Thread: Bai Ling's Next Role

Bai Ling's Next Role

She'll be appearing on Celbrity Rehab.
    Los Angeles, CA – June 7, 2011 – VH1 has once again partnered with Dr. Drew Pinsky for a fifth season of the hit reality series “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.” Similar to the first four cycles, the fifth season will follow the real-life experiences of celebrity patients undergoing detoxification and treatment at The Pasadena Recovery Center. This season will follow Michael Lohan (Celebrity Dad), Sean Young (“Blade Runner”), Dwight ‘Doc’ Gooden (baseball star), Amy Fisher (“Long Island Lolita”), Steven Adler (Guns ‘n Roses), Bai Ling (“The Crow”), Jessica ‘Sugar’ Kiper (Suvivor), and Jeremy Jackson (“Baywatch”) on their quest for sobriety. “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” is set to premiere Sunday, June 26th at 9PM on VH1.

This came up on my Shaolin newsfeed this morning

If you run it through an online translator, it disparages her outfit (but then glorifies it with the article ).

Vedeta din Shaolin Soccer se îmbracă deplorabil. Ţinuta din 2014 a fost un fiasco

Ultimul update Astăzi, 16:21
    Vedeta din Shaolin Soccer se îmbracă deplorabil. Ţinuta din 2014 a fost un fiasco 2 imagini http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/...81/2/bai-3.jpg

Bai Ling, actriţaa care a devenit cunoscută prin intermediul Shaolin Soccer, a fost desemnată de americani drept persoana publică din 2014 care a avut cea mai neinspirată apariţie.

Prezentă în toamnă la Festivalul de Film Experimental, chinezoaica a avut o apariţie bizară. Bai Ling a stârnit controverse cu apariţia ei pe covorul roşu, vedeta a purtat în partea de sus un sutien care abia dacă i-a acoperit sânii, iar în partea de jos o fustă croşetată, transparentă. Zona intimă a fost "vedeta" ţinutei, fiind pusă în evidenţă de floarea roşie şi bogată cu care era mascată.

În vârstă de 48 de ani, Bai Ling nu e la prima experienţă de acest gen. Ea s-a mai făcut de râs, după ce a apărut extrem de sumar îmbrăcată la premiera noului ei film, "The Key".

No wonder she got kicked out of the Jedi order. Maybe she'll be in the new series - she'd make a great sith lord.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

See what I mean? Total Sith Lord

For those that don't remember, Bai Ling was supposed to be the first Asian in Star Wars, a Jedi no less, until she turned to the dark side....

I would love to get a copy of this issue and surreptitiously swap it out with one of the back issues on our wall.

Bai Ling continues to prove she’s incredibly desperate as she pulls RIDICULOUS poses at the airport
    12:42, 28 January 2015
    By Fay Strang

The 48-year-old is no stranger to making sure all eyes are on her

Bai Ling having fun at LAX airport in Los Angeles after arriving from Atlantic City

Well, well, well just when we thought Bai Ling couldn’t be any more of an attention seeker she goes a little cray cray at the airport in LA.

Yup, she chose the slightly unusual location of LAX as her stage to pull a whole host of ridiculous poses.

Her play acting is even more eye catching because of her bizarre airport attire.

Bai acts like she's on a photoshoot in LAX

Instead of keeping it comfy she’s wearing a pair of floral leggings with a red lacy basque and killer heels.

Completing the look she’s wearing bright red shades, so even if she wasn’t running about the place posing with the various airport props we’re pretty sure we’d still see the joker,

But sorry what’s that? You haven’t got a clue who this lady is?

Feeling sleepy?

Well ladies and gentleman – this is Bai, the Chinese born American actress.

You may have seen her in The Crow, Red Corner, Crank: High Voltage, Three... Extremes, Wild Wild West or maybe on Lost or Entourage?

Still don’t know who she is? Never mind.

Here’s an added fact for you: In 2008 she was arrested at LAX (she loves the place) for shoplifting two magazines and a pack of batteries.

She pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace and paid a fine of $200.

That's an interesting airport look
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

amazing fashion moments from actress Bai Ling

Bai Ling Wears a Gold Dragon at the MTV Movie Awards
    Lauren Tuck News Editor
    April 12, 2015

The MTV Movie Awards is like the Oscars for millenials (and younger). Instead of American Sniper and Boyhood being the darlings of the night, The Hunger Games, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Fault in Our Stars are instead the stars. With pretty young things such as Shailene Woodley, Jennifer Lawrence, and Emma Stone all nominated, not only was the light blue (not red) carpet a place for them to shine, but it also enabled amazing fashion moments from actress Bai Ling in a dragon dress, Amy Schumer in a LBD, and Charli XCX in a gingham wrap trench.
    She really needs to make Kung Fu films. She's already got the costumes nailed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Happy CNY from Bai Ling

She's 49 now? wow.

Bai Ling dresses up in fuzzy pink monkeys and nothing else to celebrate CNY

Chinese American actress Bai Ling -- known mainly for finding new and innovative ways to just barely conceal her private parts, has really outdone herself for CNY this year. Check out this Facebook post:

Bai Ling
    about a week ago

‪#‎actress‬ ‪#‎Bailing‬ ‪#‎celebrate‬ her ‪#‎chinesenewyear‬ the year of ‪#‎monkey‬ with her ‪#‎super‬ ‪#‎hot‬ ‪#‎pink‬ new ‪#‎fashion‬ monkey ‪#‎bra‬ in beverlyHills going to a monkey Chinese party 😜👍🎥🎬 💋💋 haha it's crazy I know but it's the monkey wild mischievous fun spirit for the ‪#‎newer‬ 2016 hope you like it😁👏 the ‪#‎news‬ got to ‪#‎china‬ allover the ‪#‎internet‬ wow so crazy many ‪#‎paparazzi‬ have long lens in the car just driving around in ‪#‎beverlyhills‬ trying to catch action crazy I saw one, but did not see this one who take this ‪#‎photo‬ but my Chinese friend got it to me from Chinese Internet can't have your own ‪#‎privacy‬ anymore 😇😱😝
    More to come in the morning 💋💋
    We aren't entirely sure, but we think that she may be trying to communicate the fact that photos of her posing in tasteful fluffy pink monkey underwear have gone viral in China during CNY.
    To stand out more, maybe David Cameron should try this route in 2016:

Apparently this is how she celebrates most holidays, sadly no Presidents Day pics though:

Bai Ling is now 49 years old, just one year younger than China's hottest grandmother:

[Images via Facebook]
    Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Alex Linder in News on Feb 17, 2016 6:30 PM
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bai Ling is still at it

Gotta hand it to her for keeping it up into her 50s.

Uproar after Hollywood actress known for her anti-China comments starred in Chinese documentary to promote Communism

Bai Ling appeared in a Chinese TV show to express love to Communism
    The 55-year-old had been known for her anti-China comments in the past
    Chinese public and media were enraged by her role and called it 'an insult'
    The producers have removed her part and Bai had issued a public apology

By TRACY YOU FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 12:38 EST, 4 November 2016 | UPDATED: 10:25 EST, 7 November 2016

The Chinese public and media have voiced anger after an American actress who is known for her anti-China comments appeared in a state-produced TV show to promote patriotism.
    Bai Ling, a Chinese-born actress, had in the past openly criticised the Chinese officials and were reportedly banned from returning to her motherland.
    Many people in China have questioned the authority's decision to use the 55-year-old actress in a wartime documentary broadcast by a state television station.

Bai Ling has been in hot water after she appeared in a documentary to promote Communism

The actress is known among the Chinese public for her anti-China comments. Chinese media and web users considered her role in the TV show 'an insult' to Communist history

Bai Ling posted a picture of her wearing the Red Army uniform (pictured) together with a public apology in the wake of the uproar

According to Chinese media, Ms Bai appeared in an eight-episode documentary aired on China Central Television Station.
    The show is devoted to the Long March, a large-scale military retreat undertaken by the Communist Party of China during their war against Kuomingtang between 1934 and 1936.
    The sixth episode sparked an outpouring of criticism on Chinese social media after it featured Bai Ling on October 22.
    The public were stunned that a patriotic documentary should cast an actress who had taken part in 'anti-China films' and made 'anti-China comments'.
    The television station was forced to remove the episode from its website and later re-posted a new show without Ms Bai's part, reported China Digital Times.
    China Digital Times posted the screen grabs of the deleted scenes, which showed that Ms Bai was invited to re-live the Long March by walking along part of route and discussing her thoughts.
    Weibo, a Chinese social media platform similar to Twitter, was filled with angry comments by users who were shocked by the idea.
    One influential Weibo user named 'Du Jianguo', who has more than 180,000 followers, wrote on October 23: 'CCTV should have invited someone with no moral and artistic standards, ugly on the outside and inside [to play a role] in The Long March.
    'This is not to promote the Long March, it is to insult the Long March.'
    The post has since been removed, a move thought to be done under the pressure of Chinese censors.

China's Central Television station was forced to remove the episode from its website and later re-posted a new show without Ms Bai's part

Born in Chengdu in 1961, Ms Bai moved to America in 1990 for school and started her acting career after graduating from the New York University

Not only were the web users stunned, China's state media have also expressed fury over the casting.
    Global Times, a state-run newspaper, published a column on October 26 saying the decision to use Bai Ling was 'an insult to a great historic event'.
    The article sided with the public in condemning Ms Bai.
    It wrote: 'Bai Ling moved to the America in 1990s, made a living among the low class in Hollywood and took quite a few nude pictures.
    '[She] has also taken part in the films which were politically disagreeable with China and has even "stolen goods at an airport".'
    The article also promotes Chinese TV producers to learn from the 'mistake'.
    On October 25, Ms Bai, who is American, posted a public letter on her Weibo account, expressing her total devotion to China and apologising to the show's producers for the criticism her role had drawn.
    Along with the letter, she posted a picture showing her posing in a military uniform worn by the Communist soldiers during the Long March.
    The post suggested that the actress consider her new career development in China a new lease of life.
    Ms Bai told the Chinese public in the letter: 'Your passion and sincerity in expressing your nationalism has moved me deeply.
    'Because of you, I can say proudly: "Chinese people are the greatest people in the world, just like our Red Army soldiers who scarified themselves to fulfill their duty for revolution, for just and for their country."'

BAI LING: THE CONTROVERSIAL AMERICAN-CHINESE ACTRESS
    Bai Ling was born in Chengdu, south-west China, in 1961 to a music teacher father and a dancer mother.
    She moved to America in 1990 for school and started her acting career after graduating from the New York University.
    In 1997, she starred opposite Richard Gere in Red Corner, a thriller film about an American businessman who ended up being wrongfully trialled for murder during a business trip to China.
    Red Corner was critical of human rights abuse in China, which reportedly led Ms Bai to lose her Chinese citizenship and become banned from going back to her country.
    She also claimed to have been sexually abused at the hands of Chinese army officers when she served as a soldier at People's Liberation Army from 14 to 17 years old.
    She has also appeared in Anna and the King, Shaolin Soccer and Shanghai Baby.
    Source: Stuff.co.nz, Bai Ling Weibo

Ms Bai wrote to her 180,000 social media followers: 'I love China. I love Chinese culture'

In the apology, she also said: 'Every bit of merits and wisdom on me was given by the Chinese culture and the land I grew up on'

Ms Bai added: 'I love China. I love Chinese culture. I often say, every bit of merits and wisdom on me was given by the Chinese culture and the land I grew up on.
    'I am proud of China. I am proud of the spirit of Long March.
    'I apologise to you because I love you and our country.'
    It's unclear how Bai had returned to China to film The Long March if she had been blacklisted by the country.
    MailOnline has reached out to Bai Ling for comments.
    According to China.com, The Long March was released by the Military Programme Centre at the China Central Television Station to mark the 80th anniversary of the completion of Long March.
    The documentary's producers are yet to release a statement regarding Ms Bai and the outcry brought by her role.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips