Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jow for iron palm conditioning- needed, waste of time, or counterproductive?

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post

4) IP delivers a harder hit than non-IP.

5) I will demonstrate #4 on OP anytime within my tri-state area.
    How will this demonstration work? What are the guidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    How will this demonstration work? What are the guidelines?

I'm going to give you about five minutes to compose youself.

Then I'm going to bridge into your personal space, strike you for effect, break your balance, attempt a throw, then wreck your atlas vertebrae.

In that order.

You'd better show up after PM ing me.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    I'm going to give you about five minutes to compose youself.

Then I'm going to bridge into your personal space, strike you for effect, break your balance, attempt a throw, then wreck your atlas vertebrae.

In that order.

You'd better show up after PM ing me.
    Oh, it's a full-on fight. Lots of bone-breaking. Sounds good.

Oh, it's a full-on fight. Lots of bone-breaking. Sounds good.

I can travel within reason....
    Quote:

at this point I'd just like add: 'never going to happen'. please refer back to this post for reassurance as required...

Good jow has lots of stuff going on with it. Jow isn't meant to strengthen bone though, that is what the actually Iron Palm is supposed to be for. Jow is meant to "pull away" the soreness. Basically, and basically mind you, like any other Analgesic cream for such injuries...Icy-Hot, Tiger Balm, Bengay, Aspercream, or heell even some different kinds of vasolines...

For example the "hot" sensation, from lets say Camphor, relaxes and opens up the blood vessels around the affected area, new blood circulates through, and the bruise flows out with the 'non-stagnant' blood flow. While the Eucalyptus numbs the pain with its 'cold' sensation.

That isn't the best scientific explanation, but jow does work.

We do a somewhat similar treatement here in the 'West' for basic sports injuries. Hot- cold treatement...Put your hand in hot water, then put a ice pack on it, and so on...

A lot of Chienese teachers believe that this causes arthritis though, from "Fung Sup."

I guarantee your hits won't be nearly as hard as a pro boxer.BTW, if you hit me, I will absolutely be hitting you also.
    You sound just like Dale (Knifefighter). You'ere acting like a Baby. What is wrong with a scientific experiment to help you understand IP. The idea is not to see if I can hit harder that a boxer, the idea is to let you feel my hand. I would not try and hurt you, I would hit with a small amount of force.

Have you ever heard of the Ciggarette patch: Absorbs thru the skin.

Have you ever heard of Female contrception patch: Absorbs thru the skin.

The idea is not that skin absorbtion is better that oral ingestion, the idea is the skin CAN absorb products.

Your initial querry: Is Jow needed or not?

I do not have any scientific proof that it is effective, but I have a whole communty of people that claim it has worked for them.

ginosifu

ps don't call me a "DUDE" you sound like a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    at this point I'd just like add: 'never going to happen'. please refer back to this post for reassurance as required...

You heard it here first, folks.
    Quote:

Interesting to have yet another net ghost drone on and on about nothing but keeps posting.

Let me know how I can be of service.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Stop the silly internet challenges guys.

As for this thread:

Look, it's an honest question.
    Nowadays is IP training valid anymore, outside of tradition?
    The answer is NO.
    Why?
    Simple:

In the past, because of lack of protective gear and lack of softer substances for hitting, excessive conditioning of the hand was needed.
    That is NOT the case anymore.
    IT IS NOT NEEDED.
    Pro fighters currently, and typically, hit harder than fighters of the past ( exceptions aside of course).
    They are better trained and because of protective gear, can develop their striking power and fighting skills better and quicker than in the past.

That said, is their a place for IP training?
    YES.
    The typical answer is tradition and there is nothing wrong with that.
    The other answer is that, for some, they want a type of condtioning that is "beyond" the standard, for whatever reason.
    And IP training COUPLED with typical bag.pad and sparring training, will do just that.

To each their own.

As for Jow:
    Yes, it works, anyone that has used it KNOWS it works.
    Their are even "jows" used in the FMA to help with the bruises from stick fighting.
    Arnaica Gel is an example of a "jow" that most people are familiar with.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Me being naive here but is Arnaica Gel mentioned by SR readily avaliable or is this another homemande type of jow?

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Me being naive here but is Arnaica Gel mentioned by SR readily avaliable or is this another homemande type of jow?
    Its a bruise/soar muscle gel you can get at any pharmacy or homeopathic store.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    arnica tincture can be procured easily. It is arnica montana or leopards bane and it has bruise healing qualities. It will relieve a bruise in 1/3 the time.

It is super toxic. do not ingest.

as an aside. a typical hematoma takes about 10-14 days to clear naturally and without medicine or massage will leave behind the scar tissue from healing the wound.

with dit da jow or tinctures etc, the bruise will clear in a few days only and will not leave the scar tissue behind because the herbs, massage and alcohol help to re-absorb the dead blood into the body.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Is it useful in getting rid of scar tissue from surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post

Good jow has lots of stuff going on with it. Jow isn't meant to strengthen bone though, that is what the actually Iron Palm is supposed to be for. Jow is meant to "pull away" the soreness. Basically, and basically mind you, like any other Analgesic cream for such injuries...Icy-Hot, Tiger Balm, Bengay, Aspercream, or heell even some different kinds of vasolines...

For example the "hot" sensation, from lets say Camphor, relaxes and opens up the blood vessels around the affected area, new blood circulates through, and the bruise flows out with the 'non-stagnant' blood flow. While the Eucalyptus numbs the pain with its 'cold' sensation. "
    I think if you read most college level textbooks on human physiology, you will find that putting external rubs does nothing to change blood flow.