Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin on Paul Revere

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post

who ever can place this pic first wins this thread.
    Mad Maxx beyond Thunderdome?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    The record debt caused by two wars Bush started, you mean?
    You keep telling yourself that. Entitlements are the biggest expense, namely Medicare and Social Security. And how can you only blame Bush when the community organizer is still fighting those same wars he promised to get us out of?

And the cost of Obamacare is gonna end up costing us BILLIONS per year (unless we repeal it). You gonna blame Bush for that one too?

One more question MK. After 9/11 happened, when we were attacked out of the clear blue and thousands of innocent Americans were murdered by terrorists, what do YOU say Bush's response should have been?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    One more question MK. After 9/11 happened, when we were attacked out of the clear blue and thousands of innocent Americans were murdered by terrorists, what do YOU say Bush's response should have been?
    Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 at all, so why are you trying to link them to it?

I supported attacking Afghanistan, but diverting our resources to Iraq set that war back years, cost a lot of American lives, and maybe even compromised the eventual outcome.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Entitlements are the biggest expense, namely Medicare and Social Security.
    Congress has approved a total of $1.283 trillion for military operations, base security,
    reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans’ health care for the operations initiated since the 9/11 attacks.

We currently have a $1.5 trillion deficit.

Doesn't take a math **** to figure out how those numbers correlate.

And how can you only blame Bush when the community organizer is still fighting those same wars he promised to get us out of
    You can't stop a freight train moving full-speed too quickly or else the whole thing derails.

BTW, after killing Osama, it's not like he spent tax payer dollars to fly a fighter jet onto a carrier or anything....
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-08-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Mad Maxx beyond Thunderdome?
    Yep, beat me to it.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 at all, so why are you trying to link them to it?
    I didn't say that. I didn't even give my opinion on the issue. I simply asked what YOU felt Bush's response should have been after 9/11. Can you please answer that question?

Congress has approved a total of $1.283 trillion for military operations, base security,
    reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans’ health care for the operations initiated since the 9/11 attacks.

And yet entitlements still cost more annually than the entire defense budget, which was my point.

In 2010 Medicair, Medicaid, and Social Security were 43% of Federal spending, while the entire defense spending was 20%.

You can't stop a freight train moving full-speed too quickly or else the whole thing derails.
    That's your excuse for most of his failures. Well that, and Bush. He's had 2 1/2 years! Awhile back I asked and asked all of you guys who were blaming Bush for the economy when did the economy become Obama's economy and I never got an answer. Is 4 years an ok time? Can we agree on that? After all, Carville is famous for asking, "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" in 1992. If a Republican uses those words in Nov 2012, will you still just blame Bush?

Remember, so far EVERY predicition I made about the community organizer's economic plans have been shown to be correct or moving in that direction. I predicted the 'stimulus' would fail and leave us holding the bill, and it only raised unemployment and left us holding the bill. I predicted he would spend like mad and not cut spending as he promised, and he did. I predicted high gas prices, and we just got over $4/gal gas. I predicted inflation and we are seeing that start too, mainly in food and gas (for now). I predict by Nov 2012 the country will still be stuck at ~8-9% unemployment, UNLESS the community organizer cuts taxes (for ALL brackets) and cuts regulations.

BTW, after killing Osama, it's not like he spent tax payer dollars to fly a fighter jet onto a carrier or anything....
    He instead spent taxpayer money to rent out 30 rooms at a luxury Spanish hotel for his wife's vacation.

Sources:
    http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2008pr...20081017a.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...federal_budget

And yet entitlements still cost more annually than the entire defense budget, which was my point.
    That's because the WARS are not factored into the Defense Budget. The money is voted on and approved outside of the normal budget.

How smart is it to start 2 wars with no plan to fund them because you cut taxes? Then, you keep cutting taxes and complain that we have to borrow to pay for the wars?

You want to talk about entitlement? Conservatives have completely lost any sense of patriotic sacrifice. God forbid you have to raise taxes to pay for the two wars YOU CLAMORED to start.

Can you imagine this sense of self-entitlement during WWII? Can you imagine the fervor on FOX if the government started issuing stamps for butter rations because civilians had to sacrifice for the troops?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-08-2011 at 01:35 PM.

bjj blue sounds like a commie loving pinko to me

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I predicted high gas prices, and we just got over $4/gal gas.
    LOL! Check out the brain on Brad. In other news, water is wet.

Gas prices now ($3.74/gallon) are nowhere near the high in 2008 yet ($4.12/gallon). Who was president then?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    We who word soup we have also too.
    notice how she mixes in present tense with past tense whenevr shes talking about private militias and arming civilians... anyone who doesnt see exactly what shes doing here is the retard... she doesnt need to be correct, she just needs enough uneducated people to believe her... by no means does she need a majority... and i even agree with her that people need to make sure their personal liberties arent compromised... but the way she is going about it is sleazy... all politics is sleazy... and lately its getting worse... anyone who has studied politics will know that this isnt the worst yet either... there were times when senators would call men feces eaters and molesters on the senate floor... personal attacks have always been there... but it seems were seeing a new dynamic with technology we never had before and the way some people exploit that is disgusting... palin is a perfect example...

and why people feel justified in blaming all the woes of a nation on one man who has been in power for less than three years is beyond me... how can people be so stupid that they dont see the larger patterns here??? sure some have far far more guilt than others, but one person is not and never will be the cause of any failing nation... never...

maaaan, arent you tired of saying that over and over, i know i am... if they didnt get it before, they wont get it this time around either... some people just see what they want to see... what they were taught to see...

idiots and liars will continue to misrepresent the costs by flouting the budget numbers without ever knowing that the wars are a seperate expence from the defence budget... have fun getting into all that tho, its far above the gaze of your average rank and file neocon...
    Last edited by Syn7; 06-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't know about you guys but Sarah Palin's high pitched voice just hurt my ears big time. Does anybody feel the same way as I do?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.

That's because the WARS are not factored into the Defense Budget. The money is voted on and approved outside of the normal budget.
    Ok, then. If you read my source you would see the ENTIRE "discretionary spending" was 19% of the budget. So if you add ALL of the defense budget and ALL discretionary spending, that's 39% of Government spending. Medicair, Medicaid, and Social Security were 43% of Government spending. So we still spend more on entitlements than on the 2 wars. Which was my point. Do we need to go on?

How smart is it to start 2 wars with no plan to fund them because you cut taxes? Then, you keep cutting taxes and complain that we have to borrow to pay for the wars?
    1) cutting taxes does not always cut revenues, see the 1980s for the prime example. 2) again, entitlements are a larger portion of the bidget than the 2 wars. Basic mathematics would say you reduce your biggest expense first to have the biggest effect, correct?

You want to talk about entitlement? Conservatives have completely lost any sense of patriotic sacrifice. God forbid you have to raise taxes to pay for the two wars YOU CLAMORED to start.
    Is giving 40% of every dollar we earn to the Government not sacrifice?

If not, what do YOU say it should be?

And the conservatives say we can fix this mess without raising taxes. We've tried to fix the mess via massive Gov't spending, and it didn't work as promised. Wouldn't common sense dictate we try another strategy? We know a massive tax cut INCREASED revenues (again, see the 1980s). Maybe trying a proven strategy makes some sense! Viola!

Can you imagine this sense of self-entitlement during WWII? Can you imagine the fervor on FOX if the government started issuing stamps for butter rations because civilians had to sacrifice for the troops?
    The average family wasn't paying 40% of it's income in taxes during WWII. That's a huge difference. The average American family just cant give and give and give anymore, we are just about tapped out. And taxing the very people who employ us, 'the rich', is only going to take more of our jobs offshore.

And alot of people on FOX are calling for sacrifice. We feel, for example, that those people on welfare should start sacrifiing SOMETHING. Is that bad? Or racist? Or cruel? Why do you only expect the middle class and wealthy to have to sacrifice? Can't we all share the sacrifices like Americans have in the past?