Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jow for iron palm conditioning- needed, waste of time, or counterproductive?

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Is it useful in getting rid of scar tissue from surgery?
    not your daily use bruise medicine no.

how old is the scar?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    I think if you read most college level textbooks on human physiology, you will find that putting external rubs does nothing to change blood flow.

I didn't know Devry offered courses in Pharmacokinetics.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    not your daily use bruise medicine no.

how old is the scar?
    9 months...

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post

Have you ever heard of the Ciggarette patch: Absorbs thru the skin.

Have you ever heard of Female contrception patch: Absorbs thru the skin.

The idea is not that skin absorbtion is better that oral ingestion, the idea is the skin CAN absorb products.
    Are some things absorbed through the skin? Absolutely. I mentioned DMSO as one. Some medications (far from all) are absorbed.

Most things are not in any appreciable amounts.

You sound just like Dale (Knifefighter). You'ere acting like a Baby. What is wrong with a scientific experiment to help you understand IP. The idea is not to see if I can hit harder that a boxer, the idea is to let you feel my hand. I would not try and hurt you, I would hit with a small amount of force.
    This does beg the obvious question:

Why don't you simply step into an MMA gym close to you and post a clip of you going a few rounds of boxing with one or two of the fighters there? It should be a simple thing for you to demonstrate your power punching in a few rounds of that.

That's the simplest, quickest and easiest way for you to show a realistic demo of your IP abilities.

Having someone standing there while you hit them without hurting them doesn't show anything.

Here's an interesting clip of guy who was claiming he could hit especially hard and was supposedly able to avoid being hit himself. He decided to do what I am suggesting anyone do who feels the need to demonstrate their abilities in this area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQiPRUu7b0

It usually doesn't take long for people find out, their "hard punching" wasn't quite as hard as they thought is was.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    you can pick up a good arnica gel at GNC. It comes in a plastic squeeze bottle or tube-it's orange. I use it on sore muscles, bruises, strains, etc.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

This does beg the obvious question:

Why don't you simply step into an MMA gym close to you and post a clip of you going a few rounds of boxing with one or two of the fighters there? It should be a simple thing for you to demonstrate your power punching in a few rounds of that.

That's the simplest, quickest and easiest way for you to show a realistic demo of your IP abilities.

Having someone standing there while you hit them without hurting them doesn't show anything.
    You're not getting it. Whether I can fight or not, is not the question. If I have no MMA / San Shou skills, when I get in ring I will get killed whether I have IP or not. We are not trying to determine how well I can fight.

Just because a person learns IP does not necessarily make them a good fighter. You can have the hardest hands in the world and if don't know how to fight, you will still get beat up.

Getting back to my point... just to demonstrate that a persons hands are denser does not mean getting in the ring....

small example:

One time I was in a seminar with Sifu Wing Lam. We were talking about training and arm conditioning. To demonstrate, Wing Lam took his forearm and whacked my arm a little. It felt like his arm was made of a lead pipe wrapped in rubber. It was so thick, I could feel the power. Right then and there I knew if I would be hit by this arm it "Could" cause damage. We did not have to get into the ring and fight. There was no death match. He proved his point just with a demonstration. Again why is so hard for you to except a demonstration like this? I have no need to hurt you. Why must you get all defensive and act like a wuss?

If you take 2 fighters with equal ability / same size / same strength (approximately) and they both train in any MA ( whether it be boxing, Kung Fu, MMA). They both do bag work, both do ring ring time, both are taught good structure and how to punch properly. However 1 is adds additional IP training, the IP will have a bit more punching power because his hands are a bit more denser than the other.. Common sense.

ginosifu
    Last edited by ginosifu; 06-15-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Here's an interesting clip of guy who was claiming he could hit especially hard and was supposedly able to avoid being hit himself. He decided to do what I am suggesting anyone do who feels the need to demonstrate their abilities in this area.

It usually doesn't take long for people find out, their "hard punching" wasn't quite as hard as they thought is was.
    Here's one for you.

All humans, to the last are weak, small, defenseless in their natural state.
    The only thing a human can box or fight is another human.

Humans are for the most part physically incapable of effective combat on any level in their natural state.

Mind is key.

Contest fighting is actually the equivalent of a form of masturbation. It gives pleasure to some, is boring for others and has no result, no real benefit and no real world changing outcome.

when we really make war on each other, we don't box or make contest. We look for the most devastating and decisive attack we can and apply it. These days, that comes in the forms of shelling and bombing.

Use of swords or sticks or throwing items is quaint and thoroughly antiquated.
    sport fighting is meaningless.

I train because it is something that interests me as I pass my time here in this world. That's the only real reason for training. Anything else is deluded in many ways.

I make no apologies for that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I wonder how much he could bench press?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

One time I was in a seminar with Sifu Wing Lam. We were talking about training and arm conditioning. To demonstrate, Wing Lam took his forearm and whacked my arm a little. It felt like his arm was made of a lead pipe wrapped in rubber. It was so thick, I could feel the power. Right then and there I knew if I would be hit by this arm it "Could" cause damage. We did not have to get into the ring and fight. There was no death match. He proved his point just with a demonstration. Again why is so hard for you to except a demonstration like this? I have no need to hurt you. Why must you get all defensive and act like a wuss?

If you take 2 fighters with equal ability / same size / same strength (approximately) and they both train in any MA ( whether it be boxing, Kung Fu, MMA). They both do bag work, both do ring ring time, both are taught good structure and how to punch properly. However 1 is adds additional IP training, the IP will have a bit more punching power because his hands are a bit more denser than the other.. Common sense.

ginosifu
    I've already agreed that punching hard things makes ones hands harder. You'll get no argument from me there.

You want to condition your hands to break things or to have harder bones? Fine. I have no debate with that.

However, as you said, it doesn't translate to fighting. In a fighting context, the guy who does IP training is not going to have more punching power. Punching power in a fighting context comes from the guy who has better technique for developing and delivering power in that context.

One time I was in a seminar with Sifu Wing Lam. We were talking about training and arm conditioning. To demonstrate, Wing Lam took his forearm and whacked my arm a little. It felt like his arm was made of a lead pipe wrapped in rubber. It was so thick, I could feel the power. Right then and there I knew if I would be hit by this arm it "Could" cause damage. We did not have to get into the ring and fight. There was no death match. He proved his point just with a demonstration.
    That proved nothing, other than the fact that he had you "convinced" about something there was no real evidence for, other than the fact that he had a hard forearm... it's called the psyche-out and people have been using since the beginning of time.

I've seen plenty of people who were "hard" and intimidating in "demonstration mode", who couldn't apply anything in a full-contact setting.

I've already agreed that punching hard things makes ones hands harder. You'll get no argument from me there.

You want to condition your hands to break things or to have harder bones? Fine. I have no debate with that.

However, as you said, it doesn't translate to fighting. In a fighting context, the guy who does IP training is not going to have more punching power. Punching power in a fighting context comes from the guy who has better technique for developing and delivering power in that context.
    The point, as it relates to fighting, is that the conditioned hand fighter ( or IP guy if you prefer) will have less concern about hitting hard without protection.
    Now, that said I know many boxers that I bounced with that had no concerns about doing that either, LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The point, as it relates to fighting, is that the conditioned hand fighter ( or IP guy if you prefer) will have less concern about hitting hard without protection.

Now, that said I know many boxers that I bounced with that had no concerns about doing that either, LOL !
    The second part of your statement kind of disqualifies the first part, don't you think.

I've never known any boxer or mma guy who had any concern about hitting hard without protection in a street fight. Most people hit as hard as they can in that situation. The last thing they are worried about is if their hand might hurt afterwards.

Yes this is true... Punching power is derived thru proper training, structure etc etc. However, punching power can be increased if you're hands are denser (If you already know how to hit properly). And Mean denser thru IP training.

All styles should teach proper punching structure. All styles should have some type of bag work. All styles have ring time. I don't care if you are doing Boxing, Kung Fu, MMA, Karate, BBJ whatever.

Not every style needs to add IP to there system but, don't knock peeps who put it in theirs. It is basically a different type of Conditioning.

ginosifu