Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Bye bye pervert'

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I thought some of you were supposed to be above the 'But the other side does it too' argument'? :confused.
    You're the only one that claims you don't do it, and then do it anyway. The rest of us admittedly do it all the time.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You're the only one that claims you don't do it, and then do it anyway. The rest of us admittedly do it all the time.
    Actually I admit to doing it on one topic in the past.

Have I done it recently? I don't believe I have.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Elected officials and people who work for the public(i.e. police, firemen, etc.) are held to a higher standard. As they should be. We're people too, and we make mistakes. Having that higher standard helps to keep the more rational of us in check.
    There is a Code of Conduct for House members.

He also took at least one of the pics he used for sexting in the House gym.

Blog Entries
    wasn't the pic of him fully clothed? if so, that considered sexting?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

LOL! Seriously??? Do you even think before you type?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

There is a Code of Conduct for House members.

People in Congress should be held to a higher standard. If you're an elected official, the bottom line is you shouldn't be sending people pictures of your junk.

Does April 25th of this year count as recent?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    It happens on both sides, so why is this a big deal?

I mean, the current President of the United States sat and listened to some guy spew hate and racism for 20 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Instead of just saying she was wrong, you used the "but others do it too" argument. I stopped using that by the time I was a teenager.
    Pot meet kettle...
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

People in Congress should be held to a higher standard. If you're an elected official, the bottom line is you shouldn't be sending people pictures of your junk.
    So we agree.

As to RC:

"It happens on both sides, so why is this a big deal?"

I was saying it's no big deal. I wasn't trying to excuse the actions. I was simply pointing out both sides do do it so it's no big deal. I was trying to wrap up the issue, not play tit-for-tat.

So we agree.

As to RC:

"It happens on both sides, so why is this a big deal?"

I was saying it's no big deal. I wasn't trying to excuse the actions. I was simply pointing out both sides do do it so it's no big deal. I was trying to wrap up the issue, not play tit-for-tat.
    Except the thing you said was "no big deal" was a virulently racist email sent by a Republican county official which depicted President Obama as a chimpanzee. Nor did you condemn said email, you justified it by saying "it happens on both sides..." Not once in that thread did you say what she did was wrong. I'm not saying your racist (because I don't believe you are), but you certainly made an excuse for racism on that thread.

Oh, and saying "the other side does it too" is pretty much the definition of tit-for-tat.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Nor did you condemn said email, you justified it by saying "it happens on both sides..."
    I didn't justify it at all.

The e-mail was racist, as were the sermons Wright spewed. I'm not excusing/justifying either.

is it illegal?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

is it illegal?
    Not unless it's sent to kids or it breaks other laws.

But again, House members agree to a Code of Conduct. And they can be removed from office for violating that.

Not unless it's sent to kids or it breaks other laws.

But again, House members agree to a Code of Conduct. And they can be removed from office for violating that.
    Doesn't that code of conduct apply to their activities in the house?
    Does it apply to their personal lives outside of congress?

Why is this such a big deal? It seems so patty and small minded to burn a dude and his career because of some sexual peccadillo.
    Why say one thing and do another or vice versa. Makes all involved look more nuts than the guy who sent a pic of his nuts.

puritanism is goofy and funny to watch. It's a shame that people get destroyed over a boner. The guy was probably hounded for policies he was interested in.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Why is this such a big deal? It seems so patty and small minded to burn a dude and his career because of some sexual peccadillo.
    You ever heard the saying, 'Its not the crime, its the coverup'? He really screwed up when he claimed his account was hacked. Had he just texted a bunch of women pics of himself and fessup up when he got caught, I'd bet the furor would have died down quickly. And he'd likely still be in Congress.

You ever heard the saying, 'Its not the crime, its the coverup'? He really screwed up when he claimed his account was hacked. Had he just texted a bunch of women pics of himself and fessup up when he got caught, I'd bet the furor would have died down quickly. And he'd likely still be in Congress.
    It's BS because as you said, it's not illegal, so there's no crime. Just some infidelity, or maybe not even that. Did anyone talk to his wife? Maybe they are in a more open relationship?

I think he got uptight because he knew what a pack of idiots the press would be over it. Why not try to limit the damage from the idiots who harp on about things even though they are pretty normal and perfectly legal?

what does keeping the books balanced, making your votes according to your constituents wishes and writing bills have to do with flirting with women?

anything?

beuller?

STUPID is what this is. *******ES are the ones who start it and silly is Weiner for putting up with any of you, knee jerk reaction or not.

he's blameless and those who harp about it look like fools and well, are in fact disingenuous liars.
    Kung Fu is good for you.