Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

Unhappy Iron orbit

exposure:

.............the condition of being subject to some effect or influence.........

stats
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Martin View Post
    lead poisoning

pretty easy to understand

why its so dangerous

especially when there are better ways
    try clicking the link lead poisoning then READ

fact sheet
    Last edited by Kemo Martin; 11-07-2007 at 09:35 PM.

exposure:

.............the condition of being subject to some effect or influence.........

stats

try clicking the link lead poisoning then READ

fact sheet
    I want you to tell me now, in this thread, that their method causes lead poisoning and I want to know the specifics. I know you have no idea how lead poisoning works in regard to pores.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumDragon View Post
    The scariest part of Article 15 is perhaps on the administrative side. Generally, there are 3 or 4 types of "punishment" that precede Article 15 territory--its more than the obligatory slap on the wrist. Multiple Article 15s can lead to things like jail time, cuts in pay/grade, and dishonorable discharge.
    Anything and everything before UCMJ is "corrective training", such as ridiculous amounts of pushups, pullups off the side of the building, etc. And a single AR 15 can cause grade loss, pay forfeiture, and be the only required stepping stone for a Chapter. I know this because we have it going on right now in our unit, and I don't think the guy is going to be staying in. Also had an incident a few years back where a guy was tossed out over a single incident.

You aren't so much wrong, PlumDragon, but that is a bit of a broad generalization. I am a Staff monster, so I see a bigger picture than what you might have.

Point it, as you all can see, it varies wildly from unit to unit. PlumDragon's unit might have had different standards for pushing a Chapter, whereas my unit will destroy you if you do something bad enough.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Iron Skin

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I want you to tell me now, in this thread, that their method causes lead poisoning and I want to know the specifics. I know you have no idea how lead poisoning works in regard to pores.

Dermal exposure plays a role for exposure to organic lead among workers, but is not considered a significant pathway for the general population.

* Organic lead may be absorbed directly through the skin.
    * Organic lead (tetramethyllead) is more likely to be absorbed through the skin than inorganic lead.
    * Dermal exposure is most likely among people who work with lead.

Dermal absorption of inorganic lead compounds is generally quite low. One study reported increased levels in saliva and sweat following dermal exposure to inorganic lead, although blood or urine levels remained unchanged. It was postulated that the inorganic lead absorbed through the skin was transported in plasma and rapidly concentrated in sweat and saliva, without significant uptake by erythrocytes

The route of absorption has little effect on the distribution of lead
    Last edited by Kemo Martin; 11-08-2007 at 05:36 AM.

I think Kemo keeps missing the part of the LINED bag.

Dude, you are so off base, just stop, you have expressed your view and opinion, now all that is left is you showing the proof of the way YOU train, do you have any?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

First off, I know nothing about iron palm, so I won't even touch the intricacies of it.

However, with the dangers of lead poisoning, lined (rippable) bags aside, wouldn't it make more sense to find a similar substance to use that won't decimate your bloddstream and pretty much ruin you? I mean, you can tout the safety of the bag all you like, but it just makes more sense to use something less toxic...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Iron proof

I suppose you think...

Iron Palm training is dangerous because........

you hit the bean bag full force..............
    and that will cause nerve damages.........

and

the liner in you bag will protect you........
    hahahaahahahaha ahahahahahahah

who cares the breaking proof......

I am trying to explain why a person should NOT practice the "Old Way"
    it's just stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    First off, I know nothing about iron palm, so I won't even touch the intricacies of it.

However, with the dangers of lead poisoning, lined (rippable) bags aside, wouldn't it make more sense to find a similar substance to use that won't decimate your bloddstream and pretty much ruin you? I mean, you can tout the safety of the bag all you like, but it just makes more sense to use something less toxic...
    Thank You !

First off, there are reasons for lead as mentioned, second, the bags are HEAVY lined with PVC, also the bag can't rip as there are no "ripping force" applied to it.

No one wants to be poisoned, do you think when one takes up a prpgram ( any program) you don't think it through?
    Of course you do, I know I did.

That said, steel BB"s can be used and are used by some that have concerns about lead.
    I work in the steel industry and I investigated the procedure and safety of it very, very throughly and was satisfied, if I wasn't I would use steel, its just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    First off, there are reasons for lead as mentioned, second, the bags are HEAVY lined with PVC, also the bag can't rip as there are no "ripping force" applied to it.

No one wants to be poisoned, do you think when one takes up a prpgram ( any program) you don't think it through?
    Of course you do, I know I did.

That said, steel BB"s can be used and are used by some that have concerns about lead.
    I work in the steel industry and I investigated the procedure and safety of it very, very throughly and was satisfied, if I wasn't I would use steel, its just that simple.

I'm just saying that for the longest time, people didn't even know lead was harmful. I'm not the one doing it, and I'm already occupied with an art, so I don't see myself taking it up anytime soon. It was just a little hip-pocket observation I made. If it's safe, then that's great.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I'm just saying that for the longest time, people didn't even know lead was harmful. I'm not the one doing it, and I'm already occupied with an art, so I don't see myself taking it up anytime soon. It was just a little hip-pocket observation I made. If it's safe, then that's great.
    I share you concern that is why I made sure HOW it was gonna be done was safe, if I had any issues I would have used steel which is an acceptable subsitutute.

Iron sight

when the blind lead the blind......
    they both fall in the ditch............

when the blind lead the blind......
    they both fall in the ditch............

Your troll -fu needs work, maybe lack of chi ?

here is something to get you chi moving !

Iron secret

hahahahahah........
    Iron pole training

excellent way to get the CHI moving
    but, you must still use protection!

Protection:

Kemo is nothing but a mouthboxer.

he does not train in any system nor has any skill other than snivelling fu.

It is obvious he does not train Iron Palm but came on here to detract from the thread and to try and discredit me.

Attached is a photo of my bag that I have been using for over 5 years.

It is full of #9 lead shot and I have been tapping it everday.

I have never had any issues with lead poisoning and will not due to what is involved.

Anyone interested in learning a real Iron Palm program as well as the Iron Vest are invited to come to NJ this weekend and learn. Click on the link below for more information http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php

Also feel free to stop by Kemo as I would love to demo how iron palm carries over into combat striking. I invite you to come learn something real rather than the deluded poop you have been spouting since you came here.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.