Thread: Mind Power

Hmm, I don't know about that one....

I didn't read the article, but I've heard that thinking about exercise fires the same neurons as actually doing the exercise. It could be why thinking about a big lift for weeks before the competition day, for example, actually helps you do better when you compete.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I believe that is true. An excellent book on the subject of the power of your mind and visualization is Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr Maxwell Maltz

I didn't read the article, but I've heard that thinking about exercise fires the same neurons as actually doing the exercise.
    Yeah, a lot of top athletes swear by it. I wonder if performing a visualization routine would be a good complement to lifting and other activities. You would be "rehearsing" without all the mental and physical stress. I should really give this a try and see what effects it has...

I would agree that visualization and the subsequent quality of your performance are connected. Certainly. But I think the article is stating something altogether different.

Then again, there's a lot in this world I don't know about, so who am I to judge. It's an interesting article; thanks for posting it up.

I would really recommend that book that mentioned earlier-"Psychocybernetics" by Dr. Maxwell Maltz. It can be beneficial in any aspect of your life whether the martial arts, weightlifting, making a speech or whatever-it is really powerful. I just checked and there are 678 copies availble on abebooks.com starting at $1.00.