Thread: Anybody heard of this school?

Anybody heard of this school?

It's in Illinois (I'm looking at the Naperville location, specifically) and it's called Bei Dou Kung Fu. They're also in California, where they're called All-Star Kung Fu.

Anybody heard of em and/or have an opinion on em?

I'm seriously considering training in Kung Fu, and I wanna find a place that offers some Sanda classes as well. It looks like the school above does. I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be investing my time and money into a dud of a school.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone here knows of any great schools in Illinois that offer Sanda, please let me know. Thanks again!

I would not go to this school if you are interested in real san da
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

First off, thanks for your response.

To answer your question...I'm not looking to compete in a tournament or anything, but I would prefer learning "real" Sanda. The NY school in your signature looks awesome. Do you know of any schools in Illinois that would be good to look into?

By only the looks of the website, there is no teacher there qualified to teach sanda. Looks like a great contemporary wushu school, though. Furthermore, a sanda school will have mat flooring and heavy bags.

I'm going completely by what websites state, which is sometimes a mistake, but www.extremekungfu.com in Chicago appears to have dedicated sanda classes.

Thanks for the response, pazman.

Extreme Kung Fu would be a great option for me if it weren't so far away (about an hour). I'm very interested in the wushu as well, but I've trained at martial arts schools that do sparring and those that don't... and I definitely prefer hitting a guy once in a while.

I suppose I'll just have to give a shot...maybe try out one of their sanda classes and see if it's worth a ****. Grrrr...I have a million choices for Taekwondo within a 15 mile radius, but only one for Kung Fu.

What the hell is Extreme Kung Fu?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Blog Entries
    What the hell is Extreme Kung Fu?
    Kung Foo to the X-treme!!!! Sheesh!!! get with it cuzzo!!!!! LOL
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Extreme Kung Fu

I agree. Weak name.