Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: In the Shadow of Fallen Towers

In Chapter 26 Savannah meets a lost friend.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

In Chapter 27 all of our POV characters reluctantly join forces to escape the Defilers of the Twilight Shops.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Chapter 28 is up. In the Shadow of Fallen Towers is now 49000 words long and 2 chapters short of the official 1/2 way mark in the story arc.

That means 2 things:

1) provided I manage at least 1000 words in the next 3 days I'll have hit the NANOWRIMO mark for word count.

2) I can estimate that the final length of the novel will be 105000 words based on an average chapter length of 1750 chapters and 60 chapters planned in the outline.

It's still not too late to start reading the story though. I hope you do.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 29 is up. It MAY be the last chapter until Monday as I've got a convention I'm attending from Friday until Sunday and may have neither the time nor the sobriety to write much.
    Simon McNeil

Back from a 3 day hiatus In the Shadow of Fallen Towers Ch. 30 focuses on Kyle as he returns with Dave Boyd as his prisoner.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 31 has Kieran and Savannah scrambling to save his uncle.
    Simon McNeil

There are those of us that prefer to read something when it is finished and for those, perhaps NOT telling us what is happening will keep our interest more...just saying...

When will the novel be done?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

There should be a complete manuscript in about one month. Then about 2 months to do the first round of revisions for the final free draft. Then another month or so for the final round of revisions for the pay-version.

And I never give you enough in those 1 sentence things to really do anything but whet your interest but if you like I'll put in spoiler blocking in the future.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    There should be a complete manuscript in about one month. Then about 2 months to do the first round of revisions for the final free draft. Then another month or so for the final round of revisions for the pay-version.
    Keep us posted fuc-nuts.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You know I will.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 32 is up. Spoiler-ish description in the brackets. <Discussions of Defilers, Poisons and Secret Societies. Savannah learns a secret.>
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 33 is up. Spoilerish description in the brackets <As he struggles to save Sophie's life Kyle deals with issues of loyalty and betrayal.>
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 35 is up, no spoilerish text today. Just a reminder that I do post a content advisory in the upper left-hand corner.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 36 is up.
    Simon McNeil

Chapter 37 is up.
    Simon McNeil