Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the Shadow of Fallen Towers

Hybrid View

In the Shadow of Fallen Towers

I have launched a new project. In the Shadow of Fallen Towers is a high-concept blend of Wuxia and conventional post apocalyptic Sci-fi available exclusively through the url below. This experimental novel is going up in unedited first draft and is open to comments. I am crowd-sourcing the review and editorial process, allowing my readership to help shape the end result. Get in on the ground floor of this innovative literary project now and help bring Wuxia to the English literary world.

Link in my sig.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Chapter two is up.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Chapter 3 is up.
    Simon McNeil

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    awesome i'll try and get to it and read through.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Thanks! And don't forget to comment. It's a first draft and a big part of the "experimental" aspect of this book is the crowd-sourcing aspect of review and editorial work.
    Simon McNeil

A contest - cross-posted from my blog.

Hi there guys,

I am really hoping to get some good conversations going so, what can I say, I'm going to bribe you.

Here's what I am going to do:

Every time you place a comment on any chapter of In the Shadow of Fallen Towers ( (on the blog please rather than here, so that everybody can see it) I'm going to enter your name in a draw. After the first draft ends I will be sending a highly limited edition (there will be five of them), personalized e-book copy of the first draft to five people selected at random from my comment pool.

When the commercial draft of the book is complete I'll go back to that pool of contestants and draw one name. That person will receive a signed print copy of the book.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 12 is available for your reading pleasure.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 13 is up, and it's a doozy.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 14 is up now.

I did a word count. I've written 12755 words this week (an average of 1822 a day). The total word-length of the story is now 24667 which means if I use a standard-length novel I'm 1/4 of the way through. Considering what's happened this is about right.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 15 is available now.
    Simon McNeil

Hi guys,

Chapter 16 is available now. Chapter 17 is set on a timer to go up at midnight. It's officially the Sunday post because, looking at my time over the weekend I had time to write 2 chapters today but wasn't sure I had any time to write on Sunday.

Hope you enjoy.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 21 is live, now with a poll!
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 22 is live.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 23 is up and Kieran and Savannah have finally met.
    Simon McNeil

In Chapter 24, continuing in the theme of meetings, Sophie and Kyle meet somebody they didn't expect.
    Last edited by SimonM; 07-10-2011 at 07:31 AM.
    Simon McNeil