Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information about Sifu Brian Eble/Golden Mountain Kung Fu?

Information about Sifu Brian Eble/Golden Mountain Kung Fu?

Hey all,

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm looking for information about a sifu named Brian Eble. He ran Golden Mountain Kung Fu in Naperville, IL until, it looks like, about a couple years ago. Supposedly he taught traditional Long Fist with an emphasis on fighting. I'm looking to get into Kung Fu and I really wanted to check out his school, but the number has been disconnected and I can't find any updated information. So...

Has anyone here heard of Brian Eble and/or Golden Mountain Kung Fu in Naperville, IL? If so, do you know what happened to the school? Did Brian Eble open a new one? Is there a new number to call?

I realize that the chances of anyone here having information about this are almost non-existent, but I figured it's worth a try.

Also, even if you don't know anything about this sifu or the school, can you suggest any good Kung Fu schools near Naperville, IL or otherwise in the western Chicago suburbs?

Thanks!

Last I heard he was planning on opening his hand again.

Brian Eble is a top notch Kung Fu player. He's got the goods, that is for sure. I am currently training under an equally talented freind of his who has daily contact with him. I will ask for you.

RD

I'm a friend of Brian's. You are correct, he is a talented martial artists and once ran a great fighting kung fu school called Golden Mountain. But he is no longer teaching. If he starts teaching again, I'll post an announcement here.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Hmmm, that sux.

I don't have a school persay, but I do teach privately in the area.

Thanks so much for the responses! I really wasn't expecting any luck with such an obscure thread.

I'm very disappointed to hear that he's not currently teaching...but my quest for quality kung fu instruction must go on! Do you guys know of any good kung fu schools in the area that are currently in operation? I'm in Bolingbrook, but I'm willing to drive.

Bei Dou Kung Fu is close (in Naperville), but I took a free lesson there and it seems to be pretty much all non-practical, performance-based wushu. The more skilled students were impressive to watch...but it seemed like just a lot of flash.

So, any suggestions on quality schools?

PM me your contact info and I'll give you a call.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Sent. Thanks

Ng Family Chinese Martial Arts Association

Traditional kung fu school that focuses on practical combat application in chicago

www.NgFamilyMartialArts.com

this is the youtube page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/straightblast5#p/u

I live in kankakee IL and make the trip to train here every weekend for the last 10 yrs. Absoulutly worth it. I have a school in bourbonnais IL

videos from my school

http://www.youtube.com/user/K3hungsing
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the link! That school looks, honestly, very awesome.

Your school looks great as well. Those little dudes have fire in their eyes...I can see it.

Do you take both the Choy Lay Fut and Ving Tsun classes at Ng Family Martial Arts? Also, what's the price structure for classes? Thanks for any info!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolindynasty View Post
    Traditional kung fu school that focuses on practical combat application in chicago

www.NgFamilyMartialArts.com

this is the youtube page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/straightblast5#p/u

I live in kankakee IL and make the trip to train here every weekend for the last 10 yrs. Absoulutly worth it. I have a school in bourbonnais IL

videos from my school

http://www.youtube.com/user/K3hungsing

I practice Choy Lay Fut but have also cross trained in Ving Tsun for a short time. Most people there practice one or the other as they find either meets their needs but both are available if you'd want to learn them. Sifu prefers if you begin with one until at least 6 months before doing both. I think the current rate is $200 for 3 months unlimited classes but you may want to email him directly to find out.

Gotcha, thanks! Wow, $200 for 3 months is very reasonable...bordering on cheap. But I'll definitely call or e-mail to make sure about the price.

One more thing...do you take any sanda classes there? If I were to train Choy Lay Fut to start, would I be able to take sanda classes concurrently? Or is sanda treated more like a separate discipline to be learned later if desired (a la Ving Tsun)?

Sorry for the questions, but this is the first promising school I've seen in my search so far.

Yes I do train sanda. sanda training is open to everyone that wants to do it and encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant171 View Post
    Gotcha, thanks! Wow, $200 for 3 months is very reasonable...bordering on cheap. But I'll definitely call or e-mail to make sure about the price.

One more thing...do you take any sanda classes there? If I were to train Choy Lay Fut to start, would I be able to take sanda classes concurrently? Or is sanda treated more like a separate discipline to be learned later if desired (a la Ving Tsun)?

Sorry for the questions, but this is the first promising school I've seen in my search so far.
    There is also the Westmont branch of the Shaolin Temple. They have a Sanda program as well. It's right in downtown Westmont.

From Bollingbrook you'd take 55 to Cass, go North till you cross the tracks. It's right there, about midway on the block.

This is the demo from thier Grand opening a few years ago. They don't show thier sanda program here, but you can see the caliber of the coaches for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZg670nlXDA

This is a extension of the Shaolin Temple branch in Chicago, and some of the Monks from there were here helping with the demos.

34 North Cass Avenue
    Westmont, IL 60559-1660
    (630) 434-1368
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    There is also the Westmont branch of the Shaolin Temple. They have a Sanda program as well. It's right in downtown Westmont.
    Thanks, Royal Dragon.

Do you train there or have you just heard about it? Either way, do you know if they have a class schedule posted anywhere online? There's a schedule for the main Chicago temple on the main website...but I can't find anything for Westmont. Thanks again!

I don't train there. I used to live not too far from it in Westmont. I did an introductory class, and another time I compared my 32 posture Tai Tzu Chang Chuan with thiers. I have socialized with a couple of thier guys here and there. I was at the Grand opening for example.

I was actually hoping to get involved with thier sanda class, but life got in the way.

They are a good school as far as I can tell, and they have serious talent. They seem to exchange instructors with he Chicago branch regularly, so it's not just one Monk. There are several going in and out that come from the Shaolin Temple in China.

In our area, if you are not going to hook up with guys from the Kuntao/Silat club, this is the best school around. Although if you can, I'd work the Kuntao Silat AND the Shaolin sanda program. You will build both modern, and old school Shaolin that way, as the Kuntao is ancient Shaolin preserved in Indonesia. They are rich with applications I generally don't see elsewhere, for the moves found in Kung Fu forms.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 06-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a