Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: females in traditional chinese martial arts

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Does your wifey beat you for not doing it?
    no, she just has to look at me a certain way when I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    wow that is a nice wife. from what website can i purchase please?
    lol, we actually did "meet' online, it was a forum for osteopaths (I was studying in Toronto at the time - mayb I saw u on "Spadeena" St. once...)

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    I'm sorry I insulted you wife, please don't tell her. You are smart to marry a woman like her. Much respect.
    I'm sorry, and you are...?

King of the motha ficking mountian.

King of the motha ficking mountian.
    is that what they r calling the Randall Ave projects these days?

frank, you need to calm down and do some squats. it will make a man out of you

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

dont utter another word about my mother, you son of a beech.

why are you guys so mean?

Your wife is great and works 80 hours a week.

This is why you post many times. You need a concubine. Get a black one, they are better for your kidneys. Black chickens are the best. Black concubines aren't as pretty and really hard to find when the lights are out, but they have endurance and are good for your kung fu.

Russians are great, but they grow on you.

frank, you need to calm down and do some squats. it will make a man out of you

soundtrack

Lol Bawang is a test tube bebee!!!!
    Some people's kids!

other responses i never got to... although it looks like the tangent has taken off completely by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think the answer will vary depending on who you pose the
    Women do indeed have their place within the martial arts world. There have always been females interested in martial arts. Granted the vast majority of practitioners have been and currently are men, you do see a rising amount of women becoming interested in various forms of martial arts. I can share with you one aspect of insight our female counterparts can give us men; When a woman is practicing skill along side men who generally will outweight and out muscle her, she will be required to fall back on proper technique more than men will. And even as such, many times men will 'cheat' when working with a woman, because we can. There is a certain degree of refinement you see in women that is the product of this, often times required, element of training to succeed against a male counterpart in a competative training environment.
    lucas, i have a shifu in praying mantis style that told me about this subtlety that women have. i do think as the climate for females changes and more women participate, we'll begin to see even more awesome female martial artists (and they'll be less seen as outliers). thanks for your comment!

I really believe that women have higher potential in martial arts than men, but they need to be trained differently.

Women have an easier time ditching the ego, but a harder time with contact.
    i'm glad you see this "higher potential"... even though you've completely digressed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    from a "traditional" Chinese Martial Arts perspective, you should all be at home making babies...(the whole female equality thing comes from the Commies, sorry to say...)
    plus, re my response to bawang bout traditional...

finally,
    "traditional chinese values and culture" is used by some folks to explain the role of women in the past and how men (generally speaking) are the ancestors of traditional chinese martial arts. really, you only have ownership, under traditional values, if you were chinese and in the elite class. it was only fairly recently when white folks and common people were invited.

so, if you're going to talk about how women traditionally would be making babies and not doing martial arts, from a "traditional" CMA perspective, all non-chinese and non-elite class folks are also not invited... i think this would mean the vast majority of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jian View Post

from a "traditional" CMA perspective, all non-chinese and non-elite class folks are also not invited... i think this would mean the vast majority of us.
    it was mandatory for chinese farmers to practice martial arts

you got us chinese people confused with them samurais

Quote Originally Posted by Jian View Post
    it was only fairly recently when white folks and common people were invited.
    white people were invited to kung fu like the natives invited you to america
    Last edited by bawang; 06-16-2011 at 09:02 PM.

It doesn't matter, if people's minds are blocked you can show them diamonds and they think that is sand.

You show many whites American how things work and they either say, "no its about Atlantis and Mayas or they say, "Its savage bs" Cultural conditioning can get in the way of knowledge for everyone..

I saw a lady cure some serious diseases with chicken blood and a black egg. I don't know what the hell she did, but it worked. I still think it can't be true, but another part says, "hey stupid you saw it with your own eyes." I'm no different. This lady has diamonds and I'm unsure if its sand.

Did a European way of thinking free me or make me blind?

in traditional chinese training the teacher brutally beats his students. thats why women dont train kung fu

in the ancient chinese army if you lose in sparring too much you are tied up and whipped then expelled. how the hell can you expect women to train that?

general qijiguang wrote that his soldiers were so eager to cut the heads off of the fallen enemy he had to discipline them and assign specific people for head cutting. you think women can survive that world?
    Last edited by bawang; 06-16-2011 at 09:15 PM.

it was mandatory for chinese farmers to practice martial arts

you got us chinese people confused with them samurais

white people were invited to kung fu like the natives invited you to america
    ok, so the problem with broad terminology like "traditional chinese martial arts" is in making any general statement with sweeping generalizations there will always be a wide variety of histories that is not included... i made the mistake myself. i'll hear you that there are grassroots arts and those that emerged from the common folk (just like the capoeristas who practiced secretly while slaves). thanks for sharing that piece of history.

in that case, then "traditional chinese martial arts" broadly speaking can't be spoken of to exclude women to the home... who can really speak to true history. i don't think men, as a whole, own traditional chinese martial arts any more than women or any other group. i happen to be chinese myself actually... there is a part of me that is likes to see chinese sifu's (male and female) leading the art of our ancestors. some folks from other groups do it justice. anyway, it's complicated.

i'm no historian, but my main point is that there was some exclusivity to some of the chinese martial arts in the past (shaolin KF) and that it has been more accessible to the broader public than in the past.