Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore faxiapreta

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I am of the impression that some people have been awarded that appellation due to their attitude, not the content of their posts.
    The appelation 'subhuman'? There are many reasons people have been named subhuman. Perhaps you know of some.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Looks like he's been pulling stuff like this for at least 6 years and then turning into a ghost himself when someone actually calls him.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...d.php?p=634338
    There are many, many who do this. It's so easy to make claims and then excuse oneself from providing evidence of them, and simply threaten others, or say 'hey come down and fight me'. It's an easy gamble - hardly anyone is ever going to turn up.

What we're left with is people for whom, no matter how they try to squirm out of it, all the evidence of what they say they can do is somewhere in the future - but they feelamply justified in using that 'evidence' to support their self appointed reputation in the present.

In the old days, there was this crazy idea that people were responsible for providing the proof for their own crazy ideas. Martial arts is unique in that it allows the particular character assasination of 'coward'. Imagine saying to Nadal that you were a bad ass tennis player, then keep telling him that until he flies across the world to beat you, he's a ****ed coward.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    2. You'd always have me to talk to
    Well, there is that. You know, because you NEVER troll.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I guess I'll go bleeding heart for a moment and cry a river. I have done some snide shouting in the past at people here. But once finished, I never was really sure why I had done it...

This used to be, and I guess still is, a pretty cool forum. I guess that a lot of problems with this forum is the same as a lot of problems with the TMA scene. That is, the circle jerk seems to win a lot.

No one here is special, but I think that mostly everyone has something to contribute. Agreeing all of the time is boring for sure, but I am never certain why a disagreement turns into wife farking, my style's best, and general ego.

Ego is man's incorrect answer to reality. Ego never wins in the end of it all. A Nuke does.

Okay, enough crying, back to it. I like hearing from Faxiapreta though, regardless of who he is. Fresh thought...

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    I guess I'll go bleeding heart for a moment and cry a river. I have done some snide shouting in the past at people here. But once finished, I never was really sure why I had done it...

This used to be, and I guess still is, a pretty cool forum. I guess that a lot of problems with this forum is the same as a lot of problems with the TMA scene. That is, the circle jerk seems to win a lot.

No one here is special, but I think that mostly everyone has something to contribute. Agreeing all of the time is boring for sure, but I am never certain why a disagreement turns into wife farking, my style's best, and general ego.

Ego is man's incorrect answer to reality. Ego never wins in the end of it all. A Nuke does.

Okay, enough crying, back to it. I like hearing from Faxiapreta though, regardless of who he is. Fresh thought...
    One of the greatest ideological mistakes is to think that being 'neutral' is neutral. Actually, to suggest that questioning is really ego, or unnecessary, or oh dear beyond civil, is to place a hand over the acts under question; to assert no, no, don't question it, don't be mean to it.

In fact, Faxipareta is astonishingly well controlled - compared to some of the extremecomments made by other people. But they don't see their comments as extreme because they think they're in the right, and therefore justified in what they say.

No, I think it's rather better not to just agree to disagree. I don't want to just agree to disagree over whether threatening people is wrong, or that putting bear parts in snake oil potions and selling them as actual medical remedies to actually poorly people is questionable in the extreme. To say it's my ego that does it is simply to state a meaningless truism. We all have an ego. The point is what you do with it.
    It's not worth a penny!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I don't have a need to put him on ignore. Sometimes, through these "discussions"
    we get to bring out useful information.
    With those guys involved, it prevents us from getting into deeper level discussion. For example, the discussion about "小纏絲(Xiao Chan Xi) - wrist lock" that he said it would never work against resistent opponent. What he didn't know was it can be used to set up many other moves by borrowing opponent's resistence. It can be interest discussion if we can get into the eagle claw "三把腕子(San Ba Wan Z1) - 3 steps wrist lock" and "how to use wrist lock to set up elbow lock, shoulder lock, or even a front cut throw". Do we want to continue discuss on that subject with him? Of course not. Since he has no interest in TCMA, any valuable information will be just a big waste to him.

Since he is not one of us. Sharing deep level information with him will not only be stupid but also be dis-respect to our TCMA.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-20-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    With those guys involved, it prevents us from getting into deeper level discussion. For example, the discussion about "小纏絲(Xiao Chan Xi) - wrist lock" that he said it would never work against resistet opponent. What he didn't know was it can be used to set up many other moves by borrowing opponent's resistence. It can be interest discussion if we can get into the eagle claw "三把腕子(San Ba Wan Z1) - 3 steps wrist lock" and "how to use wrist lock to set up elbow lock, shoulder lock, or even a front cut throw".

Since he is not one of us. Sharing deep level information with him will not only be stupid but also be dis-respect to our TCMA.
    Of course you could really get my attention, as well as have a productive discussion, by showing that technique working in a live setting.

Of course you can't do that, so you rather spend your time posting it in unrealistic conditions with compliant partners and then whining when someone asks you to provide evidence for it.

Of course you could really get my attention, as well as have a productive discussion, by showing that technique working in a live setting.

Of course you can't do that, so you rather spend your time posting it in unrealistic conditions with compliant partners and then whining when someone asks you to provide evidence for it.
    Since a lot of these wrist lock techniques are used in law enforcement, it would be difficult to come up with real world videos. I have seen a number of wrist locks and come-a-longs used quite effectively by correctional officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Since a lot of these wrist lock techniques are used in law enforcement, it would be difficult to come up with real world videos. I have seen a number of wrist locks and come-a-longs used quite effectively by correctional officers.
    Actually, there's a very easy way. Simply enter a submission grappling tourney and post the vids of those techniques being performed against resisting opponents. Then, you don't have to do the whole "it's done in law enforcement, but there are no videos" excuse.

Problem solved.

Funny how no one ever seems to be able to do this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    I just ignored faxiapreta:
    You just ignored faxiwho?

Actually, there's a very easy way. Simply enter a submission grappling tourney and post the vids of those techniques being performed against resisting opponents. Then, you don't have to do the whole "it's done in law enforcement, but there are no videos" excuse.

Problem solved.

except there is no reason for those types of techniques to really be used in a grappling tourny...to enter a tournament and try and use something that has no real bearing or place there would be more than silly...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    ross you need to start refering to yourself in the third person then I would say your a little off kilter.

We all know that you have mult. accounts just to mess with people and that your really bawang and gene's alter ego.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Problem solved.

No it isn't since that is merely a duel and duels are not the only way fights occur!

Is this where we hang our tampons out to dry?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    ross you need to start refering to yourself in the third person then I would say your a little off kilter.

We all know that you have mult. accounts just to mess with people and that your really bawang and gene's alter ego.
    what is really funny, is when people think that is actually true
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....