Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Shadow of Fallen Towers

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    It is just about the best setting, other than the original, to transpose the Jianghu into.

I'm having a lot of fun with it. I have about 3 novels worth of material for Walking the Radiant Trail (including 1 complete novel I'm trying to sell) and now started on this new project.

If you are looking at doing the art for a graphic novel project perhaps we should discuss collaboration.
    It's actually an artist I'd need. I could probably more easily write a comic script than prose is my main problem.

It does seem like dependable artists are harder to find than enthusiastic writers.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Ok folks, Chapter 8 is up. And I've finally stopped dithering around establishing the characters and gone into a bit of Kung Fu - you know, that part of the Wuxia equation.

Chapter is a bit long but, by the end we'll have a duel, a 2 on 1 duel, and rumours of a hidden manual.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

try scouting some colleges, you can find some great talent and commission for those people would be considerably less since you can exploit the fact they are still students
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    try scouting some colleges, you can find some great talent and commission for those people would be considerably less since you can exploit the fact they are still students
    What I had in mind, (and apparently Zenshiite too) would be more along the lines of collaboration than commission, but your point is well received.
    Simon McNeil

its my plan i write too. lol i have 3 projects im working on, one horror, one sci fi(joint project), and one sci fi/fantasy...the horror is looking very much to go the way of the graphic novel....and i need that done chhhheaaappp

i think i will start reading your online book on monday...id much rather get paid to do that than work
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    its my plan i write too. lol i have 3 projects im working on, one horror, one sci fi(joint project), and one sci fi/fantasy...the horror is looking very much to go the way of the graphic novel....and i need that done chhhheaaappp

i think i will start reading your online book on monday...id much rather get paid to do that than work
    LOL Thanks! Got plenty of content up now to read too.
    Simon McNeil

sweet, I think maybe I'll start this weekend so I have a good start to be able to more adequately 'slack off' at work.

I do have a question for you. How does having your book online like this work? Are you able to make money by doing this or are you simply donating your art to the public? Do you like having your book online?

Right now it's donating my art to the public only. The first draft is FULLY free and will continue to be fully free in perpetuity, as will the second draft.

It's a first draft - it still has typographical errors in it. I wouldn't ASK for money.

I do get enough ad revenue from project wonderful to cover the cost of online advertising but that amounts to about. $0.01 a day.

When the 1st draft is finished I'll be revising it, reposting the 2nd draft, revising it again and putting the 3rd draft out as an e-book and a print-on-demand paperback.

Then I might make a bit of money - if I'm lucky.

But right now I just figured - what the hell - it'll be some time before Walking the Radiant Trail sees the light of day since I'm going the conventional publishing route and I got into the whole writing thing because I like to tell stories. Might as well just tell one.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 9 is up. The third chapter in the Kyle arc.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 10 is up. I've now brought Kieran's arc chronologically to within a day of everybody else's through a training montage!
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 11 is up as Savannah carries the stricken Dave Boyd on a harrowing journey through the Long Dark.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 12 is available for your reading pleasure.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Right now it's donating my art to the public only. The first draft is FULLY free and will continue to be fully free in perpetuity, as will the second draft.

It's a first draft - it still has typographical errors in it. I wouldn't ASK for money.

I do get enough ad revenue from project wonderful to cover the cost of online advertising but that amounts to about. $0.01 a day.

When the 1st draft is finished I'll be revising it, reposting the 2nd draft, revising it again and putting the 3rd draft out as an e-book and a print-on-demand paperback.

Then I might make a bit of money - if I'm lucky.

But right now I just figured - what the hell - it'll be some time before Walking the Radiant Trail sees the light of day since I'm going the conventional publishing route and I got into the whole writing thing because I like to tell stories. Might as well just tell one.
    word thats pretty bad ass...i might have to consider doing that just to get some fire under my ass.

So far it has been amazing fun - and I've been happier with this story than anything I've done previously.

Oh, and the webnovel provides an immediacy to the occasional piece of fan-mail which is awesome for the occasional late-night ego stroke.
    Simon McNeil