Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Attacking people

I learn enough about everyone's values and culture and make some racist assumptions about what those might be and try to blend with them so that I am not "othered"

that is the best self defense I have ever learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaunida View Post
    I learn enough about everyone's values and culture and make some racist assumptions about what those might be and try to blend with them so that I am not "othered"

Then perhaps it would be advantageous to tone down some of your harsh rhetortic and demonstrate your understanding, although I must admit it has become more apparent in your most recent posts!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

I try to do that, but it doesn't seem to work.

Latino Gangbanger: "Yo ese'.."
    Me: "Are you calling me a term paper?"
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: no purchase necessary, certain restrictions apply. just because you bought a ticket does not mean you can redeem it, nor does that mean you even possess a "ticket". Ticket shall be defined as "cardstock" measuring 11.2 cubits by 10 centimeters. irregradless of mathematical principles based on abstraction- "cardstock" shall not be reverse-engineered or as otherwise misappropriated. "Misappropriated" shall be defined as meaning "any calculation that is not mine", which will- of course- take us back to the days when "a foot" was measured by whatever current King's foot size was; which can only, of couse, complicate things in the long run. So, for the sake of simplicity, we here at GungFuMagazine.com have the right to sue you if we believe you are an a**hole, and we will do so accordingly- in a court of law- in the jurisdiction of our choosing, and you must comply with this and any beforementioned terms, phrases, idioms and paradoxes aforementioned in order to enter the contest which we may cancel hereon and soforth, or terminate at any time without further notice. "Contest" may as likely be legally defined as "a temporary glitch in the system". "System" shall be regarded as "an illusion put in place to confuse, blind and distract you". "You" shall be defined as either an enslaved or liberated member. The difference in 'enslaved' versus 'liberated' shall be defined by a measure of "Capital" which shall from henceforth be defined as either "sweat-equity" or "mental prowess in the area of manipulation"; the "money" shall belong to the most cunning- and if not them, than the ignorant possessing a particular range of money-making skills OR a combination of both. Happy playing!

Quote Originally Posted by vociferor View Post
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER: no purchase necessary, certain restrictions apply. just because you bought a ticket does not mean you can redeem it, nor does that mean you even possess a "ticket". Ticket shall be defined as "cardstock" measuring 11.2 cubits by 10 centimeters. irregradless of mathematical principles based on abstraction- "cardstock" shall not be reverse-engineered or as otherwise misappropriated. "Misappropriated" shall be defined as meaning "any calculation that is not mine", which will- of course- take us back to the days when "a foot" was measured by whatever current King's foot size was; which can only, of couse, complicate things in the long run. So, for the sake of simplicity, we here at GungFuMagazine.com have the right to sue you if we believe you are an a**hole, and we will do so accordingly- in a court of law- in the jurisdiction of our choosing, and you must comply with this and any beforementioned terms, phrases, idioms and paradoxes aforementioned in order to enter the contest which we may cancel hereon and soforth, or terminate at any time without further notice. "Contest" may as likely be legally defined as "a temporary glitch in the system". "System" shall be regarded as "an illusion put in place to confuse, blind and distract you". "You" shall be defined as either an enslaved or liberated member. The difference in 'enslaved' versus 'liberated' shall be defined by a measure of "Capital" which shall from henceforth be defined as either "sweat-equity" or "mental prowess in the area of manipulation"; the "money" shall belong to the most cunning- and if not them, than the ignorant possessing a particular range of money-making skills OR a combination of both. Happy playing!
    Where you are being institutionalized?

I am Duncan MacLeod
    born 400 years ago
    in the highlands of Scottland.
    I am immortal, and I am not alone.
    For centuries we have waited
    for the time of the gathering,
    when the stroke of a sword and
    the fall of a head will release
    the power of the quickening.
    In the end, there can be only one.

(sung)
    Here we are. Born to be kings.
    We're the princes of the universe.
    I am immortal. I have inside me blood of kings.
    I have no rival. No man can be my equal.
    Take me to the future of your world.

After I mount your sister, your father will force us to get married for the sake of the baby and you will be my brother.

It will be a mitzfah

After I mount your sister, your father will force us to get married for the sake of the baby and you will be my brother.

It will be a mitzfah
    And YOU want to know where HE is institutionalized?

Like is like a pot calling a brother Afro-American.

Like is like a pot calling a brother Afro-American.
    OH! I get it! You are just wondering if he is the guy in the room down the hall from you!!

I am not in any way shape or form associated with or connected to "razaunida"

my posts were meant to serve as disturbances and slight distractionary agents, used for the sole purpose of removing the negative attention from this place which it has so quickly accrued, due mostly in part (i'm sure) to the fact that there is really no real clear-cut way to ban a moderately-informed contemporary user of the internet from an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vociferor View Post
    I am not in any way shape or form associated with or connected to "razaunida"

my posts were meant to serve as disturbances and slight distractionary agents, used for the sole purpose of removing the negative attention from this place which it has so quickly accrued, due mostly in part (i'm sure) to the fact that there is really no real clear-cut way to ban a moderately-informed contemporary user of the internet from an internet forum.
    Raz is the only one who thought you were nuts!

Those of us with brains, and a sense of humor got your joke!

k, good. I didn't want my internet reputation to get ruined... afterall, you know how valuable that is.

Anyhow, someone could only hope Razaunida is only looking for a few good laughs and isn't being serious here.

Though I believe it would be vital to contrast and compare experiences while we got this topic rolling...

unlike razaunida, instead of starting fights with untrained, unsuspecting persons i've been in situations where people have started physical confrontations with me after verbal insults have been said. And this has led me to be in situations where the individual who's swinging on me is not a competent fighter in the slightest, or perhaps a decent fighter but not enough of a threat where that voice goes off in your head saying, "you have to end this, and quick, so give it all you got"... and i've allowed them to swing on me, without hitting them a single time, only blocking, or blocking half-assedly while working on other martial related skills outside of striking (like stance-work and positioning, or blocking-related maneuvars)

a friend of mine who'd witnessed such an encounter (familiar with my capabilities in practice) asked me why I hadn't cleaned the clock on a guy who I allowed to chase me up a street while hitting me at least 20 times. And I told him straight up, "if I seriously got in a fight with that guy, I probably would've killed him"

It's one thing to hold power (without discipline) as you disgrace yourself (lacking self-control), it's another thing entirely to hold it and not allow yourself to become a monster fueled on ego (which is usually: held together by the sinews of masked insecurities and an overwhelming lack of confidence). Traits not found in any strong-minded person, much less, martial artist.

And if fighting is 80% mental... than what is there to say about the martial artist lacking in this most vital area?
    Last edited by vociferor; 06-20-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Hi vociferor,

Well said and well played.

I agree with your actions. They are the actions of a confident and mature person. While it is nice to challenge our abilities in the real world, there are often consequnces that are not worth the benefits gained. It is unlikely one will suffer negative consequences when one chooses not to hurt their attacker, avoid a confrontation and/or help their opponent to save face.

Many fights occur due to an effort to save face! These may usually be ameliorated with good social skills. Other times running away is much better than hurting someone or getting hurt yourself or worse getting and innocent hurt.

I have a friend whose brother was walking out of a bar to watch his friend tussle with another man. He had not been involved in the argument, but was simply a spectator. As he stepped out the door, the other man's friend blind sided him, he fell, hit his head and now he has brain damage. The assailant got sued, but the damage is permanent.

Even uninvolved people can suffer for our own ill-considered actions!

very good point.

when you have a gun: you learn to be responsible.

when you study martial arts: there should be no difference.

---

a man in Las Vegas over 10 years ago (gun owner), was being robbed by two men... he made an irresponsible decision as a gun owner and chased the men up the street, blasting them to death. The court didn't find this decision responsible and sentenced him to prison. While, had he of killed them as they were inside of his home, he would've got off scott-free.

---

if you are an exeptionally trained or serious martial artist... you know how to break bones, gouge eyes, puncture throats, etc. etc. Basically deal real permanent damage to an opponent.

if you are an exceptionally DISCIPLINED/Confident martial artist with nothing to prove (either to another or yourself), you should have the self-control to walk away feeling as if you lost nothing, but only benefitted from preventing your skill-set from getting you in front of a court who defines your conduct as "excessive"

---

this isn't the 50's

two men can't get together and have an honest fist fight, let out some aggression, shake hands (no matter the victor) and call it good after that.

Nowadays, if you win a fight; the guy comes back with a gun, a knife, or some friends.

This is why it is best to resolve not only present but future conflict: fight by not fighting. (Sun Tzu also pronounced this as the pinnacle skill)

---

i'd like to see someone like razaunida give forewarning to an accomplished martial artist, prior to attacking him/her.

Perhaps that would be a wake up call.

perhaps he wont ever get that wake-up call.

perhaps he will hit the wrong 15 year old on the wrong day carrying daddy's pistol in his pocket, and perhaps that kid will be the one to put him out of his misery. (and good riddance?)

razaunida's conception is, to me, not one of "a bad ass". it's a punk with low self-esteem who would not dare give forewarning to an accomplished martial artist because his actions reak of COWARDICE, plain and simple.

it's the same guy who wants to feel tough when he's hitting other people but doesn't want to get his brains bashed in in return.

he wants to attack at a safe distance while hiding behind the conception of playing it "smart"

it's only "smart", according to this definition in war-time situations, but it's called cowardice when being used against your average run of the mill citizen walking to and from a 9 to 5

show some honor razaunida and do yourself a favour: openly challenge an accomplished martial artist, or even better... someone you KNOW (absolutely KNOW FOR A FACT) that you cannot beat.

Then you will be enlightened.

---

I think your fear is greater than you. but don't prove me wrong. prove YOU wrong.

are you beyond your fear of humiliation... death?

all I see is an ego doing whatever it can to (desperately) hold on to itself.

hold on to your self-created conception of yourself as "a tough guy", if you wish. But I know what you are (based on what you say) and what you are not. One thing you are not is a man of honor, nor brave.

the strongest, most successful people alive on this earth have been defeated over a hundred million times. The only "secret" is called: being strong enough to get back up.

if you fail to allow yourself to fall, you will never get back up (becoming stronger and more learned every time that you do). Instead, you will move not at all. And in that state of mediocrity, you will stagnate without inertia.

pay heed to the wise philosopher Sir Dylan: "He not busy being born is busy dying."

---

kill your ego before it kills you.