Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: For Gene and the mods...

Its not that you are a jerk, its also that you are not smart. I hope you go away. I hope David Ross also goes away. In this way we can have real discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    Its not that I am a jerk, its also that I am not smart. I should go away.
    Fixed to reflect reality.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Like I said, if there are specific guidelines on what is "unacceptable derailment" please point those of us whom you think are guilty of this to those guidelines.
    when you signed up for the forum you accepted the rule statement about "civil" discussion.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Personally, if sumone starts to derail a thread i find it pretty easy tomignore what they post; sure it can b inconvenient, but it's a public forum: the price u pay for a diverse base of opinion is to hav to tolerate things like that;

What I don't get is why sumone who doesn't practice or believe in IP wud come onto a TCMA forum to belabor the point; im not saying they r wrong, I just don't get the motivation; it's not like they practice IP and hav sum issues w it and so r arguing about how to advance IP training - they just dismiss it; again, mayb they make a good case, but why? What possible benefit cud they derive?

Similarly, those who come on here to "defend"'tradition and route the sell outs: they need to get their heads out of the 13th c and realize that things evolve in ways they may not like,'but that doesn't mean it's a negative thing - but they r just too wrapped up in their ba gua diagrams to notice...

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Plenty of so called TCMA people on this board fit this description. Just so it rains on both sides of the ball, can we ban them also
    Yes.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    How about we TCMA lovers all unit together (hope WC guys can join in too). If anyone shows any dis-respect to TCMA, we will all be on that guy's ass, and show that person what a real trolling suppose to look like.
    there are 2 main reasons for me to be on line

1. listen to music from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7Ceb5TP58

2. post some info tidbits in kung fu related forums.

after staying and reading any forums for a while

you learn to sieve thru all the posts and find something constructive or informative to post.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    I am a jerk, I am also not smart. I should go away.
    In this way we can have real discussions.
    fixed for truth

PS: if you think I am going away HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

it isn't going to happen
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by kc elbows View Post
    also, i have on good authority that lucas is buying ninja gear from a competitor of the superior purveyor of products, martial arts mart.
    LIIEEESS!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Wait, so you mean Bruce Lee didn't actually teach Manny Pacquaio how to Wing Chun?

I am so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Wait, so you mean Bruce Lee didn't actually teach Manny Pacquaio how to Wing Chun?

I am so confused.
    it was the ghost of bruce lee and he taught him iron palm
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    fixed for truth

PS: if you think I am going away HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

it isn't going to happen

Clearly, you have nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I'm not one to report people. Nor am I a big practitioner of many types of ip. However, I have found some interest in the topic from some recent posts by various constructive members, and, given that this is a kung fu forum, it seems like we should be able to discuss it without all of us having to answer for any one practitioner's views on it.

That said, it has been some time since we could discuss the topic without someone against it trolling to attract the more extreme people, and derailing the topic.

There are currently five or so threads on the topic. One already saw the reasonable members opting out and the thread starter closing the thread due to faxiawhatever. Who is now working on another one.

I am not placing demands, I am simply stating that this topic on the whole has been trolled to death in the last year, such that most reasonable members who know anything useful are forced to opt out of the thread, and this isn't good for the forum.

I will not be able to be on most of this week. I just want you let you know about what's going on. If the threads stay civil and don't get derailed from one or two member's agendas, great. But I really would love to check in when my work schedule lays off and be able to read more cool stuff about this practice in kung fu, and it's been a loooooong time since that was even an option on an ip thread.

I do not have a problem with them starting new topics off of tangents that come up in the threads at hand, no big deal. I also think its great that faxiawhatever was able to raise so much interest in ip on the forum.

With this renewed interest, I think it would be good if some threads were driven by those who actually practice it.

Have a good one.

KC Elbows
    Who comes to a martial arts forum to avoid hostility?

The one redeeming quality about this place is that amidst all the chaos the disccusion still manages to be, at times, informative, civil, erudite to the point of pedantry and moderately humorous. That is, for a bunch of figure skating, sequined silk wearing, glorified kickboxing, sexually marginalized Asian fetishist LARPERs.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    figure skating, sequined silk wearing, glorified kickboxing, sexually marginalized Asian fetishist LARPERs.
    is that an official title? and can you make me a patch for my gi?

All parties involved in this latest forum squabble should realize that, ever since Al Gore invented the Internets... crap around similar forums have noticed some weird anomalies , surges and spikes of "From behind the monitor death ninjas and rabid trolls. Please, let's all take a deep breath, count to 10 and sing Kumbaya!!

and now for something completely different!!

when did storm start sporting a mullet?
    Kung Fu is good for you.