Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

Bagua vs. Muay Thai FIGHT VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ls7SAbN24

and the loser's comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxOTmOZELA&NR=1

Personally I think these are just excuses. Traditionally the top fighters were the tigers of wu lin because they fought constantly.

In the modern age we cannot engage in street fights all the time.

But there is always the ring to apply our techniques, whether it is Muaythai, Sanda, MMA, Kyokushinkai (and offshoots), shootfighting, etc.... some have big boxing gloves and some have small gloves.

And if you want no gloves I'm sure you can find people who can accommodate you! But trying to say that you teach "effective, practical material" when someone doesn't have actual fighting experience is also a lie, in my opinion.

thoughts?

PS - looks like Black Taoist was helping training this guy for his fight.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    this vid still floating around I see.

yeah a pathetic guy trying to mouthbox his way up. MT guy was just playing with him at points thought it was funny. MT guy even got a RN choke on the dude and he had, looked like 16oz, boxing gloves on.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ls7SAbN24

and the loser's comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxOTmOZELA&NR=1

Personally I think these are just excuses. Traditionally the top fighters were the tigers of wu lin because they fought constantly.

In the modern age we cannot engage in street fights all the time.

But there is always the ring to apply our techniques, whether it is Muaythai, Sanda, MMA, Kyokushinkai (and offshoots), shootfighting, etc.... some have big boxing gloves and some have small gloves.

And if you want no gloves I'm sure you can find people who can accommodate you! But trying to say that you teach "effective, practical material" when someone doesn't have actual fighting experience is also a lie, in my opinion.

thoughts?

PS - looks like Black Taoist was helping training this guy for his fight.
    thoughts, well if your trainer has never been in a competative fight and your sparring partners suck you are in for a bad day

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    thoughts, well if your trainer has never been in a competative fight and your sparring partners suck you are in for a bad day
    freaking ass people and their common sense !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Maoshan/Blacktaoist and Maoshan's student DJ apparently calling out NakMeezy to fight in the ManUpStandUp tournament....

Personally, honestly I have seen DJ's fights and if Nak is serious about making a statement he could REALLY hurt the guy. Also they wanna do looser rules/no rules/or something like that which IMHO is worse for them as well as Nak has some rudimentary ground game and you add elbows and knees to the face and it's a whole different ballgame as well....

my 2 cents
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Maoshan/Blacktaoist and Maoshan's student DJ apparently calling out NakMeezy to fight in the ManUpStandUp tournament....

Personally, honestly I have seen DJ's fights and if Nak is serious about making a statement he could REALLY hurt the guy. Also they wanna do looser rules/no rules/or something like that which IMHO is worse for them as well as Nak has some rudimentary ground game and you add elbows and knees to the face and it's a whole different ballgame as well....

my 2 cents
    that whole scene seems like drama to me... lots of talk, not many fights... like the sensei mo thing...

there has already been a fight and we all saw what happened.
    - Yagyū Munenori

I guess I'll go on my rant for the day. Lots of talk, poor display by the Bagua guy, sour grapes after. Sometimes I wonder when this sh**it is going to end. Basically there are two types of martial artists, those who say and those who do, period. I respect people who step up to challenges but if you lose, you lose. Learn from it and move on.

But that is my philosophy and few share it. I think lots of TMA folks are too egotistical to state their flaws. This would be a great opportunity for the guy who lost to study and see what he did wrong and work on improving his game where it had holes. But instead we will see more excuses of the ring isnt the street and other such garbage. Yawn.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Dufus = someone who thinks they got something to prove but unfortunately doesn't have the tools or wherewithal to prove it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Looking at the comments I see that douchebag BGZgayboy is still among the living...

That's the guy that David fought a long time ago.

there has already been a fight and we all saw what happened.
    really, they eventually fought??? i dont see an over the hill point karate man taking novell... BT is too young and vibrant... is it on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    freaking ass people and their common sense !!
    hey someone else has to get there sometimes before you do, its just the law of averages get over it smart guy

this is what happens when u get trapped by forms. when u get trapped by fantasy and living in perpetual childhood. an entire life wasted and without meaning
    Last edited by bawang; 06-06-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

its ironic how when a cma stylist says that what they do is a good way to be a good fighter and then they agree to an mma or kickboxing match and proceed to train in boxing and bjj... wtf??? so theyre training is good enough but they choose to use the training methods from other combat sports??? rediculous....

its almost as bad as a guy saying his chinna works on the ground and then proceeds to use bjj theories to execute these cma locks...

some people will just never understand... they see the same locks and think its the same... a straight arm bar is a straight armbar and people see that and with ZERO understanding they say "see its the same" without ever realizing the difference is in the approach...