Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your all fake all of you!!

Your all fake all of you!!

Only i know real shaolin kung fu!! Me everyone here is under me in skill i am the best i know the real shaolin kung fu!

Ban, just for being so full of ****E!!

and someone bring the feathers and tar.. blasphemous!

*you're
    Kung Fu is good for you.

LOL at the Shaolin Do guy who can't stay away....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I KNOW the REAL Kung Fu.....and so does my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Bludy Catholics...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Bludy Catholics...
    My wife is Catholic.....and so is my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    My wife is Catholic.....and so is my wife!
    but is you're* wife?

(*notice how I CLEVERLY and DISCREETLY used "you're" instead of "your", whereas the title of the thread uses "your" instead of "you're"; truly, this demonstrates the length, breadth and depth of my wit to an unparalleled degree...)

but is you're* wife?
    I don't know, let me ask my wife!

(*notice how I CLEVERLY and DISCREETLY used "you're" instead of "your", whereas the title of the thread uses "your" instead of "you're"; truly, this demonstrates the length, breadth and depth of my wit to an unparalleled degree...)
    You're wit is the length, breadth and depth of your penus from 4,000 miles away!

ttt for 2018!

Wait... this is Mrs. Lau Kar-leung?

Six ways to spot a fake Buddhist monk after Hong Kong ex-actress on crusade to expose them strikes again
    With actress-turned-lawyer Mary Jean Reimer striking again in London, forcing an impostor soliciting donations to disrobe on the spot, we reveal six ways you can tell a real Buddhist monk from a fake one
    PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 29 May, 2018, 1:03pm
    UPDATED : Tuesday, 29 May, 2018, 1:03pm
    Elaine Yau

An actress-turned-lawyer who launched a crusade to expose fake monks has struck again. This time she confronted an impostor soliciting donations in London, who she cornered and forced to disrobe on the street. The man vowed to convert to Buddhism on the spot.

In 2015, Mary Jean Reimer accused Sik Chi-ding, the abbess of Ting Wai Monastery in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district, of pocketing millions of Hong Kong dollars in donations, and of sham marriages with two monks for residency purposes. The nun and a monk were later arrested on suspicion of engaging in a bogus marriage.

A practising Buddhist who used to sit on the board of Ting Wai Monastery, Reimer was in London ahead of a meditation retreat she will attend in June in Hertfordshire, just north of the British capital. She ran into a Chinese man wearing a brown monk’s cassock soliciting donations in Tottenham in north London.

With a friend videoing her, Reimer stopped someone who was in the act of making a donation to the man, and asked him to produce his jiedie (a certificate of ordination as a Buddhist monk issued by the Chinese government). The man produced a piece of paper resembling an amulet instead. Then she asked him to follow her in reciting Buddhist incantations.

She threatened to call police and made the man give her his passport and disrobe on the spot. Imploring her to let him go, the man, surnamed Chen, eventually told her he would make amends and convert to Buddhism.

The video was posted in Buddhist Alert, a Facebook group Reimer set up in 2016 to encourage the public to expose Buddhist misdeeds. The video quickly spread online, prompting heated discussion. In one post, a user calling himself Mike, who runs a restaurant in Beijing, said he supported her move.

“Many such people came to my restaurant to solicit donations. I told them if they can recite the Great Compassion Mantra three times, I will donate. But they just leave,” he wrote.

Another post, from Sam Lee, a building services contractor from Hong Kong living in Beijing who has practised Buddhism for more than a decade, criticised her actions.

Reimer, photographed here in 2017, ended her acting career in 1984 after marrying another actor, Lau Kar-leung. Photo: Felix Wong

Fake monks soliciting donations have become a scourge in Southeast Asia. In China, some Buddhist temples have engaged in all kinds of commercial activity and pressured tourists to make donations. This prompted the central government to issue a ban last year on the involvement of commercial capital in Taoism and Buddhism and on profit making activities associated with the two religions.

Impersonating a monk to bilk passers-by out of money is among activities covered by the Chinese government’s crackdown.

A Chinese thief, dressed as a fake Buddhist monk, stealing money from a tourist’s wallet in Malacca, Malaysia. Photo: Alamy

Online poster Lee told the Post that, while he did not object to Reimer acting to discourage deception, her tactics are too aggressive. “She went overboard in her campaign to catch fake monks,” he says.

He says scolding someone in Buddhist robes vigorously and spreading the footage around was disrespectful to real monks. “She handled the matter without enough [tact],” he says.

[Buddhist customs enjoin] followers to refrain from criticising fake monks. As long as he wears the cassock, we have to show respect even though he is an impostorSAM LEE
    He says Reimer appears to advocate an across-the-board crackdown on monks soliciting money – which contradicts scriptures of the northern branch of Buddhism.

Buddhism is divided into three schools – Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana – which follow different precepts. Mahayana, or northern Buddhism is practised mainly in the northern half of the traditional Buddhist world, including China (especially its Tibet and Taiwan regions), Korea, Mongolia and Japan. Theravada Buddhism, also called southern Buddhism, is practised in Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar.

A Theravada monk is not allowed to work or handle money. He must get a disciple to handle all financial matters. However, the Mahayana school does not see money as evil and allows its monks to accept donations.

“How can a monk survive if panhandling is banned altogether? [Reimer’s] campaign can affect those real [Mahayana] monks who solicit donations for commuting,” Lee says. “She shouldn’t use southern Buddhism’s precepts to attack northern Buddhist practices.

“[Buddhist customs also enjoin] followers to refrain from criticising fake monks. As long as he wears the cassock, we have to show respect even though he is an impostor.”

Sik Chi-ding, former abbess of Ting Wai Monastery, arriving at the monastery in Tai Po in 2015. That year, Reimer accused Sik of pocketing millions in donations and of two sham marriages. Photo: David Wong

(Southern and northern Buddhist scriptures also diverge over the eating of meat. While northern Buddhism forbids meat-eating, the southern school allows it as long as three requirements are fulfilled: not seeing the animal being killed, not hearing it being killed, and not suspecting that it is being killed for the eater. This means that meat sold by a store owner can be eaten, as it was not killed for a particular shopper.)

Defending her act, Reimer says Buddha did not promote differentiation and division.

“To attain enlightenment, Buddhist followers have to possess wisdom, compassion and not have a divisive heart. I want to restore Buddhism to its primordial state which doesn’t contain divergent sects.”

Reimer with the fake monk in London after forcing him to disrobe. Photo: Facebook / Buddhist Alert (International) / Mary Jean Reimer

Though she won a civil court case against Ting Wai Monastery in Tai Po, with the court ordering its winding-up last November, she says she is still reeling from the episode.

“I had to sell assets to pay the huge bill [for the court case]. I only repaid all my debts in March. My health has worsened a lot,” Reimer says.

“[But] my actions have won kudos from many monks. The public has also been emboldened to take issue with [monks’ deviant behaviour].”

Six ways to tell whether a monk is real or fake
    1. In general, monks from real temples do not solicit money on the streets (though a Mahayana monk may solicit donations to cover the costs of his travel).

2. Anyone holding a monk’s bowl to solicit money on the streets is fake, as the bowl is only for food in Buddhism.

3. Anyone who hustles on the street selling amulets and other fortunetelling products such as paper medallions or bead bracelets is fake.

4. Buddhist rules forbid monks from engaging in geomancy, face or palm reading, or any activities related to feng shui.

5. Real monks do not act aggressively, and would happily offer blessings without asking for anything in return.

6. Genuine monks will be willing to answer questions about which temple they belong to and Buddhism in general (such as about the Five Precepts), and recite Buddhist incantations.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I just lost complete respect for Michael Jai White

This is so incorrect on so many levels.

THREAD
    Your all fake all of you!!
    Michael Jai White
    Black Dynamite
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yea I saw that, and left a loooong (polite) comment too give some correct information. Tried to sum it up, it was a lot to cover.
    I've been wanting to point out foor a long time, that hollywood, particularly quentin, and then HK cinema, are really out to give a bad look to TCMA.
    Shaolin especially. I work with video producers a lot with films and music video, and they taught me about something they call "visidual magic" which is what any form of projected film is by default.
    Quentin supports a lot of alternate agendas (for lack of a better term) thru his film, like most of hollywood, we like to ignore that aspect of it, but its a fact. Certain things were not in film at all when I was a kid, not even grown up films lol, now that "type" of content is almost advertised in film, even children's films.
    Quentin did some BS with kill bill, too much to list, but thee audio/visual "magic" he put to work basically added up to BS. It was a film series that bashed the Alpha Male in so many walks of life, and also bashed martial arts in general, and attempted to screw up Shaolins film legacy as well. Some would argue that series was the downfall of David Carradine on screen as the 'Kung Fu Legend'. QT completely lost credibility after dissing Bruce Lee recently.

MJW did the same (exploit) with Black Dynamite, borderline making the a joke of the Black Revolutionary and Black Martial Artist at the sametime, yet I gave him a pass because the film had a overtone of positive community activity/heroism, and was released overly as a comedy.
    VLADTV promotes (headlines) things a certain way as well.

with the pretext ....still....MJW said so much that was incorrect, I cant fault him on some of it because I know he's misinformed on some. What I fault him for is saying Shaolin Monks dont exist, and say Damo brought "Buddhism to China". The first statement is totally off because Shaolin is part of a greater Sangha that expands beyond tourism and kung fu. Dharma or Sangha isn't interested in being authenticated or validated in any form .....and Damo came into China well after the arrival of Buddhism.....smh.....bringing the Dhyana centered practice of devotion to Buddhas teaching.

Martial history of Shaolin's wuseng has been thoroughly examined and proven right where necessary, even in the west. All "temple lineages" are pretty much intact, and then you have the folk masters who kept a lot intact as well. Most of Shaolin's real story is public now, and it SHOULD be common knowledge among martial artist of all walks, especially form MJW's generation. All the spooky mcdojos and fake lineages and styles have long been exposed, and the real timeline and story of Shaolin, from south to north China has been told, a thousand times, a thousand ways, in all languages. We know the difference between the tourist theme park monk, and a Buddhist monk also, so to play Shaolin like he did, could be seen as very disrespectful.

Any REAL martial artist from any art, any country, knows better to carry out all due diligence in getting the facts straight before you speak or act. Especially when speaking on another art, ....and it happened to be the art that is responsible for the branch you practice.So to hear him, who I thought had 360 degrees of knowledge, go up there and talk against Shaolin like that, was painful. I had to calm myself to make a response.

like all those movies say , "It benefits the fearful to burn the temple. "

I tried to explain in a comment the "Transmission of Buddhism" as a practice, from Buddha thru to Damo and Hui Ke to Hui Neng. and thinking about it.... I might make a video response to vlads video man. That alone, kung fu aside, the fact that Shaolin served as the foreground where Buddha and Dhyana "rejoined" and then served Ch'an/Zen to the world so gracefully, should get its own highlight. When will people get out of the circus/surface? I got tired of arguing about the prowess of Shaolin kung fu with jarheads and pooptards I just tell them try it out. When it comes to Zen, what do you say to that? lol how do attempt to "prove" Ch'an or the potency and importance? its backwards. Only can be known thru experience and even then if you experience it, you cant word it. Shaolin is being misunderstood, almost as well as enlightenment and the practice of Zen is misunderstood, lol....maybe thats a good thing?

(ps: I thought karate guys loved Shaolin Warriors and call them all papa? lol)

Sheesh
    Amituofo
    Last edited by Djuan; 01-14-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

I posted a comment to this video, which Gene also posted in the “Michael Jai White on Humor” thread in the Martial Media sub-forum.

While MJW is a good MAist, he has too high an opinion of himself. He talks like he’s some type of bad@ss fighter who could beat up both Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, while giving them backhanded compliments. MJW isn’t a professional fighter either, and I’m pretty sure that Jackie Chan, while not a fighter himself, is physically and mentally tougher than MJW is or ever has been, just like many hardcore stunt people are tougher than a high percentage of MAists. And while I don’t feel that Bruce Lee was really a fighter either, MJW does NOT know that he could have beaten BL; like a lot of other people, he only THINKS he could have. You don’t know that you can beat anybody until you’re actually facing them, and MJW can safely toss spitballs at BL because BL is long dead.

And his saying that HK kung fu movies featured Shaolin monks as their answer to cowboys and samurai is way off-base. The oldest KF (or, more accurately, wuxia) film I’ve seen was from the 1920s or ‘30s, and the lead character was a swordswoman.

By going public with his comments, he only confirms his ignorance. “Better to keep quiet and have people think you’re a fool than to open your mouth and confirm their beliefs.”
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-15-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Yea Jimbo he lost a fan and supporter in me for sure, not like he cares, just sayin.
    cant believe he said some of that stuff.
    "Damo brought Buddhism to China, by taking it to a Buddhist temple in China....."

starting to think the same dojo that hired XXD, Quentin, and Rorion Gracie, hired MJW as well . LOL

to chime in on is perspective and ego as a MAist, actors and stuntmen aside, MJW would have a hard time beating up a lot of REAL Shaolin monks in my opinion. I'm not name dropping here, there are plenty who teach/train more than he does, so he needs to chill before he gets "summoned" and has to back out of the challenge for a movie roll.

This is just another chamber Shaolin must go thru.
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

I believe the term is "talking out of your ass" such as MJW has done in that clip.

Postulation in a state of ignorance is always interesting...i guess.

I dunno, but dude is not a source of water for me, so, I can let it go.
    Kung Fu is good for you.