Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

Afghanistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/05/wo...gewanted=print

"U.S. Admits Role in February Killing of Afghan Women
    By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.

KABUL, Afghanistan — After initially denying involvement or any cover-up in the deaths of three Afghan women during a badly bungled American Special Operations assault in February, the American-led military command in Kabul admitted late on Sunday that its forces had, in fact, killed the women during the nighttime raid.

The admission immediately raised questions about what really happened during the Feb. 12 operation — and what falsehoods followed — including a new report that Special Operations forces dug bullets out of the bodies of the women to hide the true nature of their deaths.

A NATO official also said Sunday in an interview that an Afghan-led team of investigators had found signs of evidence tampering at the scene, including the removal of bullets from walls near where the women were killed. "

"NATO military officials had already admitted killing two innocent civilians — a district prosecutor and local police chief — during the raid, on a home near Gardez in southeastern Afghanistan. The two men were shot to death when they came out of their home, armed with Kalashnikov rifles, to investigate.

Three women also died that night at the same home: One was a pregnant mother of 10 and another was a pregnant mother of six. NATO military officials had suggested that the women were actually stabbed to death — or had died by some other means — hours before the raid, an explanation that implied that family members or others at the home might have killed them.

Survivors of the raid called that explanation a cover-up and insisted that American forces killed the women. Relatives and family friends said the bloody raid followed a party in honor of the birth of a grandson of the owner of the house. "
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

There's going to be some field grades going down over that one. I watched a full bird and a general be destroyed over Abu Ghraib. It's not a pretty sight, and they usually take people with them.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

The general consensus seems to be this was a clusterf*ck of amazing proportions.

I really really hope this other report I read turns out not to be true though...

"survivors of the raid said that the special operations forces denied the wounded medical treatment and prevented survivors from going to get medical help for an extended period of time, during which one of the women and one of the men who were mortally wounded died."
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Karzai is locking our asses down! Hehehe.... while it might not make the brass all too happy, I'm glad he's finally stepping up and being a leader.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

We are the worst generation to ever walk this earth.

Our leaders are all worthless with not an upright and righteous man or woman among them anywhere.

I am at a loss for how it can be corrected, but it certainly won't be politics and it sure as heck ain't war, or religion either.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Now there is supposedly a video of U.S. Military killing two Reuter’s reports along with some civilians. As reported by the Christian Science montor by wikiLeake.

We are the worst generation to ever walk this earth.
    War is just harder than it was in WWII, if you are making a comparison to the greatest generation. The enemy doesn’t wear uniforms and face you on the field of battle anymore. It’s a lot harder to tell who the bad guys are.

Shouldn't be trying to cover up our mistakes though.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 04-06-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Rule number 1:
    NEVER, EVER, cover anything up !

Rule number 2:
    NEVER, EVER forget rule number 1 !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    War is just harder than it was in WWII, if you are making a comparison to the greatest generation. The enemy doesn’t wear uniforms and face you on the field of battle anymore. It’s a lot harder to tell who the bad guys are.

Shouldn't be trying to cover up our mistakes though.
    Very true.

And no matter how we feel politically, we should give thanks to those who put their lives on the line so we are able to enjoy the freedoms we have.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Rule number 1:
    NEVER, EVER, cover anything up !

Rule number 2:
    NEVER, EVER forget rule number 1 !!
    What's that old saying? Something about the cover-up is often worse than the crime...
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Kandahar

Is dangerous.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Thank you for your enlightening us with this thread, Capt. Obvious!

So, does this mean that practicing Wing Chun out in the open, could get you stoned to death or just get your hands and feet chopped off?

how long are you there for???

any good stories???

edumacate us....

- I'm here for a year

- Nothing I can talk about

- I am really just trying to keep people alive long enough for them to change things, and giving them what they need to know to act against the threat (which is EVERYWHERE)

It's a very dangerous place here, and there are a lot of moving pieces by other "players".
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    - I'm here for a year

- Nothing I can talk about

- I am really just trying to keep people alive long enough for them to change things, and giving them what they need to know to act against the threat (which is EVERYWHERE)

It's a very dangerous place here, and there are a lot of moving pieces by other "players".
    Say hello to my countrymen and tell them we're sorry about the postal strike, cookies will resume as soon as possible!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Drake, I apologize for my previous post above..

I thank you for your service to our country, for putting your life on the line in the most hostile of countries. Now I know, something new about you and I'm humbled. Thanks for your service again and give the enemy Hell!!