Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Taoist Update

Black Taoist Update

Just saw a 2011 Hsing-I training video on YouTube of Black Taoist baby tapping a towel hung to a tree...this surprised me on a couple levels. Especially someone who has so many years of internal training behind them.... visually it could be impressive marketing if he was laying into it a bit, kind of like Kill Bill, but...

Anyway, just wanted to know if his fight ever happened. Couldn't notice all the videos hyping the lead up. All the talking.

Any one know if he fought? The outcome?

I think that, if you wanna post clips of supplementary exercises that are fun and productive, that's great.
    But the fact of the matter is, the only way one gets good at fighting is fighting and advocating anything outside of that, smacks as "delusional".
    One does NOT get better at fighting doing:
    Forms
    IP and IB
    Weights
    Gymnastics
    etc, etc.

That said, posting videos of how to increase punching speed or crushing power or kicking speed is just fine, just don't make them more than what they are - building of attributes that MAY lead to being a better fighter.
    Much like running builds cardio that may help you train more fighting to develop more "fighter specififc" cardio.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

BT hypes up all the time and then surprise!!!!! NOTHING!!!

whatever. I have zero interest in any of that action coming out of there.
    It's all come out as a wash in my opinion and not one of those dudes stepped up to what they said they would.

None of them did anything but talk trash, make you tube announcements and of course, fail to fight.

With that Hill fight, a completely different individual who fax doesn't seem to realize isn't the guy in question, but meh, here nor there because it lends itself to the point that although the guy who thought his bagua was shizzle got beat up by a kick boxing Muay thai guy at least he tried.

He learned more than the thai boxer guy did. And if he didn't, he'll live through that again and again until he does.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    that's not black taoist
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    that's not black taoist
    Oh, sorry, it's hard to keep the New York posturing deadly black internal bagua big mouth practitioners separate from each other.

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    that's not black taoist
    No, it's his friend Ben Bey Hill aka "Maoshan".
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    No, it's his friend Ben Bey Hill aka "Maoshan".
    yeah, lemme ask - what's with the "Bey" title? I guess my question about it is, why is he self-identifying as a Turkish / Azerbaijani / Persian tribal leader?!?

only in New York...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    yeah, lemme ask - what's with the "Bey" title? I guess my question about it is, why is he self-identifying as a Turkish / Azerbaijani / Persian tribal leader?!?

only in New York...
    I dunno. Why does one of the absolutely most un-taoist individuals in the world call himself "Black Taoist"?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    I dunno. Why does one of the absolutely most un-taoist individuals in the world call himself "Black Taoist"?
    there seems to be a trend amongst certain segments of the African-American TCMA community to adopt bogus honorifics from non-western culture; I could hazzard a guess as to the underlying socio-economic factors informing such activity, but won't...

its less freaky than islamic wing chun or kemetic shackle hands slave kung fu

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

there seems to be a trend amongst certain segments of the African-American TCMA community to adopt bogus honorifics from non-western culture; I could hazzard a guess as to the underlying socio-economic factors informing such activity, but won't...
    Has something to do with being robbed of your cultural heritage and labeled The "Wretched of the Earth", "White man's burden", "barack obama did it" LOL!
    Easy to poke fun at the disenfranchised with every opportunity an impulsive privileged whim away, the world your oyster

A fat racist and a skinny racist jump off a cliff. Who wins?

Society....

"I am black; I am in total fusion with the world, in sympathetic affinity with the earth, losing my id in the heart of the cosmos -- and the white man, however intelligent he may be, is incapable of understanding Louis Armstrong or songs from the Congo. I am black, not because of a curse, but because my skin has been able to capture all the cosmic effluvia. I am truly a drop of sun under the earth."
    — Frantz Fanon (Black Skin, White Masks)

Oh those zany black guys
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 06-21-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Not really that different than all the white-anglo-saxon americans and europeans who become infatuated and brainwashed by all things CMA.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Not really that different than all the white-anglo-saxon americans and europeans who become infatuated and brainwashed by all things CMA.

fuk u faxia!

I'm a certified 78th Generation Taoist Master of the Jade Stalk sect! My mind was cleansed by the Cosmic Power of the Tao!

Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post

My mind was cleansed by the Cosmic Power of the Tao!
    tool they used to clean it

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....