Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: females in traditional chinese martial arts

r u a sexy womans

i like the ones with the yellow hairs

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jian View Post
    so, by your analysis...
    -- if they are feminine, soft, and refined (which by definition is tied in with less "ability" or "nature" to fight or take a hit).. that constitutes "femaleness". since those females can't fight, therefore they should not train with men.

-- if they are strong and can fight, then therefore they are not truly ladies and are not women, and don't count in the assessment of women fighting.

you've already defined the parameters to make your argument.

yes, yes, some of the posters here see women as sexual objects not as martial artists, i expected to see some guys with that opinion.

Yes, yes, everyone is equal in la la land. Asians can slam dunk, Latinos get Nobel Prizes and Jews dominate in team sports. Oh what? This is reality!??! Thats not fair!

I was also talking about social class and culture. Middle class white women are not good at fighting.
    Last edited by Razaunida; 06-16-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Ray_Brooks View Post
    If the goal of your school is to train fighters for competition, then I think there is some validity to the "women shouldn't spar with men" rule.

If the goal of your school is to train people in personal self defense, they must if they are training to defend themselves against men. Same with weight classes, if your goal is real world self-defense, you don't get to pick the size or gender of your opponent, so you shouldn't train that way.
    somewhat agree.

However, I would tend to teach much more deceptive and treacherous stuff to women and kids even in those circumstances. And NOT focus on male v female, brute strength vs non-brute strength etc.

I wouldn't want a small women boxing a large man, I'd want her to make a short sharp shock and escape before she got done. Sparring in a kickboxing format? Not cross gendered. It's not productive in a big sense.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If you teach martial arts, you are looking for exceptional students. male or female. there is a large amount of guys that quit. if you find an exceptional individual, male or female, you are blessed as a teacher. these are the people you seek as a teacher. when they find you, teach them. everyone else, male or female, that cannot hack it, is just fodder to train on.

if you have a woman that is serious about training all the way, why hold them back and put them with women who arent? of course keep the women who dont want to train with men away from the men, but if a woman says i want to fight men, let her. otherwise dont train any women at all in any way.

this is all my opinion.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    sounds more appropriate

Personally, i feel a female should train to deal with strong men. they will need it when a man attacks them. but some men just can't handle a strong woman.

And Sifu Gus K's student is HOT. i find a strong woman to be very sexy.
    I agree. Females should train to deal with strong men attacking them.

But by dueling them?

Non. Je ne peux pas accepter moins.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This comment on the You Tube page VOR posted speakes volumes on what many "Kung Fu" people believe.

"Im sorry dont mean to be disrespectful but I hate seeing Kung Fu practitioners fight like kick boxers. If she applied the Kung Fu that she was taught then she would be cleaning house!"
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Why are people so brain washed into believing that men and women should be equal that they actually believe that they are.

This puts a lot of useless pressure on women.

Why must a woman be a woman and a man and a man only has to be a man?

Men and women are not equal. Women are far above in some ways and men are far above in other ways.

The myth of equality is just that. No one really believes it and it is a huge waste of time and energy to try to pretend that everyone is the same.

What I said about white women having a hard time hitting is what many white women (middle class) have told me.

Latinas, Indian girls, and trailer white girls have no problem fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    Why are people so brain washed into believing that men and women should be equal that they actually believe that they are.

Men and women are not equal. Women are far above in some ways and men are far above in other ways.

The myth of equality is just that. No one really believes it and it is a huge waste of time and energy to try to pretend that everyone is the same.

What I said about white women having a hard time hitting is what many white women (middle class) have told me.

A pound of gold weighs as much as a pound of lead. they have many of the same properties as well.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    somewhat agree.

However, I would tend to teach much more deceptive and treacherous stuff to women and kids even in those circumstances. And NOT focus on male v female, brute strength vs non-brute strength etc.

I wouldn't want a small women boxing a large man, I'd want her to make a short sharp shock and escape before she got done. Sparring in a kickboxing format? Not cross gendered. It's not productive in a big sense.
    Actually we train men in treachery and deception as well.

If we didn't, there would be far fewer pregnant women.

Hey sexy..I'm a rich man...and I'm hardworking and nice to everyone....that is treachery.

muahhahahah.

1. Elitist? no.

2. Samoan/Tongan girls can fight. They are also good in bed.

3. Middle and upper class black girls can't fight. Low class black girls can.

Class is a better indicator of values than race. Values and upbringing determine behavior more than skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    r u a sexy womans

i like the ones with the yellow hairs
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post

"Equality" is a very broad topic that I'd like to avoid debating outside of the context of women training in self defense. If they come to me because they want to be able to defend themselves, I would not tell them they were "equal" to their unknown assailant. I don't think I would tell a man that either. I would try to help them develop the skills that improved their chances of avoiding and surviving an attack.

If a woman is uncomfortable hitting someone and she wants to develop those skills (and I agree that this is common), I would work with her on getting comfortable with it and then take her as far as she was able and willing to go, rather than say "welcome, I'm going to put you in the delicate flower group where I think you'll be more comfortable".

true, but on the other hand the men will always train differently with a woman than a man. Sometimes for the better when it is training techniques, but once things become live putting men and women together is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post

There are many poor people out in the world that will know more true happiness than what your money can bring you. shallow as$ weaklings.
    i use manay to buy kfc every day and play on xbox. i am too many happy

i love the manays

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC