Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm

I've recently came across Grandmaster Alexander Tao's Iron body / Iron Palm master kit on MartialArtsMart. Anyone know if this is a good kit?

All you need in a "kit" is a steady supply of jow and a bag(s). Anything else is excess baggage.

Well I want quality training. I don't want to use a training routine that's going to mess up my hands.

Oh.

Well, you don't really have to pay for the routine, you can find that online for free.

As stated for the hundreth time. Do Not Attempt Any Form Of Iron Palm Training Without a TEACHER.

you will hurt yourself and cause damage.

It is not something you can learn from a book or a video.

There are many things involved and you need to learn it from another human who knows what they are doing.

If you train correctly then you can break with little or no effort as you are using your whole body to hit through the palm not just the hand or arm itself.

For example visit my youtube page that has a few breaking vids on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhlxabuf-I

Be well, train hard
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 10-17-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Well, in my situation I don't have the luxury of a nearby instructor that can show me these things. Luckily for me, Im very good at training myself and figuring things out, so long as I have guidelines. That's why I want a video. Trust me, if there were an instructor I could use, I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to figure it out for myself.

Nice video though, those are the results I like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    As stated for the hundreth time. Do Not Attempt Any Form Of Iron Palm Training Without a TEACHER.

you will hurt yourself and cause damage.

It is not something you can learn from a book or a video.

There are many things involved and you need to learn it from another human who knows what they are doing.

If you train correctly then you can break with little or no effort as you are using your whole body to hit through the palm not just the hand or arm itself.

For example visit my youtube page that has a few breaking vids on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhlxabuf-I

Be well, train hard

if it iron palm...then why is there a piece of cloth over the concrete...i never understood that....
    if you train your hand so it doesnt hurt...there is no need for a towel to abosrb the impact on the hand.....

Talking Iron Palm

here is an Iron Palm Coach in Houston, great herbs!!!
    Iron Palm

or if you're really serious
    Iron Body
    Deshan

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ View Post
    if it iron palm...then why is there a piece of cloth over the concrete...i never understood that....
    if you train your hand so it doesnt hurt...there is no need for a towel to abosrb the impact on the hand.....

I have sustained some nasty lacerations due to concrete breaking off and cutting me. I do not want to seriously cut myself again. Hence the little towel. Use your head and do not harm yourself.

be well, train hard
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifere View Post
    Around what point can you effectively break wooden boards? And at which, concrete slabs?

I can break two concrete patio bricks and i have yet to start iron palm training...not sure what you want to accomplish
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Mortifere, need I remind you that if you break your hand trying to learn Iron Palm the wrong way, you could be up for an Article 15? Goes along the same line as getting a sunburn.

Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood SSG.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Mortifere,

You wouldnt happen to be at Ft Gordon, would you?
    Im not sure where you are but there is a fairly extensive selection of good martial arts in Atlanta and surrounding areas (although if youre at Ft Gordon you may be out of luck); you can practically take your pick of styles, gyms, etc; most of which will offer iron palm or similar regimen at some point in the training program. If you let us know where you are exactly, it may be easier to determine your best action.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Mortifere, need I remind you that if you break your hand trying to learn Iron Palm the wrong way, you could be up for an Article 15? Goes along the same line as getting a sunburn.
    Maybe the miltary has changed lots since I got out (whoa, 4 years ago now!), but Article 15 isnt usually given out for first offense unless the circumstances are serious (sunburn and accidental injury not among them). Please dont misunderstand, Im with everyone else here, training should not be undertaken lightly, but I dont believe that "motivation" a la military display of power is terribly constructive...

Yeah...our unit made a big stink downrange about a guy who wasn't careful and accidentally drilled his hand. He wasn't given an AR 15 in the end, but they certainly had him believing he was in some serious trouble. Some units will do that, though. It varies from place to place, unit to unit.
    Last edited by Drake; 11-05-2007 at 08:25 AM. Reason: I'm mother-effin illiterate
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    He wasn't given an AR 15 in the end, but they certainly had him believing he was in some serious trouble.
    Hah, that sounds familiar!! =)