Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

Iron Palm

Quote Originally Posted by Know Stile View Post
    Has anyone ever used their "Iron Palms" on another person and if so did it cause the internal damage it has been reputed for?
    I have hit people with it (with control) and they have told me that some type of sensation was bouncing around inside their body. Also it feels like a vibrating shock at first, then it travels thru the body and down to the floor. When it hits the ground it comes back up to the point where it started. If there is no place for it to escape (ie.. Lose or joint), it implodes at that spot. I never have hit anyone with enough power to hurt them but, the feeling they urges them to start the iron palm process

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    many thanks brother for the kind words.

The ladies seem to like my well developed calves.....

I think I made Gene jealous and covetous of a set as grand...
    Ha, he was just eyeing your kilt up for the ease of the crotch kick calculations! Luckily he gave up, cos the target was too small.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    I have hit people with it (with control) and they have told me that some type of sensation was bouncing around inside their body. Also it feels like a vibrating shock at first, then it travels thru the body and down to the floor. When it hits the ground it comes back up to the point where it started. If there is no place for it to escape (ie.. Lose or joint), it implodes at that spot. I never have hit anyone with enough power to hurt them but, the feeling they urges them to start the iron palm process

ginosifu
    LOL, funny, just like when I hit someone with a good boxing punch: some type of sensation bounces around their body. It feels like a vibrating shock at first but then their body travels through the air and down to the floor. When it hits the ground, they nearly come back up to the place where they started. There's no place for them to escape and they implode on the spot... the really funny thing is: they can't tell me how the **** it felt afterwards!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

why do people say iron palm on youtube but then they cover the area of the break with a towel??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy7IkL44Yrc
    like that for example??
    i mean you soppose to train your hand so it doesnt hurt??(something like that)
    and if you train your hand to not hurt, why do they need a towel?
    i see this everywhere....
    makes no sense.....

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Dale D.....the sand bag that I was told to use is only in the begining. As you progress i was told to go from sand to bb's to small gravel to larger gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    Dale D.....the sand bag that I was told to use is only in the begining. As you progress i was told to go from sand to bb's to small gravel to larger gravel.
    Usually you would go from Sand to gravel to metal shot. Metal Shot are harder than gravel and will not break like some gravel can.

Thanks for sharing.

Be well, train hard

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Iron Palm

I know there is another thread on this but I wanted a new thread.

I'm wanting to train with iron palm, but in my area there are no instructors that I know of that can teach that. Therefore, I must resort to videos and handbooks. Ive done some research but I figured Id hit some forums to find out from other people like myself.

First off, what are some recommended kits? So far ive been looking at Wing Lam's kit and Richard Meir's kit, both of which are around the 100 dollar area. I couldn't find reviews, testimonials, or any other credibility that will assure safe and authentic training. With something like iron palm, I don't want to risk damaging my hands, so Im doing extensive research to not only get the safest training, but getting my money's worth.

Any suggestions on kits or overall iron palm training is appreciated. Thank you.

Wing Lam's kit is a good one. I have the gravel and mung bean bags.

Before starting iron palm training, know this:

DO NOT PROGRESS TOO FAST, FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF REPUTABLE PRACTITIONERS.

JUST BECAUSE IT "DOESN'T HURT ENOUGH" doesn't mean that you should TRANSITION TO THE NEXT STAGE.

I hate hearing "Yeah It's been 5 months and I'm gonna go ahead and switch from the mung bean to the rock bag LAWL <3<3!!!"

That's good to hear. Yes, I realize it takes time, and I'd want to take as much time as it takes to be safe. Isn't his like a 100 days minimum program? I know it varies from individual to individual, especially those that use their hands less.

Also, anyone know anything about rebreakable boards? I'd like to get those while training if they are worth it. Of course I'd occasionally test with real pavers and wood boards.

From what I've heard, the re-breakable boards are very poor. At your local lumber or hardware store you should be able to get wood cheap.

In truth, the amount of time one should spend on the bags does vary. This is the standard as I recall it:

Mung beans: 6 months-year
    Rock/Gravel: 1-2 years
    Steel Shot: The rest of your active life.

I've been practicing iron palm for about 4 years, but I still use the Gravel Bag because I've had many breaks in my IP training.

Around what point can you effectively break wooden boards? And at which, concrete slabs?

I'm not sure. My Sifu never mentioned it, and I never considered it relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifere View Post
    I know there is another thread on this but I wanted a new thread.

I'm wanting to train with iron palm, but in my area there are no instructors that I know of that can teach that. Therefore, I must resort to videos and handbooks. Ive done some research but I figured Id hit some forums to find out from other people like myself.

First off, what are some recommended kits? So far ive been looking at Wing Lam's kit and Richard Meir's kit, both of which are around the 100 dollar area. I couldn't find reviews, testimonials, or any other credibility that will assure safe and authentic training. With something like iron palm, I don't want to risk damaging my hands, so Im doing extensive research to not only get the safest training, but getting my money's worth.

Any suggestions on kits or overall iron palm training is appreciated. Thank you.
    You can always come up to NJ in November and learn in person Iron Palm and Iron Vest along with alot of other useful material.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news...h=11&year=2007

Be well, train hard
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

If I had the expenses and enough leave in the military I would.

What's the difference between Iron Palm and Tiger Iron Palm?

Also, if I bought wood from a lumber store, what kind should I get. And what dimensions?