Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are There Any Other Arts As Deadly As This One?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I always figure in order to be able to criticize someone's fighting ability, first you have to be able to whip him. Can you whip him?
    That is like saying Bella Karolyi can't criticize girl's gymnastics because he has never danced on a balance beam!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I always figure in order to be able to criticize someone's fighting ability, first you have to be able to whip him. Can you whip him?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

The music selection for the vid was deadly enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    Well I don't think any other arts encourage the men to train in checkered skirts if that's what you mean. . .

Hmm...I suppose the arts of the Scottish Highlanders maybe. . .
    Calling it a skirt will get you kilt.

therein is the difference laddy.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by david jamieson View Post
    calling it a skirt will get you kilt.

Therein is the difference laddy.

winner of the internets for the day!!

I, for one, am completely appauled at the levity with which this thread has been taken! These guys could obviously cream every one of you guys, since this is the art of the boogeymen of legend! I just hope the boogeyman doesn't come after all of you since you have so brazenly disparaged his art.....
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    I, for one, am completely appauled at the levity with which this thread has been taken! These guys could obviously cream every one of you guys, since this is the art of the boogeymen of legend! I just hope the boogeyman doesn't come after all of you since you have so brazenly disparaged his art.....
    Don't boogeymen melt when you throw water on them?

All joking aside, of course I think silat can be just as effective as any other art if trained properly. Just my unqualified opinion of course. Oh, and about the boogeymen. I read in that book confessions of an economic hitman that the term boogeyman that people would scare their kids into behaving with ["you'd better be good or the boogeyman'll get you..." (like he got the Dutch, and then got 'em again, and then got 'em again, etc.) actually came from an Indonesian or Malaysian pirate tribe that gave the Dutch no end of trouble during their entire colonial rule there. So if that's true, they shouldn't melt in water, lol.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

All joking aside, of course I think silat can be just as effective as any other art if trained properly. Just my unqualified opinion of course. Oh, and about the boogeymen. I read in that book confessions of an economic hitman that the term boogeyman that people would scare their kids into behaving with ["you'd better be good or the boogeyman'll get you..." (like he got the Dutch, and then got 'em again, and then got 'em again, etc.) actually came from an Indonesian or Malaysian pirate tribe that gave the Dutch no end of trouble during their entire colonial rule there. So if that's true, they shouldn't melt in water, lol.
    Malaysian Silat gets laughed at by Malaysians mostly.
    Indonesian Silat, not so much.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Malaysian Silat gets laughed at by Malaysians mostly.
    Indonesian Silat, not so much.

Which of the two do they appear to be doing in the clip lol, Dave?

I don't think many here have an ill opinion of Silat. Just these guy's performance of it. For every guy that shows badly on the web, there are 2 from that style groaning in the background.

Which of the two do they appear to be doing in the clip lol, Dave?
    It's clearly not Malaysian.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's clearly not Malaysian.
    The 1st time that I heard

- MMA, I thought it was Malaysian MA.
    - BJJ guy's sweep, I had no idea how to sweep someone when I'm on the ground.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-06-2011 at 09:18 PM.