Thread: Taizu Men - Zhen Wu Sword [太祖门 - 真武剑]

Taizu Men - Zhen Wu Sword [太祖门 - 真武剑]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScCx4...eature=feedlik

Like it, seems to belong to the Hebei Taizu Chang Quan.

Kind regards,
    Xian

Honestly, the problem with a single person demonstrating sword styles, especially with poor video quality, is that it's hard to gague how effective they would be.

Some of the techniques this guy demonstrated are good, and he certainly has strong control of the blade.

Other things he does would get you killed in short order on the battlefield and probably on a duelling ground too.

I will give you this - the guy had grace and poise.

Has he posted any fencing vids?

I'd be interested to see.

Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

The Channel is from Sifu Wu is from the so called Taiping Research Institute. As U understood it they mainly focus on promoting Chinese Traditional Martial Arts. As so the videos are from different practitioners from different martial arts. They document it through small footages. Sometimes they show really rare stuff.In other words I don't know who the guy is. He is most likely not the SifuWu.

Kind regards,
    Xian

Perhaps I should clarify, when I said fencing I didn't mean as in western duelling sword competition, I meant competitive sword play in general. Sword sticking vids are awesome to watch when the players have skill.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Simon McNeil