I don't even like baijiu that much but I think I could still ace this exam.

College students forced to drink baijiu in exam preparing them for horrors of the real world

Drinking is one of the important parts of Chinese business culture and to succeed in life, you gotta learn that young.
At least that is the logic of some professors at Anshun Vocational Technical College in Guizhou, who recently gave students majoring in traditional Chinese medicine a special kind of examination.
"You're all going to do sales jobs after graduation, drinking baijiu is the thing you must learn!" a teacher surnamed Gu told students, NetEase reports.
On the exam table, there were no test papers or pencils, only some strong Chinese alcohol and dozens of plastic cups.The students were graded based on the amount of alcohol they managed to gulp down: 100 for a whole cup, 90 for a half cup and 60 for just a sip. Students who refused to take a drink were failed.

In case you are fortunately unaware of this hellish mixture, baijiu is a type of strong distilled Chinese liquor made from grain, generally with an alcohol content from 40% to 60%. Along with greasing the wheels of business deals across China, it is also the beverage of choice for Brazilian drivers, irresponsible officials and emotional kidnappers.

It appears as though some of the teachers also wanted to put their skills to test as well.

By Liting Lin
[Images via NetEase]
Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
By Shanghaiist in News on Apr 14, 2016 8:30 PM