Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal vs. External

Blog Entries

Internal vs. External

It will be great if we can have internal clip and external clip side by side so we can clear see the difference. I'll suggest the following 4 pairs different clips for both "internal" and "external".

1. punch to the head.
    2. kick to the chest.
    3. lock on the elbow.
    4. hip throw on the body.

If you do believe that there is difference between "internal" and "external", would you mind to share your clips here?

are you trying to find fightin clips or demonstration clips?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    are you trying to find fightin clips or demonstration clips?
    Either one will be fine. Just try to solve this issue once for all.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Just try to solve this issue once for all.
    good luck on that one haha. but i will look around when i get home if i have a chance to try and contribute.

i think to compare combat vid to combat vid, or demo vid to demo vid can be good to, so its on the same page/level.

if possible....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

you may classify some training methods as internal or external.

the idea is that

you cultivate your external strength, there is a limit you may reach

however, with internal training or cultivation, you may increase your external strength

and there is no ceiling for internal training.

yes,

just on the outlook, a punch is a punch, a kick is a kick, a lock is a lock, a throw is a throw.

but may be use punch bag with meter or detector

we may measure psi or pound per square inch

after a while, we may see if internal training increase that or not.

so try your punch first

and after some internal training

and try your punch again and measure psi.

--

even just look at the movement on the outside

well they all look the same.

--

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Either one will be fine. Just try to solve this issue once for all.
    Good luck with that sir!!

*waves as the ship sails into the open sea where many sharkwolves are....

Kung Fu is good for you.

Example of an external throw:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uSfLDuRtOM

Example of an internal throw:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uSfLDuRtOM

Problem Solved
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Internal is "felt" and not seen. With this definition internal people never have to show anything technically because they feel it subjectively in their bodies.

You ever see youtube clips of yogic "flying" which is really just hopping while sitting indian style. When they talk about it they say, "The feeling inside your body while flying is amazing. Inside it feels like you are lighter than air." Unfortunately this translates into them hopping around on mats. I finally got my friend to admit that "yogic flying" is misleading because I think they try to make it sound like physical flying but they aren't. They're talking about internal flying and external hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Internal is "felt" and not seen. With this definition internal people never have to show anything technically because they feel it subjectively in their bodies.

You ever see youtube clips of yogic "flying" which is really just hopping while sitting indian style. When they talk about it they say, "The feeling inside your body while flying is amazing. Inside it feels like you are lighter than air." Unfortunately this translates into them hopping around on mats. I finally got my friend to admit that "yogic flying" is misleading because I think they try to make it sound like physical flying but they aren't. They're talking about internal flying and external hopping.
    I bet one crisp dollah that any internal martial artist in the world will definitely "feel" my externally produced strike upon their belly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    any art when practiced correctly is "internal," by definition; relaxed power, focused breath, intention, correct structure and alignment working as a unit, creating power and rooting.
    If it is forced, relying on brute strength improperly applied, it is not "external," it is simply wrong.
    Usually it is a result of improper or incomplete teaching, spread by guys who "earned" their Black Belts (a beginner's rank) and proclaimed themselves Masters, thus continuing the myth.
    The terms, "internal and external," are simply thrown around by modern day "internal stylists," and is nothing more than snobbery.
    Good Shotokan is as internal as Tai Gihk Kuen.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    any art when practiced correctly is "internal," by definition; relaxed power, focused breath, intention, correct structure and alignment working as a unit, creating power and rooting.
    If it is forced, relying on brute strength improperly applied, it is not "external," it is simply wrong.
    Usually it is a result of improper or incomplete teaching, spread by guys who "earned" their Black Belts (a beginner's rank) and proclaimed themselves Masters, thus continuing the myth.
    The terms, "internal and external," are simply thrown around by modern day "internal stylists," and is nothing more than snobbery.
    Good Shotokan is as internal as Tai Gihk Kuen.
    stop it, just STOP IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post

Problem Solved
    LOL bravo sir, bravo.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post

Problem Solved
    well played, sir!
    I actually expected someone to show a throw done indoors and then one done outside...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

External hemorrhoids are those that occur outside the anal verge (the distal end of the anal canal). Specifically, they are varicosities of the veins draining the territory of the inferior rectal arteries, which are branches of the internal pudendal artery. They are sometimes painful, and often accompanied by swelling and irritation. Itching, although often thought to be a symptom of external hemorrhoids, is more commonly due to skin irritation. External hemorrhoids are prone to thrombosis: if the vein ruptures and/or a blood clot develops, the hemorrhoid becomes a thrombosed hemorrhoid

Internal hemorrhoids are those that occur inside the rectum. Specifically, they are varicosities of veins draining the territory of branches of the superior rectal arteries. As this area lacks pain receptors, internal hemorrhoids are usually not painful and most people are not aware that they have them. Internal hemorrhoids, however, may bleed when irritated. Untreated internal hemorrhoids can lead to two severe forms of hemorrhoids: prolapsed and strangulated hemorrhoids. Prolapsed hemorrhoids are internal hemorrhoids that are so distended that they are pushed outside the anus. If the anal sphincter muscle goes into spasm and traps a prolapsed hemorrhoid outside the anal opening, the supply of blood is cut off, and the hemorrhoid becomes a strangulated hemorrhoid.

Internal hemorrhoids can be further graded by the degree of prolapse

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

apple cider vinegar on a cotton cloth, applied to the anus combined with consumption of two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with about 4 oz of warm water will take care of a lot of the various manifestations of hemmerhoids that there are.

In many cases, it is a variety of yeast infection and can be relieved and cured within a few days with this method.

It'll sting a little, but it works.

Take it from a guy that's ridden a lot of miles on a bike and sat a lot of hours at desks and on floors.
    Kung Fu is good for you.