Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Information about Sifu Brian Eble/Golden Mountain Kung Fu?

Thanks, RD.

I would've preferred something in the suburbs, but it just didn't seem like it was gonna happen. Cross your fingers that I can maintain the willpower to regularly attend class right after a crappy day at work.

Just focus on getting there, and walking in the door. Don't think about the class. Once you are there, it will take care of itself.

When it comes to after work training, I have found being close to work is best because you are not further exhausted by a long smog filled drive home. What little motivation you did have, is snuffed out by the driving stress. If the school is close to work, you still have enough get up and go to at least get through the door. Then the energy of the environment will carry you the rest of the way.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

All great points, RD. I really won't get a chance to wind down before so it should make for an easy transition.

Yeah, you will definitely get solid training with the Ng family. I have been training there for about 5 years(off and on) and it is great. The amount of power and skill I have gained is immense. I too travel there from Bolingbrook/Romeoville and sometimes I don't feel like making the drive, but once I get there I feel fine. Good luck, you are in good hands.

Since you two are close to eachother, you should probably try to hook up once a week to train.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Tyrant171, I am in the western suburbs... not too far from Naperville. PM me if you would ever like to get together to train. It is always nice to have people close to home to train with in between classes, even if they study different styles.

Also, my friend is starting an 8 week introductory Yang style Tai chi course in Naperville by request. I believe it starts today (Tue the 12th) or Saturday. If you or anyone you know is interested, please PM me. He will continue to teach people after the 8 weeks if anyone has the heart for it.

yeah we can get together to train once in a while. But I am not an instructor or anything and you should definitely go check out the Ng Family. But to do a little side training, that would be cool.

Brian Eble and Golden Mountain Kung fu

I was with Brian for the last 10 years before he closed the doors. He is a very talented practical martial artist. In my 30 years of Martial arts experience including Kuntao Silat, the best stuff was taught to me by Brian.

A small group of us regulars (old timers) from Golden Mountain have continued to get together 1-2 times a week since Brian stopped teaching. We each were with Brian 10 years or longer and have experience going back an average of 25 years per man.

Recently I have been discussing the possibility of teaching privately with the guys and we are considering taking on an occassional student into our group or individually on the side. In addition, Brian does occassionally make an appearance and is always a welcome sight as he always has something brilliant to add.

We practice traditional Longfist, shai ciao, modified Yang Tai chi (Chen flavor). Everything we do from warm ups to forms, weapons and ultimately free fighting is focused on practical realistic applications.

I would be happy to talk to you if you're interested. We work out in Naperville weekly and occassionally in Bolingbrook and Romeoville.
    You can email me at longfist40@gmail.com.