Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    no problem man

i'd come down and see what ur about in second if i lived in boston
    well unless ur talking about boston yorkshire and not boston massacheusetts
    in which case i will definately come down and see you

still tho the question
    could you use it on the spot in a fight without preparing for a while first ?

do you teach it seperately ? or as part of a system like bagua ?
    because i have no interest in learning that

more in incorporating it into my mma game

thankyou

fred
    I have submitted an article to Gene Ching recently entitled: Iron Palm Old School training for MMA.

Have to wait and see if and when it comes out....

I would gladly come over and teach a seminar across the pond. Who knows. I might get over there sometime soon.

Be well.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Iron wristdrop

Lead affects the peripheral and central nervous system. The most common sign of peripheral neuropathy due to chronic lead poisoning is painless wristdrop (weakness of the extensor muscles of hand) which usually develops after many weeks of exposure.

does- full metal jacket mean anything

? I would bet, lead shot is not the best for hunting either, huh"

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Martin View Post
    lead poisoning

pretty easy to understand

why its so dangerous

especially when there are better ways

Right,

better ways to do something that you have no clue about.

Maybe you should have direct experience rather than talk out your backside.

Kemo, you are nothing but a mouthboxer. and mouthboxers are cowards
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Kemo is full of crap, we know that because of the routine he posted.

AkronViper

The medicine should have several things it does, 1# is to medicate the hand
    and help keep the swelling down, this is best done if the medicine is very warm to
    hot and the hand is soaked in it for 5 min or so before training. Soaking the hand in the warm herbal mixture allows the pores to open up and the herbal compounds to pass through the skin into the layers of tissue below. #2 if the formula is a true Iron palm formula it will be rich with resins and gums. These
    will make the formula slightly sticky, as the medicine dries the gums will have coated the hand. when you start to hit the iron palm bag you will pound the
    resins into the pores of the skin and they will seal the hand from the metal.

This type of training goes far back in shaolin history, and shows up in many old manuscripts where, say a practioner would use a lead mallet on his body to
    condition soft places on his torso and the would coat the instrument with myrrh gum and other herbs to seal the lead off from the body. Lead was the preferd
    metal because of its dense nature and its deat hit. many of us like to use a
    large strand of copper cable these days, I'm sure you are familar with this to
    condition parts of your arms

#3 is that a really good iron palm formula will when smelled have an effect on the body. It will have the effect of calming the mind and causing the... I hate to use these words... causing the chi to move. One of the things you would notice
    is your saliva glands start to produce. The back of your mouth will feel tight, like you would like to bite down on something.

During the very slow deliberate training the odor of the medicine and the qigong will become associated subcontously with one another. As training time passes
    much of the qigong training can be triggerd by the odor of the herbs and bring
    your body and nervous system the the ready point for more training. A kind of
    in the zone thing.
    Remember the mind controlls the qi, the herbs only help make the jump to the next level of training.

This type of training is not for everybody, its very time intinsive and meticulous
    "Zen" would be a good word to decribe it.

Your probably right Kemo... people should beat a sandbag and use Bengay.
    this is far too much for people... I think we should let the old authentic methods
    die off.

please forgive any misspellings... I don't feel like going back over this.

Mike Biggie
    7 Star praying mantis
    Hung sing Choy li fut
    Last edited by Piercinghammer; 11-07-2007 at 06:27 PM.

does- full metal jacket mean anything
    Full metal jacket refers to a fully loaded M-16 magazine....

If you have ever broken a block there is some stinging, if you put a towel over the block and break it the sting is less. You never said any thing about a towel I did, referring that your program is as usefull as a towel.

Water mains have lead joints, some people have lead water services to their house, some people have lead in their copper joints in their houses. why havent they died and they ingest it not hit it in a sealed bag.

Stop googling and alow a good topic continue. You have Dale and Mike Biggie offering good info on a good topic sit back and taken in the message of some knowledgeable people

Come on man your just flaming to flame now.

Stupid Iron

well, you can go on and keep working that super breaking technique (IRON PALM)
    with your "internal" power (poisoning)
    and use your secret medicine that will prevent lead poisoning (because its sticky)
    so you can break 2 slabs of concrete (with a towelette)
    while standing still , after meditating to move your medicine driven chi
    and act as if its some secret training

you would think...... if you knew better.......... then it would.... just..... be... stupid!

to me that is thE sad misconception of training from ignorance

moving the chi K.R.A.P. always cracks me up!

and I never said don't use herbs, the're great, some better than others.
    just that it's not required

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I understand, though in some schools a little give is prefered, but 100lbs of lead shot?
    I mean, wouldn't that depend on the size of the bag?

It only needs to be bigger than your hand, not your car
    Dude... lead's, like, y'know, heavy...

100lb of it would pack down into a bag about the size of a hefty textbook[1]. Not that I have the first clue about this type of conditioning, but wouldn't that be about the right size for a punching target?

[1]Mass density of pure lead is 11,340kg per cubic metre, according to the Internet. 100lb of it, then, takes up just short of 4,000 cubic cm. Figure spheres to pack down so, say, 25% of total volume is empty space, 100lb of lead shot takes up 5,000 cubic cm. That gives you a box 25cm long, 20cm wide and 10cm thick.
    Last edited by I-K; 11-07-2007 at 07:34 PM.

here is my e-mail, if anyone would like to see a couple of pics of what I'm explaining e- mail me and I will send the pics to you. I don't think there is a way to link them to my posts... is there?

MantisBxr@aol.com

Mike Biggie

Iron link

Do you realize how that lead enters the body?

Iron exposure

let me take a wild guess

Exposure ?

duh..........

Iron Arm

Oh I found a video IRON ARM
    Iron Arm training

do you use lead also
    along with moving the chi

what about iron shirt..........

looks like conditioning 101

hahahahahahahahahahahaahah

Iron training

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifere View Post
    I know there is another thread on this but I wanted a new thread.

I'm wanting to train with iron palm, but in my area there are no instructors that I know of that can teach that. Therefore, I must resort to videos and handbooks. Ive done some research but I figured Id hit some forums to find out from other people like myself.

First off, what are some recommended kits? So far ive been looking at Wing Lam's kit and Richard Meir's kit, both of which are around the 100 dollar area. I couldn't find reviews, testimonials, or any other credibility that will assure safe and authentic training. With something like iron palm, I don't want to risk damaging my hands, so Im doing extensive research to not only get the safest training, but getting my money's worth.

Any suggestions on kits or overall iron palm training is appreciated. Thank you.
    this might help

iron palm 101

let me take a wild guess

Exposure ?

duh..........

What type of exposure, Martin? I want you to specify. Inhaling it? Absorbing it through to pores? consuming it?

Where do those stats come from?