Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Provable Internal Energy; Unbendable Arm

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawyer View Post

Did you actually READ the link you posted?
    If you did, you would have read:

The explanation of the unbendable arm is that it is not a feat of "energetics," but of mere physical strength, albeit proper use of strength. When the demonstrator first introduces unbendable arm, you are asked to "make a fist" and/or "use all of your muscle" to keep your arm from being bent. You do this by tightening the "big-bellied" muscles of the arm-the biceps specifically. When the demonstrator applies pressure to your arm, it bends because the muscles you have engaged are not the muscles needed to resist the pressure on your arm but are, in fact, the exact muscles that move your arm in the same direction as his pressure, i.e. the biceps bend the arm.

The method to keep someone from bending your arm in this exercise is correct and is most impressive, but the explanation of "life energy" (or any other explanation besides the use of the triceps) is wrong.
    Knowing the real secret of the unbendable arm has been very helpful to me in examining the mechanics of other martial art techniques-throws, locks, punches, pushes, etc. It has also helped me to steer clear of the "Masters" who have other tricks that lead students far off the path. In other words, do not discount a method merely because it is incorrectly explained, but beware.
    Him? read?
    LMAO !!!
    Jou berry funnee man !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The unbendable arm is no different from the Taiji "Beng Jing" that unify your body as one unit. If you have it, it's very difficult for anybody to apply joint locking on you in stand up situation.

For me, Peng Jing has more then unbendable arm practice.
    Peng has a Qi layer which superimpose with the physical layer in design, eventhough, some might not activate it at will or knowing this layer's exist and could be train.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    For me, Peng Jing has more then unbendable arm practice.
    Peng has a Qi layer which superimpose with the physical layer in design, eventhough, some might not activate it at will or knowing this layer's exist and could be train.
    The day that you can apply Peng Jing in:

- boxing upper cut,
    - WC Tang Shou,
    - Taiji Peng,
    - XingYi Zuan Quan,
    - SC 架墚(Jia Liang), or
    - Uechi Ryu ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_joSS_Y7ro

The day that you will not argue "my style is better than your style" any more.

The day that you can apply Peng Jing in:

- boxing upper cut,
    - WC Tang Shou,
    - Taiji Peng,
    - XingYi Zuan Quan,
    - SC 架墚(Jia Liang), or
    - Uechi Ryu ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_joSS_Y7ro

Let's take away the

and focus on what is Peng Jing, unless we know what it is we really dont know the full story. So, what is a Peng Jing?

Blog Entries
    what is a Peng Jing?
    If you have it, there will be no need to talk about it. If you (general YOU) don't have it, talk about it will have no meaning.

If you have it, there will be no need to talk about it. If you (general YOU) don't have it, talk about it will have no meaning.

I have a different view compare with you.

I believe everything needs to be well define. Otherwise, it is confusion.

TCMA in the west needs to define and clearly let others know what is what.

There is nothing personal but like topic in the physics that it is clearly define and could be discussed to agree and disagree with.

The meaning of discussion is to make thing even more clear for both parties.

As for have it or not, that is not the focus of the discussion.

Blog Entries
    The meaning of discussion is to make thing even more clear for both parties.
    Any detail discussion will always end with "only good for fighting in dreams and movie sets!". It's better just to touch the surface and move on.

A: What's TCMA?
    B: TCMA = "head hunting".
    A:
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-07-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Any detail discussion will always end with "only good for fighting in dreams and movie sets!". It's better just to touch the surface and move on.

I disagree.

Peng Jing is a mechanic of Taiji. so if one needs to evalute the fighting potential of Taiji, That needs be investigated clearly.
    But to describe what is Peng Jing is not even detail but what it is.

here has a description of Peng jing.
    陈氏太极拳所说的掤劲,就是一般拳家所说的内劲。洪均生先生认为:太极拳的内劲,是指螺旋运动的顺、逆互变 ,持久锻炼自然产生的,能在内里变化的缠丝劲。陈发科先生称这种劲为掤劲。 
    http://blog.66wz.com/?uid-199961-act...e-itemid-68737

Saying that I accept others who might only focus on other angle. and it is not everyone's interest.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-07-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    That needs be investigated clearly...
    A: What's Peng Jing?
    B: Peng Jing is ...
    C: Did you ever use your Peng Jing in a real street fight?

B: I didn't.
    C: Then it's only good for fighting in dreams.

B: I did.
    C: Show me a youtube clip. no clip -> never happened.

The deeper that you get yourself into any discussion, the more that you may just make a fool out of yourself.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-07-2011 at 06:12 PM.

B: Peng Jing is ...
    C: Did you ever use your Peng Jing in a real street fight?

B: I didn't.
    C: Then it's only good for fighting in dreams.

B: I did.
    C: Show me a youtube clip. no clip -> never happened.

The deeper that you get yourself into any discussion, the more that you may just make a fool out of yourself.

you have a excellent point according to your logic. however, that is not the only logic in this world.

also, Peng Jing is a type of physical phenomenon. youtube or not it is there.

now, get back to the subject, what is that physical phenomenon which is called Peng Jing in Chinese?

According to

陈氏太极拳所说的掤劲,就是一般拳家所说的内劲。洪均生先生认为:太极拳的内劲,是指螺旋运动 的顺、逆互变 ,持久锻炼自然产生的,能在内里变化的缠丝劲。陈发科先生称这种劲为掤劲。

for me, it is just describing a spiral expanding outward trajectory force. youtube or not figthing or not fighting everyone using it at one time or another.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-07-2011 at 06:05 PM.

explain peng jing, wing chun man.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    ... a spiral expanding outward trajectory force...
    Don't say that I didn't warn you. In a shallow forum like this, it's safe to have just shallow discussion like the following:

B: Peng Jing is the force that can be used to beat the sh!t out of you.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-07-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Don't say that I didn't warn you. In a shallow forum like this, it's safe to have just shallow discussion like the following:

B: Peng Jing is the force that can be used to beat the sh!t out of you.

Good advise, thanks!

Alaska. http://jadedragonalaska.yolasite.com/

Talking Fluid Dynamics / Hydraulics

Hydraulics does involve fluids, and has some fluid dynamics computationals related, but is not fluid dynamics.

Hydraulics Definition
    'Study of liquids at rest and in motion, specially under pressure, and application of that knowledge in design and control of machines. In comparison, pneumatics is concerned with gases and their behavior under pressure.'

From: http://www.businessdictionary.com/de...ydraulics.html

Hydraulics
    'The branch of engineering that focuses on the practical problems of collecting, storing, measuring, transporting, controlling, and using water and other liquids. It differs from fluid mechanics, which is more theoretical and includes the study of gases as well as liquids; and from hydrology, which is the study of the properties, distribution, and circulation of the Earth's water.'

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/hydraulics#ixzz1Lp7psv8g

---------------

Definition of Fluid Dynamics:
    'Fluid dynamics is the study of fluids (liquids and gases) in motion, and the effect of the fluid motion on fluid boundaries, such as solid containers or other fluids. Fluid dynamics is a branch of fluid mechanics, and has a number of subdisciplines, including aerodynamics (the study of gases in motion) and hydrodynamics (liquids in motion). These fields are used in such wide-ranging fields as calculating forces and moments on aircraft, the mass flow of petroleum through pipelines, prediction of weather patterns, and even traffic engineering'

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Fluid_dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    No.
    I am an engineer, Bach in Mech Eng, speciality in pressure vessels and pressure piping.

So, obviously, fluid, steam, high temp and high pressure are things I know a "tad" about..
    Since you are confused between Fluid Dynamics and Hydraulics, perhaps you should request a refund of the cost of your engineering degree, it did not help you much.

Everyone here needs to be VERY clear about at least ONE thing.....

...the unbendable arm has NOTHING to do with strength and EVERYTHING to do with biomechanics. It is 100% technique/trick and 0% strength!

The same principle applies to the wrist under certain conditions. I used to deal with my arrogant Aikido partners by giving them an unbendable wrist to play with. It was a conundrum they just couldn't figure out! I had a blast messing with them! LOL!

Just another bunch of know-it-alls thinking they know about ki, but only know what they've been told and have read, and know nothing about it in actual practice!