine, this formula was avalable
    in the 80's. it was a favorite among the iron palm practioners here in the Akron
    Ohio area. It is in my opinion very good, so I still make it for people.
    just thought I would throw this out there.

thanks
    Mike Biggie

here is a pic of some things that I have found in other Iron palm formulas over the years. everything except the gecko's and sea horses. I just like posting photo's

Mike

Talking

Hey I like those pangolin scales.....
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon View Post
    Mortifere,

You wouldnt happen to be at Ft Gordon, would you?
    Im not sure where you are but there is a fairly extensive selection of good martial arts in Atlanta and surrounding areas (although if youre at Ft Gordon you may be out of luck); you can practically take your pick of styles, gyms, etc; most of which will offer iron palm or similar regimen at some point in the training program. If you let us know where you are exactly, it may be easier to determine your best action.

Maybe the miltary has changed lots since I got out (whoa, 4 years ago now!), but Article 15 isnt usually given out for first offense unless the circumstances are serious (sunburn and accidental injury not among them). Please dont misunderstand, Im with everyone else here, training should not be undertaken lightly, but I dont believe that "motivation" a la military display of power is terribly constructive...

I'm not in Ft. Gordon. Im in Warner Robins. And yes, nowadays, you can get an article 15 for a sunburn and the like. I know cause I almost got one when initially arriving to the base after two weeks of being home. But I don't plan on being excessive with iron palm to where I would break my hand or injure myself.

Hah, that sounds familiar!! =)
    I think they did that to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Martin View Post
    common sense

here is some breaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZozmX6Pck

do you think he trains the "Iron Palm"????
    Actually, he does. In the karate background

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifere View Post
    I think they did that to me
    Be at the 1SG's office at 1700...

*menacing silence*
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Nice pictures Mike...thats some "bling bling" fo sho!

I'm not in Ft. Gordon. Im in Warner Robins. And yes, nowadays, you can get an article 15 for a sunburn and the like. I know cause I almost got one when initially arriving to the base after two weeks of being home. But I don't plan on being excessive with iron palm to where I would break my hand or injure myself.
    Interesting how things change...I guess Im glad Im not still in the military, I *love* the sun. =)

Warner Robins, thats not really close to anything, and just far enough away to be annoying, huh?
    A friend of mine runs a top-notch MMA gym in Macon if you decide to go that route. If so, let me know and I will pass on the contact info to you. Ill keep my eyes open for you but if you are really set on iron palm training, you might have to make your way towards Atlanta, in which case your options drastically increase.

One of the worst things to hear.

Anyways, this thread has become a flame war and has derailed off the main subject, which is valuable information on IP training from different backgrounds.

Even so, whether he's trolling or not, disbelief doesn't compare to real results. If he says all the training is bull and you say it's not, it's not a matter of your word against his, it's a matter of your skill and accomplishments against his. Me being new to all of this, I would more likely take advice from someone with something to show, no offense. Furthermore, if these guys have been training the way they do and are as healthy as a horse, and could kill one with a simple strike, then I don't see the issue here. There are going to be variations in training and applications. The only right one is the one you feel is right for you, as long as it yields results of course. It doesnt matter how you get there, as long as you get there, and you're happy with all of it.

So, back to the topic at hand. Sorry I haven't been on. Some of you know how the military is. Exercises and all the redtape.

I believe I read somewhere that external IP is more for breaking through versus internal IP is more for selective breaking. Internal IP is supposed to be a step up from external because it is more usefull in combat because you can selectively injure organs or even the heart. The most you would get from external in a combat scenario, I would imagine, is the ability to break bones. Which is useful enough, if you're not fighting someone who's also had training and conditioning. And of course, all of this is all just my speculation, I have no data to back up or anything, just my own thoughts. Let's say you get an opening to strike the ribs . . of a very built guy. It would probably be very hard to break his ribs through all the muscle. But I suppose the advantage of internal IP is that you can bypass that by sending the force of the strike through the mass and to the point of impact that you choose. That's what I gathered anyways. Any comments on this?

Nice pictures Mike...thats some "bling bling" fo sho!

Interesting how things change...I guess Im glad Im not still in the military, I *love* the sun. =)

Warner Robins, thats not really close to anything, and just far enough away to be annoying, huh?
    A friend of mine runs a top-notch MMA gym in Macon if you decide to go that route. If so, let me know and I will pass on the contact info to you. Ill keep my eyes open for you but if you are really set on iron palm training, you might have to make your way towards Atlanta, in which case your options drastically increase.
    I'm not so much into MMA at the moment, however I'd like to use many different aspects of the arts. But the whole atmosphere is completely different from my setting and I just wouldn't feel in place. But thank you for the option. I may take it up one day. but yeah, Warner Robins is not ideal for anything. Sigh, I wish I could have gotten what I wanted. I hate my life being volentold by the military. I'll probably use my time getting in shape and learning what I can here until I get out.

One of the worst things to hear.

Anyways, this thread has become a flame war and has derailed off the main subject, which is valuable information on IP training from different backgrounds.

Even so, whether he's trolling or not, disbelief doesn't compare to real results. If he says all the training is bull and you say it's not, it's not a matter of your word against his, it's a matter of your skill and accomplishments against his. Me being new to all of this, I would more likely take advice from someone with something to show, no offense. Furthermore, if these guys have been training the way they do and are as healthy as a horse, and could kill one with a simple strike, then I don't see the issue here. There are going to be variations in training and applications. The only right one is the one you feel is right for you, as long as it yields results of course. It doesnt matter how you get there, as long as you get there, and you're happy with all of it.

So, back to the topic at hand. Sorry I haven't been on. Some of you know how the military is. Exercises and all the redtape.

I believe I read somewhere that external IP is more for breaking through versus internal IP is more for selective breaking. Internal IP is supposed to be a step up from external because it is more usefull in combat because you can selectively injure organs or even the heart. The most you would get from external in a combat scenario, I would imagine, is the ability to break bones. Which is useful enough, if you're not fighting someone who's also had training and conditioning. And of course, all of this is all just my speculation, I have no data to back up or anything, just my own thoughts. Let's say you get an opening to strike the ribs . . of a very built guy. It would probably be very hard to break his ribs through all the muscle. But I suppose the advantage of internal IP is that you can bypass that by sending the force of the strike through the mass and to the point of impact that you choose. That's what I gathered anyways. Any comments on this?
    If you have taken your training and done with it what you need to do, you would not have a problem with penetrating into anyone or anything.

Of course you have to train it daily and then start to learn how to use it in a more upright combat mode of movement rather than coming down and striking people on the horizontal plane.

Also I dont care about openings. I make them by striking what is in front of me and then bridging in and hit them more until they fall or they are out.

As you said, being a mouthboxer means nothing. You need to back up your claims and there are many of us who do.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Take a look at these breaks. This will show you the power one can generate through Iron Palm trainning. He is not a large man I would guess 5'8" 150 lbs so he is not muscling through the blocks.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search