Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advanced Tiger/Crane form...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    he has a sexy student instructor. her name dixie cokrane. her first and last names have penus

im masterbating to her tai chi page right now
    the other female instructor's name is "Grabhorn", lol...

well, I also once knew a TKD instructor named Mike Hunt (just say it out loud...)

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Brule , the Sifu in the Youtube video clip , do you know who his sifu is ?
    There is no such thing as advance Tiger / crane form , this sifu subtracted some moves , from the original tiger and crane set . Other Hung Gar Sifus might be laughing already .
    Lance,

No, i don't know who he or his sifu is. Just posting the video i saw at another forum. I also wanted to hear what others views were in terms of what kung fu means to them and using this video as a showcase of what the avg person might think kung fu is compared to what an experienced MA feels.

Step!!
    Last edited by Brule; 06-17-2011 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to call out.... Step!!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeah..(sigh) that is the Tiger/Crane form of Hung-Ga...although performed incredibly poorly.
    and, Yes...we are laughing.

It seems that he learned from a book-knows all the names by heart...step.
    But all the movements are performed incorrectly-structure, alignment, power issueing, etc all wrong.
    The kay-lin bo is especially entertaining.

"one hand asks a question?"
    I have a question.
    WTF is THAT?!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I have a question.
    WTF is THAT?!
    perhaps it might be a GROSS misunderstanding of the movement "gihk jeung maan faht" - "clap the palms to question the Buddha" ( I guess you did that instead of raising your hand back then?); I don't know...it's the best bone I can throw the man...

edit:

oops, sorry, forgot:

...step!
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 06-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Here's my hypothesis: I'm guessing that school's main instructor learnt from Jerry Cook. Looks like it. From stumbling across Jerry Cook's comments on youtube it seems that years back he managed to learn fu hok from Buck Sam Kong (as to why he didn't seem to learn gung gee or other groundings first who knows)... Doesn't seem like a prolonged learning practice. Seems JC then took what he knew of fu hok & watered it down into sections, calling them such as "poison hands", errr... ;seems he probably got names translated from those Lam Sai Wing books & there you go... a lack of understanding of the full hung kyun system watered down, stretched out from one form, filled out with translated "poem names" to make it seem substantial to the layman, & then spread badly without foundation to whoever, result in what we have there today...

You don't need to be a hung kuen sifu to be laughing at this one, all you need to be is breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    You don't need to be a hung kuen sifu to be laughing at this one, all you need to be is breathing.
    Apparently not because he does have a number of students there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Apparently not because he does have a number of students there.
    Sad when you think about it. They probably don't know any better. At least I hope they don't know any better.

"Master" Gohring's website lists his teachers and it's clear that, though he's studied with many people, he hasn't trained in any one thing too extensively. By the marketing style of the website, it seems like a "gongfu for normal people" type of school. I don't have a problem with people "casually" practicing gongfu, but I think you can still have the expectation of quality instruction. My girlfriend practices chen taiji extremely casually but her taiji is way better than the **** on Gohring's youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    yeah..(sigh) that is the Tiger/Crane form of Hung-Ga...although performed incredibly poorly.
    and, Yes...we are laughing.

It seems that he learned from a book-knows all the names by heart...step.
    But all the movements are performed incorrectly-structure, alignment, power issueing, etc all wrong.
    The kay-lin bo is especially entertaining.

I have a question.
    WTF is THAT?!
    really. well, you would know better than I.
    Kung Fu is good for you.