Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Shadow of Fallen Towers

In the Shadow of Fallen Towers

I have launched a new project. In the Shadow of Fallen Towers is a high-concept blend of Wuxia and conventional post apocalyptic Sci-fi available exclusively through the url below. This experimental novel is going up in unedited first draft and is open to comments. I am crowd-sourcing the review and editorial process, allowing my readership to help shape the end result. Get in on the ground floor of this innovative literary project now and help bring Wuxia to the English literary world.

Link in my sig.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Chapter two is up.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Chapter 3 is up.
    Simon McNeil

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    awesome i'll try and get to it and read through.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Thanks! And don't forget to comment. It's a first draft and a big part of the "experimental" aspect of this book is the crowd-sourcing aspect of review and editorial work.
    Simon McNeil

A contest - cross-posted from my blog.

Hi there guys,

I am really hoping to get some good conversations going so, what can I say, I'm going to bribe you.

Here's what I am going to do:

Every time you place a comment on any chapter of In the Shadow of Fallen Towers ( (on the blog please rather than here, so that everybody can see it) I'm going to enter your name in a draw. After the first draft ends I will be sending a highly limited edition (there will be five of them), personalized e-book copy of the first draft to five people selected at random from my comment pool.

When the commercial draft of the book is complete I'll go back to that pool of contestants and draw one name. That person will receive a signed print copy of the book.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 4 is live now. Check it out!
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 5 is live!
    Simon McNeil

Simon,

How do you post a comment to the blog? Do i have to create an account? Sorry, but i just can't find the info.

Click on the link that says how many comments there are already. When you have done that you will be redirected to a page with just the post you want to comment on and a box for putting your comments in. It'll give you a variety of ways to sign the comment or, IIRC the option to post anonymously. As a note anonymous comments will not be entered into the contest for self-evident reasons.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 6 is live for your reading pleasure.
    Simon McNeil

I redesigned the layout of the page a little bit for ease of navigation. Check it out.
    Simon McNeil

Just looking at the thread it seems we have had similar story ideas Simon. I'm no writer though, I have been kicking around a similar post-apocalyptic wuxia comic/graphic novel idea for quite some time.

I'll let you know when I get around to reading a bit.

It is just about the best setting, other than the original, to transpose the Jianghu into.

I'm having a lot of fun with it. I have about 3 novels worth of material for Walking the Radiant Trail (including 1 complete novel I'm trying to sell) and now started on this new project.

If you are looking at doing the art for a graphic novel project perhaps we should discuss collaboration.
    Simon McNeil

Better late than never - Chapter 7 is live.

After 1 week I've completed 11881 words of "In the Shadow of Fallen Towers"
    Last edited by SimonM; 06-23-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Simon McNeil